SM

Well she did seem pretty pissed.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Eva

Eva

Quote from: SM on Jul 16, 2013, 12:20:16 AM
Well she did seem pretty pissed.

No shit. She had probably just seen AvP:Requim and spontaneously produced an egg on the spot for the intention of wiping out our civilization, before we could do any more harm. Can we blame her?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

SM

SM

Well she apparently can't lay eggs without it, so she had to regenerate her genitalia or, indeed, 'requim'.

Eva

Eva

I really need to learn when to speak my mind or just shut up on this forum... :)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

That's okay.  Thanks to you, I think SM is softening up to my theory now.

So to speak.

Sgt. Apone

Sgt. Apone

Quote from: irn on Jul 14, 2013, 11:21:50 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 14, 2013, 01:06:10 AM
I'm still sticking to my theory that it started out as a small, premature egg that the queen dripped out of her gaping wound.

I can live with this one. In fact this is now part of my official personal in-head canon.

However, how about the egg was formed by the queen having some Prometheus black goo on her which dripped off and turned blood from the wounded Hicks into an egg...

And where'd the black goo come from?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

The X-Files.

SM

SM

The X-Onvaldez

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

The thing that bugs me most about the Sulaco egg is not so much that it's there, but that it's in some completely obscure part of the ship. If they had put it in the dropship's landing gear I could've at least accepted that maybe the Queen carried it aboard (she does have four arms after all) and stuck it in there before attacking Bishop.

Of course, that still doesn't explain how she could've done that when we clearly see she isn't carrying anything as she leaves the elevator inside the atmosphere processor, but it's a retcon with at least a shred of believability. Or at least a shred more than the Alien 3 we ultimately got. Then again, an egg in the dropship landing gear would also beg the question how neither the Sulaco's computer nor Ripely and the others managed not to realise it was there, given they were hanging around right next to it

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I'd assume that the Sulaco's computer relies on video cameras and motion trackers versus some kind of nebulous all-seeing Star Trek sensor gear.  Therefore, the presence of an alien on board would go undetected until the egg hatched and the facehugger actually started moving around.

SM

SM

Yup.

Vague 'sensor sweeps' aren't really an Alien thing.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, my point was more that if I'd just had a huge smackdown with a giant alien matriarch that had come out of the dropship's underbelly, I'd be inclined to have a poke around to check there weren't any more before I tucked myself into bed.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

If it was just globs of lumpy goo that took days or weeks to form into an egg, it could have easily gone unnoticed during the search that so many fans insist Ripley must have performed before hitting the hay.

I sense I'm gaining traction.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed