Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 716,227 times)

SM

SM

Quote from: SiL on Feb 26, 2014, 07:04:35 AM
Quote from: SM on Feb 25, 2014, 11:59:16 PM
Could only be two really.  If someone is Lieutenant First Class, they're not going to be referred to as that.  They'd simply be called "Lieutenant".  I think.
A Warrant Officer and Third Officer aren't the same thing, but.

I just figured she was the third officer of the Nostromo - Dallas and Kane being the first and second officer.

Even though Dallas was Captain and Kane was Executive Officer.

f**ked if I know.  Blame Giler and Hill - they described her as Warrant Officer in the sciprt and than Dallas calls her Warrant Officer later on.  Then she describes herself as Third Officer.

SiL

SiL

Maybe in the future you can be third officer by warrant.

Or, yeah, she was just third in command of the ship.

Hurrah, problems solved!

LastSurvivor92

LastSurvivor92

Darkness, I believe the Queen managed to lay it their before she was killed.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Well, if she was a warrant officer, and it still had any relation to warrant officers in service today, it would make her very experienced among the crew. Could explain a bit of her badassery.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: winddownandsmoke92 on Feb 28, 2014, 01:53:43 AMDarkness, I believe the Queen managed to lay it their before she was killed.
Except how is she supposed to lay an egg with no egg sac?

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Like how an Alien makes an egg with no queen ;)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: RagingDragon on Feb 28, 2014, 08:56:42 AMLike how an Alien makes an egg with no queen ;)
Then who does she use to make the egg?

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

I want to SEX Ripley.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Or maybe Colonial Marines...

OR MAYBE a drone hid with the Queen then left the dropship after everyone went to sleep and cocooned whoever pilots the Sulaco (Perhaps a character we never met) therefore that's why the egg is on the wall due to egg morphing and when the electrical fire happens it kills the drone?

IDK f**kin' know. Because there's truthfully many answers you could choose from.

otto.nilsson3

otto.nilsson3

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this before, but for all the guys/chicks out there that suspects Bishop..
Please explain to me how he transported the Egg without LEGS!!!
And don't come with that; "ehehshhdhhd, exosuit..."
He couldn't possibly move the exosuit without any legs..
Now debate...

SM

SM

I don't think anyone suspects Bishop after he gets cleft in twain.

PsyKore

PsyKore

I like to think that there is no physical egg in the Sulaco at all, but the pictures we see is just from Ripley's dream.

It's more plausible a couple of facehuggers hitched a ride up with the Queen and then stowed away somewhere.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

The problem there is the facehugger's behavior would then not make any sense. It would have been more likely for them to immediately seek out Newt and Ripley for impregnation, or to give Hicks a smoochy while he was comatose in the drop ship.

Unless we're going to go with the idea that they let their queen die for some reason, which doesn't seem in keeping.

As an aside I always liked the idea of the queen's stinger doing nasty crap to Bishop's insides from the unused Gibson draft. Just seemed like a neat way to expand on the alien capabilities and avoid them being boxed into just one kind of life cycle.

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 03, 2014, 02:31:24 AM
The problem there is the facehugger's behavior would then not make any sense. It would have been more likely for them to immediately seek out Newt and Ripley for impregnation, or to give Hicks a smoochy while he was comatose in the drop ship.

Unless we're going to go with the idea that they let their queen die for some reason, which doesn't seem in keeping.

I dunno. I think facehuggers tend to not attack until someone comes very close to them. And judging by where the Queen hid on the dropship, I don't think the facehuggers would have found Hicks inside. I think it's possible they could have snuck off and found a crevice somewhere to hide in until they felt the time to strike. From my observations, facehuggers have a more "wait and strike" kind of nature.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 03, 2014, 02:31:24 AMAs an aside I always liked the idea of the queen's stinger doing nasty crap to Bishop's insides from the unused Gibson draft. Just seemed like a neat way to expand on the alien capabilities and avoid them being boxed into just one kind of life cycle.
That was a cool idea (although I didn't like the new Thing-style skin-shedding Aliens he uses), and from what I remember the only really logical continuation from Aliens that was actually proposed in any of the scripts (not counting Twohy's, which starts unrelated).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed