Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 714,178 times)

SM

SM

I remember Fincher saying something about wanting to the title sequence to be disjointed and 'dreamlike'.

QuoteThe room that the egg is seen in is not, and cannot be the landing gear.

Could be some other part of the dropship.  She acided a hole and stuck the egg in - hence the acid that lands near Bishop.

Though I do stress 'could'.

This too is speculative.

Its Game Time

Its Game Time

I guess we will never know.

Extroheal

Extroheal

This is why I like the idea that the egg was planted by an alien warrior that came aboard the dropship like the Queen. A lot of people say the egg wasn't on the dropship. I don't know whether it was or it wasn't the but the warrior theory doesn't need the egg to be on the dropship.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

We never saw the egg after the opening sequence...  So who says it was actually in the escape pod or any other part of the main ship?  Maybe the shot of the egg was actually a shot inside of the dropship.  The facehugger(s) crawled from there to their cryo-tubes.

My ideas as to the "plothole" of the facehugger laying two embryos are:

A.) A facehugger that holds a queen is stronger and/or holds a regular warrior alien along with the queen.  (We've never dealt with another queen embyro implantation, so there's nothing in the films to disprove this.)

B.) If a facehugger manages to latch onto another host before dying, it can sometimes lay another embryo.  As humans can sometimes have twins, facehuggers can sometimes be created with two embryos.  Or maybe facehuggers have a lot of embryos; they just die before they have time to implant them all.  Another twin-like idea was mentioned as well, saying one egg could possibly be made with two huggers by chance.

C.) It was simply lost in the transition from the assembly cut to the theatrical cut.  The assembly cut showed us two facehuggers, a regular one, and the newly-developed for this installment, "super facehugger".  (I think that's what it's called...)  So when the scene with the dead ox was cut from the film, so was the second facehugger.

I love the third film enough to not care, but I think people are a little too strict reguarding the rules of the lifecycle.  These are bizarre organisms that are different from any creature we know of.
(As you can see, I'm a personal beliver in using a little imagination to close plotholes as opposed to letting them ruin a film for me...)

Extroheal

Extroheal

My interpretation has always been that some facehuggers naturally have two embryos, regardless of whether one of them is a queen or not. There were more aliens that human hosts in AVP so this is effectively a fact. It always annoys me when people insist that there were eggs aboard the Sulaco because it gets harder to explain how two eggs got aboard and because these people seem to be deliberately ignoring AVP.

SiL

SiL

A) It was a mistake

and B) You'd be implying there could be multiple Aliens to a single host.

SM

SM

I could kinda go for multiple births from a single host - I brought it up in an essay about Resurrection and Wren's "twelve" Aliens years ago.  However this isn't supported by onscreen evidence in Resurrection.  And there's possibly ways around the "too many Aliens" in AvP without resorting to multiple embryos in single host.  It's more unprecedented and unsupported speculation.

Grid Alien

Grid Alien

I like the idea of a facehugger impreganating two hoasts

Grid Alien

Extroheal

Extroheal

Quote from: SM on May 03, 2007, 08:55:44 AM
And there's possibly ways around the "too many Aliens" in AvP without resorting to multiple embryos in single host.
The only other explanation I can think of is that the Predators somehow missed some aliens in the 1904 hunt and when the rooms stopped shifting, they were stuck in the pyramid for 100 years. But this is much less plausible than the multiple embryos theory.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Quote from: Extroheal on May 03, 2007, 10:43:34 PM
Quote from: SM on May 03, 2007, 08:55:44 AM
And there's possibly ways around the "too many Aliens" in AvP without resorting to multiple embryos in single host.
The only other explanation I can think of is that the Predators somehow missed some aliens in the 1904 hunt and when the rooms stopped shifting, they were stuck in the pyramid for 100 years. But this is much less plausible than the multiple embryos theory.
It's not too hard to believe that they were trapped, considering the queen survived all those years in the ice.

Newsfop

Newsfop

When I think back to when I first saw the movie, I never gave any thought to how the mechanics of the cycle worked. The title sequence made me very uneasy because of the constant intercutting between Sulaco and dead of space. (I was 11 at the time.) I think that for the film, the need to show how the creature developed just wasn't that important. Alien covered it pretty well, and Aliens showed where the eggs could come from. The rest is up for each viewer to come up with on their own. I think that it could have either been multiple facehuggers or multiple embryos.

SM

SM

Impregnation of dead bodies isn't entirely without precedent.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Burke!  It was Burke.

That was his plan all along.  Ripley even figured it out, but she forgot to check the ship for any eggs.  Doh!

EDIT:  Ok, maybe not.

SM

SM

He also transported a bunch of Aliens back in time to a temple in the early 21st century.

With Bishops help.

QuoteIt's not too hard to believe that they were trapped, considering the queen survived all those years in the ice.

The Queen had a life support system to take into consideration.  And why didn't the Aliens try to free her in the intervening century?

Extroheal

Extroheal

Maybe they became trapped in a small room when the pyramid stopped shifting and couldn't get to the queen. The main reason why this theory is unlikely is that it requires the Predators to be extremely careless. Then again, they didn't bother to check Scar's body...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed