SM

SM

Dropship is the only place it can be.

stephen

stephen

Quote from: SM on Sep 27, 2012, 03:18:10 AM
Dropship is the only place it can be.

Some say.

But it looks like it is nowhere near the dropship.

SM

SM

Hence "dreamlike distorion of actual events".

stephen

stephen

So, if we take for grantede the "dreamlike distortion of actual events" there are things that still need to be explained.

1. There were two aliens.
2. From Ripley's experience - one egg = one facehugger = one alien.
3. In order to account for the two aliens, we have to assume one of a few possible scenarios:
    * The queen laid two eggs on the dropship.
    * The queen laid one egg on the drop ship but the resulting facehugger can impregnate two hosts - one with a queen.
    * The queen laid one egg and there was another facehugger already on board - perhaps brought on board with the queen.

So even taking into account the dreamlike state, assumptions and theories still need to be put forth to explain what happened.

SM

SM

This one works for me:
Quote* The queen laid one egg on the drop ship but the resulting facehugger can impregnate two hosts - one with a queen.

stephen

stephen

Quote from: SM on Sep 27, 2012, 03:33:01 AM
This one works for me:
Quote* The queen laid one egg on the drop ship but the resulting facehugger can impregnate two hosts - one with a queen.

Well sure - but I suppose it's like you said, it's a theory that holds no more water then any other.

EDIT:

Sorry, I didn't mean any disrespect - the point I was making was that no matter what theory is put forward - given what we know from the film - they're all in the same boat - assumptions.

SM

SM

Yeah, it does.  When Ripley quizzes Bishop about the flight recorder they only talk about a single Alien.  Not plural.

stephen

stephen

Quote from: SM on Sep 27, 2012, 03:36:24 AM
Yeah, it does.  When Ripley quizzes Bishop about the flight recorder they only talk about a single Alien.  Not plural.

We've been over that.

SM

SM

Did we?
I've talked about so many times in the last 15 years that I lose track.
Either way it points to single Alien ergo "The queen laid one egg on the drop ship but the resulting facehugger can impregnate two hosts - one with a queen."

stephen

stephen

Quote from: SM on Sep 27, 2012, 03:54:07 AM
Did we?
I've talked about so many times in the last 15 years that I lose track.
Either way it points to single Alien ergo "The queen laid one egg on the drop ship but the resulting facehugger can impregnate two hosts - one with a queen."

We did.

The conclusion I came to (though I think you disagreed) was that I was assuming certain things from that scene and you were assuming certain things from that scene - naturally they were different.

While I accept your premise, I still believe that yours is just as full of assumptions as mine or anyone else's.

SM

SM

I try to avoid assumptions as much as possible and clearly state when I don't.

stephen

stephen

And that's where we ended our last conversation.

I disagreed with you that you were not making assumptions.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I had this same conversation 20 years ago on Prodigy.  ;D

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Quote from: Gilfryd on Sep 27, 2012, 02:29:44 AM
Quote from: SM on Sep 27, 2012, 01:38:33 AMAC - two huggers - one in opening titles; another that Murphy finds dead.  Or there's one that grew spiky bits and armour plating after nailing Ripley.

I think the one in the credits was supposed to be the superhugger, but they filmed the scene after deciding it would get the dog intead so they went with a normal one. This is messed up in the assembly when they inserted one of the inmates finding the webbed super one.

That webbed one is a queen hugger though? Cos i know that thing was huge.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Sep 27, 2012, 04:40:02 AM
I try to avoid assumptions as much as possible and clearly state when I don't.

Has anyone ever assumed that maybe the egg contained two facehuggers?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed