Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 641,266 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: DerelictShip on Jun 28, 2013, 12:18:54 PM
Quote from: SM on Jun 28, 2013, 04:06:54 AM
Bishop has no motive or opportunity.

Dude, HE IS WORKING IN THE LAB ON FACEHUGGERS THE WHOLE MOVIE UNTIL THE END, god knows what else he found in there! Also when they had to leave newt and ripley for a few minutes, how the hell do we know he didnt stow an egg away in the dropship!

This forum need a bot that replies to posts like the one above with the appropriate SMism.

SM

SM

Quote from: SM on Jun 28, 2013, 04:06:54 AM
Bishop has no motive or opportunity.

Dude, HE IS WORKING IN THE LAB ON FACEHUGGERS THE WHOLE MOVIE UNTIL THE END, god knows what else he found in there! Also when they had to leave newt and ripley for a few minutes, how the hell do we know he didnt stow an egg away in the dropship!

Because movie.

Vermillion

Vermillion

SM is useless. He is really a Troll spurting his biased opinion. 

His Bishop quote is the red herring to make you think he's a good bot, but he really has his own programmed agenda.

Anyway, maybe it was royal jelly.   The stupidest term ever.

SM

SM

More amusing and predictably pointless drivel from someone posting on a forum about movies he's never actually seen.

SiL

SiL

Dude, HE IS WORKING IN THE LAB ON FACEHUGGERS THE WHOLE MOVIE UNTIL THE END,
Dead ones.

Quotegod knows what else he found in there!
In where? The labs? There weren't any eggs.

QuoteAlso when they had to leave newt and ripley for a few minutes, how the hell do we know he didnt stow an egg away in the dropship!
Because we saw the egg chamber in the movie. Ripley was walking right through it. And she torched it when she left.

DerelictShip

DerelictShip

Dead ones.

There was one live facehugger you see when they first enter the lab

In where? The labs? There weren't any eggs.

How are you sure, they never showed us everything in the lab, and all the facehuggers in jars had to have been extracted from the eggs, which means they must have brought some back.

Because we saw the egg chamber in the movie. Ripley was walking right through it. And she torched it when she left.
[/quote]

Not all the eggs were in there, based on what I know, some aliens carry eggs throughout the hive to cover a broader range of the hive.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: DerelictShip on Jun 28, 2013, 10:51:28 PM
Not all the eggs were in there, based on what I know, some aliens carry eggs throughout the hive to cover a broader range of the hive.

I would like to know more.

Vermillion

Vermillion

For example, the egg in front of Newt was not in the egg chamber around the Queen.

SM, give it a rest.

DerelictShip

DerelictShip

I would like to know more.
[/quote]

From my knowledge there are drones that carry eggs to infect more people around the hive, however, we only see warriors in Aliens so this must mean that either the warriors were carrying eggs in different spots or somebody else was.

SM

SM

QuoteThere was one live facehugger you see when they first enter the lab

There were two.  Both were shot when they attacked Ripley and Newt.

How are you sure, they never showed us everything in the lab, and all the facehuggers in jars had to have been extracted from the eggs, which means they must have brought some back.

No it doesn't.  We don't know how they got the live ones.

From my knowledge there are drones that carry eggs to infect more people around the hive, however, we only see warriors in Aliens so this must mean that either the warriors were carrying eggs in different spots or somebody else was.

The Aliens carry the egg to the host.  We never see any unopened eggs lying around the hive - just open ones.  All the unopened ones are in the Queen's chamber.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: DerelictShip on Jun 28, 2013, 10:51:28 PM
There was one live facehugger you see when they first enter the lab
Bishop wasn't studying it.

Quote from: SM on Jun 28, 2013, 11:26:32 PM
No it doesn't.  We don't know how they got the live ones.
Same way they got the dead ones -- off of colonist's faces.

SM

SM

Entirely likely.  Or they snagged one at some point before it tagged someone.

DerelictShip

DerelictShip

Dang SM, wait to shoot me down....

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

That's what the SM bot does.

stephen

stephen

While I don't think Bishop did it at all I will play devils advocate regarding a few things:

SM mentioned that Bishop has no motiviation  which was defused with the comment that orders is motivation enough.

Secondly someone (I think Sil) argued that Bishop couldn't have had those kinds of orders because of "it is impossible for to harm or by an ommission of action allow to be harmed a human being" - I'd also argue that programming could get around that easily enough.  Humans lie, I'm sure a human in control of a sophisticated piece of machinery like an Andriod could make it lie as well.

As for the Opportunity - that's a whole other issue.

Bottom line for me is that Bishop didn't do it as there is NOTHING in the film to suggest he did it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed