SM

nuh COLONial mareins lol

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I hear Gearbox is making A:CM to fit seamlessly with A:I.  :laugh:

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: RaisingCane on Oct 23, 2012, 11:56:16 PM
The only thing I can't explain is the different cryotubes.
Fincher preferred the Alien design tubes.

Oh, in-universe? Uh ... pass!  ;D

enyapneb

enyapneb

If you watch the DC Alien 3 you will see the prisoner holds a larger face hugger (queen) which I read could lay 2x eggs. One would be a drone the other a queen.

The non Alien 3 DC shows the face hugger in the ship and the evac pod - it gives the impression that hugger can lay twice, rip then the dog.

echobbase79

echobbase79

I've always wondered could the movie play just fine without that opening scene and just start on the prison planet with Clemons walking on the beach.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I don't see why not but then everyone would be complaining why they didn't show what happened. :P

SM

SM

You'd need some sort of explanation.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Wouldn't the scene where Ripley learns what happened from Bishop be enough?

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Well I suppose it would be kind of like cutting the facehugger attack on Ripley and Newt and then having them lynch burk.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SM on Oct 27, 2012, 04:12:54 AM
You'd need some sort of explanation.
I think talking to Bishop would fill the gap fine. Ward's script had plenty of issues, but not showing what went down on the Sulaco wasn't really one of them. The big issue of the egg on the ship isn't so much its existence as its placement, and the confusion as to whether it's one impregnating two hosts or two huggers. Remove the opening sequence, have Ripley ask "Was there an Alien on board", keep the Super Facehugger -- I reckon most of your problems would be fixed.

Not in the neatest way, but better to have vague hand waving and let the audience figure it all out, than try to show what's going on, and just make a mess of it. IMO, anyway.

Vermillion

Vermillion

...Alien 3 and 4 turn out to be the dream Ripley had in her Cryo-tube on her return journey to Gateway station.

Ripley wakes in tube...

...roll credits of A:CM....

Exterior shot of Gateway, Sulaco orbiting dark earth...

Hicks voice over begins......

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

...Alien turns out to be a dream Ripley had on the Nostromo on the way back to Earth.

Ripley wakes in tube...

...roll credits of Ripley's Adventure Home...

Exterior shot of Nostromo, headed towards Earth...

Ripley voice over begins...

;)

SM

SM

QuoteI think talking to Bishop would fill the gap fine.

Yeah that would probably work come to think of it.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Quote from: Valaquen on Oct 24, 2012, 05:34:01 AMFincher preferred the Alien design tubes.

Which I think was a bullshit move after Cameron stuck to Scott's design sense and slowly moved to something more his style. The first time you see the Sulaco in Aliens is when it really becomes his movie visually.

stephen

stephen

Quote from: Gilfryd on Oct 29, 2012, 12:06:24 AM
Quote from: Valaquen on Oct 24, 2012, 05:34:01 AMFincher preferred the Alien design tubes.

Which I think was a bullshit move after Cameron stuck to Scott's design sense and slowly moved to something more his style. The first time you see the Sulaco in Aliens is when it really becomes his movie visually.

I agree.

I'm all for filmmakers putting their creative stamp on their film - but if you're making a sequel then i hate it when they disregard certain aspects.  Like that whole cyrotube thing.  I just think that's silly.

I happen to think that there is an artform to creating a sequel.  I think Cameron is a master at it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed