Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 713,072 times)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: The Xenoborg on Dec 27, 2011, 11:31:12 PM
The movie tells us, that he didn't say anything like that.
That king of logic is what allows sequels to fill in the blanks. So now we're back at magic.  ;D

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

I think there was another Alien behind this.

Gunflyer

Gunflyer

Quote from: The Xenoborg on Dec 27, 2011, 11:37:51 PM
Or maybe Alien 3 is the Highlander 2 of the Alien series...

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: Gunflyer on Dec 27, 2011, 11:41:39 PM
Quote from: The Xenoborg on Dec 27, 2011, 11:37:51 PM
Or maybe Alien 3 is the Highlander 2 of the Alien series...

Now you're going way too far out of line :P . Alien3 is a great movie. I seriously don't get all the negativity around this movie. Yeah the whole production was kind of a hell itself. However this gives the movie a big behind the scenes story. Also the killing of certain characters sets the dark tone. In the alien universe there is no happy ending :laugh: I loved the whole darkish mood in alien3.

Gunflyer

Gunflyer

Quote from: Snowdog on Dec 27, 2011, 11:46:55 PM
However this gives the movie a big behind
;D

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Alien 3 was a good movie. Finch shouldn't be so depressed about it. However would it have killed them to take 5 minutes to explain how an egg got on board. Bishop should have just admitted that Burk order him to do it. Once a bot always a bot. ;D

mastermoon

mastermoon

It's so confusing how that egg got there in the first place, they did not explain how it was put in that spot?.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: mastermoon on Dec 28, 2011, 12:47:56 AM
It's so confusing how that egg got there in the first place, they did not explain how it was put in that spot?.
That was finchy slapping fox in the face and giving all of us something to talk about for all eternity.

However they're at least a dozen perfectly plausible ways the egg got there. The most logical is that bishop did it or the queen had it. It's just that too many will only accept the one that is put to screen. Meaning we just have to pick one and be happy.

I say bishop did it. He didn't circle around, the damn drop ship could hover perfectly fine. He knocked hicks the f**k out and headed straight for the derelict. Got TWO eggs and hurried his synthetic ass back to the atmospheric processing facility and thought holy shit she's alive. I mean come on there is no way Ripley, a mere human, should have made it back. That was exactly what Bishop was thinking. Upon which the company (Burk's) primary programming kicked in and that was to bring back the alien. Did anyone check burk's luggage? I bet he had a discontinued Ash in the closet.

edit: that or he traced burks id chip, since in the DC burk is seen alive and grabbed a couple of unburnt eggs. That would explain why the ship came up from BELOW the platform.  ;D

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

There should be plenty of people who should have known the answer to WHERE the egg was. For one, the set designer, the people who did the set and people who shot it

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: StrangeShape on Dec 28, 2011, 01:06:17 AM
There should be plenty of people who should have known the answer to WHERE the egg was. For one, the set designer, the people who did the set and people who shot it
Not really. They only do what ever the hell the company orders them to do.

I think the biggest problem is that for whatever reason people, like me, wanted the happy ending. However the entire point of the Alien Franchise is that you are totally f**ked when you run into the species. Bishop stabbing Ripley in the back jives perfectly well here. The very same as killing off hicks and newt in the beginning.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Yeah but people who designed the place where the egg was had to know what theyre designing

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: StrangeShape on Dec 28, 2011, 01:17:33 AM
Yeah but people who designed the place where the egg was had to know what theyre designing
Might as well look up the ships schematics. I think they do exist on line. Be easier than tracking down a set designer.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 28, 2011, 01:30:39 AM
Quote from: StrangeShape on Dec 28, 2011, 01:17:33 AM
Might as well look up the ships schematics. I think they do exist on line. Be easier than tracking down a set designer.

But thats the problem. NOTHING in Sulaco resembles the room where the egg is

Gunflyer

Gunflyer

Quote from: Snowdog on Dec 27, 2011, 11:46:55 PM
Now you're going way too far out of line :P . Alien3 is a great movie.
i don't think so... see, Newt died not to further the dramatic purpose of Alien 3, but solely for pathos. Hick's dying was for the same reason. Their deaths meant nothing and did not occur organically, it felt more like the result of contract negotiations that fell apart, and at the last minute they said "well, we can't get the people who played Hicks or Newt, so let's just kill them.".

That's pathetic. That's why it feels like Alien 3 pissed all over everything, but more specifically, what the fans consider to be the finest entry in the series.

SM

SM

Quote from: StrangeShape on Dec 28, 2011, 01:06:17 AM

It's on the Sulaco.  End of.

QuoteHowever they're at least a dozen perfectly plausible ways the egg got there.

There are many explanations.  None hold any water.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed