Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 712,248 times)

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: SM on Jun 06, 2011, 06:10:38 AM
Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Jun 06, 2011, 05:23:15 AM
Quote from: SM on Jun 05, 2011, 09:25:35 PM
How can they 'work' if they're insane and insulting?  Any theory that actually worked would be the exact opposite.

Then no theory works. Easy correction.

Not 100%.

Well I actually agree with you here. I'm not saying there's any way to be sure. I'm just saying that as long as there is the potential for stories between Alien and Aliens, especially ones that further address the attempt to make contact with the Derelict, that there is the potential to explain that egg. That's all. Just saying the potential is there.

SM

SM

I don't see how events in between Alien and Aliens culminate in an egg on the Sulaco.

stephen

stephen

I agree with SM.

I've also stated my theory on the egg before.

Someone else made a comment regarding what people think the film makers intended in making alien 3 in relation to the egg.

Let me be clear: I in no way believe that my theory is what the film makers intended.  The film makers intended something quite different.  And given the production problems of Alien 3 - the egg on the sulaco was a plot device pure and simple.

However, I am a fan of the franchise.  So much so I've written fan fiction.  I grew up with these films.  I LIKE trying to explain plot holes.  Call it a hobby.

To date, I have yet to see a theory about the egg that is PLAUSIBLE apart from my own.  Correction, there's probably one more theory.  Forgive me if i sound conceited because reading this back I even sound conceited to myself.

So out of all the theories that have come and gone, i've only known of 2 that are halfway plausible.  The rest are just too far fetched.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

I think the egg teleported itself or was teleported there if the queen didn't bring it aboard physically

OWLF

OWLF

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Jun 08, 2011, 10:33:57 AM
I think the egg teleported itself or was teleported there if the queen didn't bring it aboard physically
...Or maybe it walked there...

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
All Fox's horses and all the Fox's men,
Couldn't put Alien^3 together again.

OWLF

OWLF

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Jun 08, 2011, 04:52:56 PM
Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
All Fox's horses and all the Fox's men,
Couldn't put Alien^3 together again.

Excellent!! Simply Excellent!! You nailed it Sticks!!  :laugh:

Mus

Mus

Who decided Humpty Dumpty is an egg anyway? It's never mentioned in the rhyme. Could've been a little child. Certainly puts a sinister twist on the story.

Basher917

Basher917

Quote from: Mus on Jun 08, 2011, 06:52:52 PM
Who decided Humpty Dumpty is an egg anyway? It's never mentioned in the rhyme. Could've been a little child. Certainly puts a sinister twist on the story.

....and the parents were in a pile of $**t without life insurance covering that deadbeat's smashed A**

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

I think were talking about the wrong egg now (or presumed egg, w.e).

So meanwhile on the Sulaco...

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Well, my theory has always been that the quen laid an egg in the dropship so now one had seen her doing so, and then the suction from the opened bay sucked it up and made it stuck somewhere in this awkward position. Still, that doesnt explain why it was found afterwards. Theres no possible way in hell both Ripley and Bishop wouldve been completely stupid to not to check or scan the dropship and the ship for any more hidden aliens when Queen got in. Not a chance in life

Dowly

Dowly

^
Unless the egg was heavy as hell, I don't see how it could've gone anywhere but towards the airlock and as already pointed out earlier, there's no structures near the airlock but the dropship.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jun 10, 2011, 07:24:39 AM
Well, my theory has always been that the quen laid an egg in the dropship so now one had seen her doing so, and then the suction from the opened bay sucked it up and made it stuck somewhere in this awkward position. Still, that doesnt explain why it was found afterwards. Theres no possible way in hell both Ripley and Bishop wouldve been completely stupid to not to check or scan the dropship and the ship for any more hidden aliens when Queen got in. Not a chance in life
I also find it weird that the facehugger walked from the docking bay to the cryotubes, possibly opening every door on the way.

Alien 3 ... like, whatever, man.

Vakarian

Vakarian

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 10, 2011, 12:37:06 PM
I also find it weird that the facehugger walked from the docking bay to the cryotubes, possibly opening every door on the way.

Might have gone through some sort of ventilation system?

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Sierra on Jun 10, 2011, 12:42:23 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 10, 2011, 12:37:06 PM

Might have gone through some sort of ventilation system?
Just can't see it prising away duct covers and such. There's more outlandish stuff in that intro, anyway. Like the whole thing :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed