Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 638,353 times)

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

The egg on board could have been placed there by either the Queen,a warrior or a synthetic (Bishop).No way a human could have come close enough to a egg without it deploying a face hugger.The Queen seems the most plausible suspect.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

I always thought there was only a couple of weeks between Aliens & Alien3 myself, problem is we have no idea what happened to the Sulaco after Aliens. We do know it would normally take the ship a few weeks (say 3 for sake of argument) to get back to Gateway, plus some believe (as I do), Fury 161 is situated somewhere between Earth and LV-426 anyway, just not in a direct line.  This kind of explains how the rescue team were able to get there within a week, so why would the Sulaco trip now take 2 years, and what was the alien doing during this time?  Did the Company really divert the ship from the start.... not for me, there was no need.  The debate goes on I guess.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

The Patna was launched when Burke had Bishop send a communication from the uplink tower during Aliens.

It intercepted the Sulaco after the EEV jettisoned, finding only the empty egg.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: RagingDragon on Dec 21, 2013, 08:17:34 AM
The Patna was launched when Burke had Bishop send a communication from the uplink tower during Aliens.

It intercepted the Sulaco after the EEV jettisoned, finding only the empty egg.

Burke had Bishop send a communication to the Sulaco to launch the second drop ship after they lost the first, it had nothing to do with the Patna, where do you get that from, source please?  Far as I know the Patna was launched when Superintendent Andrews requests a rescue team after an EEV is found with Ellen Ripley as the lone survivor. Show me something different and I might believe it!  ;)

Alien³

Alien³

This is a little piece called I've got some time to kill.

This is a theory of how the egg got on board the Sulaco.
I didn't come up with this theory but I have detailed it further.

Things to remember before reading:

• This only takes into account the Assembly Cut of Alien 3.
  • The writers of the film never included any of this.
  • Spoiler
    Life's too short.
    [close]

As the Queen leaves the hive after Ripley has destroyed it, one of the "Royal" facehuggers...

...climbs on her back.

As Ripley, Newt, and Bishop are attending Hicks in the dropship, before they walk out into this shot...

...the Queen lays an emergency egg on top of the Royal facehugger which then carries it off into the hull of the Sulaco. The Royal facehugger is built to carry eggs, like so...

(Egg size is debatable.)

...The only onscreen evidence for these Royal facehuggers carrying eggs is the fact that the eggs are placed all over the ground in the hive (seen in Aliens.)

I am aware that the drones/warriors can carry the eggs, but for the sake of argument these Royal facehuggers can also carry eggs in order to move them to more secretive locations, which is evident in the opening of Alien 3...

So the egg hatches and the facehugger from the egg...

(You can see it's not a Royal facehugger)

...impregnates Ripley causing the fire that ejects the EEV to Fiorina 161. Along for the ride is the Royal facehugger, which impregnates the Ox and is later found by Murphy.

This theory can also be backed up by the sound of the scuttling facehugger at the end of Aliens, after the credits.

For me personally this is how it went down.

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

So how did the hugger invert the egg above the floor?

Alien³

Alien³

Using the same secretions that glue people to the hive walls.

Or...

Spoiler
[close]

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

How is the Queen supposed to lay an egg aboard the Sulaco when she left her ruined egg sac inside the atmosphere processor?

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 11, 2014, 10:06:30 AM
How is the Queen supposed to lay an egg aboard the Sulaco when she left her ruined egg sac inside the atmosphere processor?

Some people are under the impression that an emergency egg is not beyond the Queen.

If you don't agree with that, then the Queen could have stored an egg on her back along with the Royal facehugger.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Alien³ on Jan 11, 2014, 12:33:39 AMFor me personally this is how it went down.

So two facehuggers, one egg and the royal facehugger doesn't implant hosts with queens?

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 11, 2014, 05:49:10 PM
Quote from: Alien³ on Jan 11, 2014, 12:33:39 AMFor me personally this is how it went down.

So two facehuggers, one egg and the royal facehugger doesn't implant hosts with queens?

Exactly. The Royal Facehugger probably could implant hosts with a Queen if it was the only surviving facehugger with no eggs left.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Legit theory.  Better than most.  I like mine better, but that's to be expected.  Nice work.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Is it wrong that I find the argument that "the queen can't lay eggs because it lost it's egg sac" strange?  Maybe that's the case with actual termite queens, I'm not sure.  But I always thought the queen would be able to lay eggs anyway, but the sac that is grown helps it manage the vast amount of eggs and keeps them from straight plopping to the ground.  At the end of Aliens, the emergency egg could have been laid and the queen just reached around and took it and placed it somewhere.

I like your explanation for the inconsistent facehuggers, Alien³, but I can't imagine the face hugger manipulating a large alien egg.  Maybe the emergency egg is smaller than a regular egg? Because it isn't made to last as long? Which is why the egg in Alien 3 opened without any provocation, in the active search for a host? I dunno.

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

I can't see a hugger carrying an egg on its back, unless it does so like a hermit crab, from inside dragging it with its legs.  Rolling it is more likely.  Or dragging with the tail. 

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kelgaard on Jan 11, 2014, 06:44:10 PM
I can't see a hugger carrying an egg on its back, unless it does so like a hermit crab, from inside dragging it with its legs.  Rolling it is more likely.  Or dragging with the tail.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed