Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 727,335 times)

SiL

SiL

Quotewhy would Bishop dangerously fly underneath the platform and not above it where he could clearly see Ripley?

Who said he didn't? Just because he rose up behind her doesn't mean he only went down.

At any rate, the egg in Alien 3 wasn't in the dropship, and there would be no time to fly to the Sulaco and back in the time it took Ripley to retrieve Newt.

Unless Bishop woke up while the others were asleep and dragged his ass to the dropship, retrieved the egg, dragged his ass back and managed to stick it to the ceiling, Bishop did not put the egg on the ship.

QuoteAlso, despite the fact that Bishop "SAID" he was wired to protect humans, he knowingly allowed 2 face huggers to survive at the company's orders.

Burke's orders, actually, and under the pretense that they would be used for further scientific study when back on Earth.

QuoteIt seems to me his primary objective was to ensure the survival of the xenomorph by any means necessary.

Hardly. Burke was the one trying to save the Aliens, not Bishop.

Burke was the one who ordered the huggers be kept alive and tried to get Ripley and Newt impregnated with them. For all we know Bishop may have terminated them, but he never got the opportunity because he had to go remote-pilot the dropship before he could complete his studies of the creatures.

Really, there's no evidence that Bishop was like Ash in any other way than him being a synthetic made by Weylan-Yutani.

SM

SM

Quotewhy would Bishop dangerously fly underneath the platform and not above it where he could clearly see Ripley?

What SiL said.  Once again he's flying around in an AP Station that it literally blowing itself to pieces around his ears.  There's be updrafts amd downdrafts all over the place.  Doubt a human could've done it.

QuoteAlso, despite the fact that Bishop "SAID" he was wired to protect humans, he knowingly allowed 2 face huggers to survive at the company's orders.

And again as SiL said - Burke ordered it.  Second law of robotics says he has to do what he's told by a human - and since the huggers haven't escaped stasis in the period between the colonists demise and the marines arrival, there's no reason they couldn't be safely transported to Earth and no violate the first law - but that's up to Burke and Ripley to work out.

Huggers in stasis does not equate to an unsecured egg.

QuoteIt seems to me his primary objective was to ensure the survival of the xenomorph by any means necessary.

Show me some actual evidence to that effect that doesn't rely on supposition and opinion.

Extroheal

Extroheal

We don't know what room the egg was in. It could've been on the dropship.

SiL

SiL

The dropship had three areas - The cockpit, the passage leading into it, and the main hold. The location of the egg looks completely dissimilar to any part of the dropship we see.

And seeing as A) The Alien takes up all of the door, wherein Alien 3 the place looks like an Alien could fit nicely and B) the corridor the egg is in looks rather long, we can rule out the dropship as the location of the egg.

SM

SM

I don't think you can rule the dropship out.  Not completely.  I've always maintained it's in the dropship superstructure - but that's unproveable.  Like every other 'egg on the Sulaco' theory

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: SM on Apr 19, 2007, 10:11:49 AM
I don't think you can rule the dropship out.  Not completely.  I've always maintained it's in the dropship superstructure - but that's unproveable.  Like every other 'egg on the Sulaco' theory

I ALWAYS thought it was on the dropship myself.

We never saw the inside of the landing leg section in A2.

crypto84

crypto84

A lot of fans have good ideas on how the egg got on the ship. Myabe the queen carried it on her back or something and left it in the dropship.

Its Game Time

Its Game Time

I used to think it was Bishop who did it but, after watching Aliens over and over again, i dont think he did it. But if it was the queen, how could she have done it? She would have had to sneak it on the dropship but i didnt see her holding the egg when she came out of the elevator. They should have explained how it got there.

SM

SM

It's either stuck between the spines on her back or she laid it during the flight to the Sulaco.

Grid Alien

Grid Alien

I think it was the queen

Grid Alien

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

It's funny that this debate rages all these years later.

And it will continue forever...because there is no answer.  Plain and simple.  Alien3 does not show exactly where the egg came from because even the filmmakers couldn't be bothered coming up with something.

It's not the dropship or the cargo bay, so the Queen is out.  Also, she seen was carrying no eggs, and she can't lay any new ones without her ovipositor.

And the egg is 'laid' upside down underneath a table or similar structure, which drops Bishop from the equation.

No answer.  Rest your weary head.  :)

SM

SM

QuoteIt's not the dropship or the cargo bay, so the Queen is out.  Also, she seen was carrying no eggs, and she can't lay any new ones without her ovipositor.

This is all speculative.

FACEBOX

FACEBOX

>:( FOX should release a whole hour & 1/2 movie, just to clarify this darn egg on Sulaco dilemma.

Hell... I can say, "the pixies did it", and no one will be able to disprove my theory.  ::)

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: SM on May 02, 2007, 04:41:40 AM
QuoteIt's not the dropship or the cargo bay, so the Queen is out.  Also, she seen was carrying no eggs, and she can't lay any new ones without her ovipositor.
This is all speculative.

Not all.  The room that the egg is seen in is not, and cannot be the landing gear.  That much is impossible.  And the Queen is seen full figure after emerging from said bay, so if she was ever carrying an egg, it could only be in the landing gear.  So she can't have left an egg in some heretofore unseen white room.

Granted, Fincher ignored the look and layout of the Sulaco almost completely, but there's no way that room is the landing gear of the dropship.

SiL

SiL

Fincher didn't ignore anything - The opening shots were done without him.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed