Why do people hate Alien3?

Started by Basher917, Oct 30, 2011, 05:06:06 PM

Author
Why do people hate Alien3? (Read 237,636 times)

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Her hands looked completely free when she got out of the elevator. I know some people think she put one on her back, but... Not exactly practical (not even sure she'd be able to reach around with those arms, either).

As for the egg sack accelerating anything, we see what the eggs look like inside it when Ripley shoots it open. They're at very primitive stages of development. At the slow rate she's laying them, it looks like it would take a long while for them to 'mature'.

It's OK to hand-wave it away, because that's the only way 'Alien 3' can possibly work, but it's still pretty much an anomaly, logic-wise.

SM

SM

Why isn't it "practical"?  She's protecting the egg with her body, thereby having a good chance of perpetuating her species since she doesn't have an egg sac any more AND leaving both arms free.  Well, all four really.

If you wanted to go further into areas that Cameron never considered or intended - the Queen rescuing an egg mirrors Ripley rescuing Newt.

stephen

stephen

Quote from: SM on May 08, 2014, 12:56:31 AM
If you wanted to go further into areas that Cameron never considered or intended - the Queen rescuing an egg mirrors Ripley rescuing Newt.

It could also be at that point that the queen realises the predicament and takes off after Ripley, with egg, specifically in order to get out of the place.  Maybe the queen could have seen Ripley as an ideal way for the queen to escape.

Assuming there is intelligence there, the queen could have been "playing" ripley, making Ripley run, so the queen could follow her, the queen realising that Ripley is her escape route.

food for thought.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The easiest way to do it wooed have been to just have more eggs discovered elsewhere, but the writers of A3 just had to set it immediately after Aliens. Seriously, what was the point of that?

PsyKore

PsyKore

If we'd never seen the egg up the wall, then it's plausible some huggers could have come up with the Queen. I never understand why they didn't just do that.

It's been noted before that the opening sequence could be more from Ripley's mind as she's in a dream state, and the snapshots are pictures her mind are inferring from the sounds she's hearing around her. I kinda like that explanation.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Why isn't it "practical"?  She's protecting the egg with her body, thereby having a good chance of perpetuating her species since she doesn't have an egg sac any more AND leaving both arms free.  Well, all four really.

We never see her pick up the egg and carry it with her. When would she have done this?

SM

SM

Quote from: stephen on May 08, 2014, 04:09:44 AM

It could also be at that point that the queen realises the predicament and takes off after Ripley, with egg, specifically in order to get out of the place.  Maybe the queen could have seen Ripley as an ideal way for the queen to escape.

Assuming there is intelligence there, the queen could have been "playing" ripley, making Ripley run, so the queen could follow her, the queen realising that Ripley is her escape route.

food for thought.

Nah.  If there was real intelligence she woulda legged it four hours earlier.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Oh lets just settle this once and for all. Alien Queen farts spores that turn into eggs on the go. WHAT YOU SAY?  :laugh:

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

That's actually not unlike a theory of mine.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

The one about Bishop's legs morphing into an egg?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

No, the one about the queen oozing out a glob of goo that congealed in the subflooring of the hangar bay and then grew into the egg we saw.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Mmm... I'd rather go with the Bishop legs theorem personally. Wasn't there something like that in one of the Gibson drafts?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

If you want to involve Bishop's legs, I guess you could say that one of the egg's root tendrils reached back up to the hangar bay floor and "fed" off of them.  In Gibson's script, the egg grew out of Bishop's upper body inside his cryotube.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Just re-read Gibson's first draft introduction and you're correct. Wonder how that was possible? Did her tail somehow infect him or did he smuggle some form of alien tissue or DNA up with him inside his body?

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I think it was somewhat implied by Gibson that both synthetics and Aliens were artificial creatures.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed