Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 638,609 times)

SpaceKase

SpaceKase

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 08, 2020, 11:35:44 AM
Seems like humanity got only so far and not much further. I'm starting to wonder if the company just owns everything.

"Weyland Yutani Corporation: We Own Everything"

Don't be ridiculous, Huggs. Everyone knows that Disney owns everything.

Kradan

Kradan

Even you. And Huggs. And me

Huggs

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: son_of_kane on Aug 08, 2020, 04:36:48 PMAlso, with Hicks incapacitated, I assume Ripley was granted access to all the authority to execute commands.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 25, 2014, 02:21:45 AM
In my head canon, Bishop suggested to her that he could hack into the ship's computer and "promote her" to a USCM lieutenant.  This would in turn grant her the authority to arm and launch the Sulaco's nukes.  ;D

This missing scene would have the added benefit of providing a clear explanation as to why she's suddenly "Leftenant Ripley" in Alien 3.

Huggs

Huggs

Are you suggesting Bishop did something with her underwear?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

The ship would naturally print her a new set of undies too.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 09, 2020, 12:26:03 AM
The ship would naturally print her a new set of undies too.

Perks of the job eh?

judge death

judge death

Quote from: son_of_kane on Aug 08, 2020, 04:36:48 PM
Quote from: judge death on Aug 08, 2020, 06:19:10 AM
All these ideas of Riley doing a scan and use the sulacos systems: I doubt she knew how all those systems work or how to do a scan, she isnt military but civilian and advicor on the mission and I highly doubt all the tech onboard are opened for anyone to use, minimum codes for the higher operations would been needed and then one also need to know what one is doing and what commands to press etc. Hell some people today struggles when using an iphone vs samsung in the menu....
And bishop was probably deactivated or barely working after the damage and hicks is out too so have a feeling ripley just focused on doing visual checks and then making everyone ready for the home trip and after all that they went through, they might not be thinking 100% straight either.

But thats my own theory on it :P

I think Ripley familiarised herself with quite a lot of the Sulaco's capabilities and systems prior to the mission. She knew the ship could nuke a site from orbit with a high degree of accuracy, a plain civilian probably wouldn't know that. She also knew how to operate the medical scanner on the EEV. Also, with Hicks incapacitated, I assume Ripley was granted access to all the authority to execute commands.
Thats the only way I can see ripley doing all scans etc: hicks or bishop gives her the codes to be able to log on into all systems and program sulaco, and if the computer systems are like the ones from the 80s and heck we have at my job which is pre dos: one need to have a sheet that shows all commands like:
After you log in, you need to put in a code to get to the settings page like: crtl + a
From there you can start the desired program but once inside you need to put in a code for each page like for a ship:
ctrl+C to get to current readings, then to get to a different page like thrusters: ctrl+G. and the program/hud dont show any codes just the page you put int he code to get to.
Unless you either know the codes by memory or have that sheet with all codes for each page, then not even a computer expert can do anything but to press random keys.
ahhh the good old 80s programs :P Always works but so tricky and slow to use. Nothing like todays windows or mac computers :P

But they might have easier to use systems than what I described, and then as I said: it shouldnt be a problem for ripley to figure out and use, as long as she have the required passwords etc.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

For the love of God, can we please get some consensus up in here?!  >:(

Kradan

Kradan

I have it right here for you:

Spoiler
Egg somehow ended up on board of Sulaco so masterpiece known as Alien 3 could happen. Period
[close]

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Your caginess makes me suspect UPP involvement.

Spoiler
Товарищ.
[close]

Kradan

Kradan

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 22, 2020, 07:36:26 AM
For the love of God, can we please get some consensus up in here?!  >:(
There was an egg on board. It was with them all the way.

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

The Queen dropped the eggs on the Sulaco. It's pretty obvious.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Do you know what you have done?    :o

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed