Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 713,721 times)

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

There's plenty of that, for sure. I'll do some more digging and see if I can find anything.

SM

SM

Whedon is one of Resurrections biggest detractors.  If that dream idea was seriously floating around at any point I'm sure he would've aired it to make Fox look dumb.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Is there an SM-fanfic version of Alien 3 floating around on the interwebz somewhere?

SM

SM

Not on the interwebz, no.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

I think I remember it mentioned in the timeframe before Weaver signed on.

And I haven't found anything about it yet, but what the f**k is this IMDB trivia??

QuoteOriginally, the fourth alien movie was to be a rendition of the popular comic Aliens Vs. Predator, which combined the Alien creatures with Predator (1987) since 1991.

Paul Anderson was also approached to direct, but was unable to. Maybe that would've really torpedoed this mother early :laugh:

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

SM

SM

Quote from: RagingDragon on Feb 20, 2014, 05:41:07 AM
I think I remember it mentioned in the timeframe before Weaver signed on.

And I haven't found anything about it yet, but what the f**k is this IMDB trivia??

QuoteOriginally, the fourth alien movie was to be a rendition of the popular comic Aliens Vs. Predator, which combined the Alien creatures with Predator (1987) since 1991.

Paul Anderson was also approached to direct, but was unable to. Maybe that would've really torpedoed this mother early :laugh:

They're talking about Peter Briggs adaptation of the original AvP comic. If Anderson was approached it wouldn't have been until the mid-1990s.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: SM on Feb 20, 2014, 06:07:02 AM
They're talking about Peter Briggs adaptation of the original AvP comic. If Anderson was approached it wouldn't have been until the mid-1990s.

He was unable to due to filming Event Horizon.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: RagingDragon on Feb 20, 2014, 05:41:07 AMAnd I haven't found anything about it yet, but what the f**k is this IMDB trivia??

As others have said, that's probably referring to the original AVP script by Peter Briggs, which was written in the early 90s. His script is much more closely linked to the Alien films than what we ultimately got (being set in the future for one) which is probably why someone suggested it was going to be Alien 4.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

I honestly believe that there's no reason to believe that the egg was on the Sulaco.
Even the opening in the A3 Blu-Ray supports the idea that the Queen simply wasn't the only one that stowed away on the Dropship.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Feb 20, 2014, 04:04:56 PMI honestly believe that there's no reason to believe that the egg was on the Sulaco.
Except it says 'SULACO' quite clearly on the bulkhead the Egg is attached to...

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 20, 2014, 04:09:54 PM
Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Feb 20, 2014, 04:04:56 PMI honestly believe that there's no reason to believe that the egg was on the Sulaco.
Except it says 'SULACO' quite clearly on the bulkhead the Egg is attached to...

It could just as easily mean 'Sulaco' Dropship to me anyway.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Thing is, there would be no way Ripley would be so dumb not to search or more so scan the dropship or the entire ship for life forms for more stow aways after finding out the Queen hitched a ride. Dropship would be scanned inch by inch first and foremost before anything else

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: StrangeShape on Feb 20, 2014, 05:44:59 PM
Thing is, there would be no way Ripley would be so dumb not to search or more so scan the dropship or the entire ship for life forms for more stow aways after finding out the Queen hitched a ride. Dropship would be scanned inch by inch first and foremost before anything else

Considering the entirety of A3, looked like she fvcked up.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Feb 20, 2014, 05:56:47 PM
Quote from: StrangeShape on Feb 20, 2014, 05:44:59 PM

Considering the entirety of A3, looked like she fvcked up.

I love Alien 3 but it made her look like its her fault for absolute, complete idiocy. A3 showed that Sulacos computer could detect another life form on board. How or why on Earth she or even Bishop would NOT check the dropship if anything else hid in there, nevermind the whole ship before calling it a day

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed