Author
SOPA strike (Read 37,878 times)

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

www.Sopastrike.com
I doubt it will do anything but its worth a try

evolution_rex

evolution_rex

I'm one of the very few people who are for SOPA.

I think everyone is bad becuase they don't want to have to actually pay for their music. All the "it's against the first amendment!" shit is just false. The bill has nothing to do with that. All it's trying to do is to stop people from stealing copyrights. I'm not saying that the SOPA isn't without faults, but a lot of people have taken it out of context. Way out of context.

However, I'm not going to debate. Just wanted to have my say.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

From what I've seen that SOPA will have anyone that uses something copyrighted will be put into jail for five years. So people who make movie and game reviews for fun can put into jail. I never liked the bill for SOPA in the first place and glad that Obama is against it.

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

People who make AMVS will suffer the same fate

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

I wonder if using copyrighted characters for sigs and shit is covered by this..if so we're all f**ked here.

Lie

Lie

I don't care, either way I don't think it's not going to change anything in the long hall.

Quote from: Predator Queen on Jan 14, 2012, 03:20:47 AM
People who make AMVS will suffer the same fate

Quote from: Deathbearer on Jan 14, 2012, 03:43:44 AM
I wonder if using copyrighted characters for sigs and shit is covered by this..if so we're all f**ked here.

I really don't think it'll go that far, there is no point panicking about it.

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

It never hurts to think about how bad this could get, therefore when it happens nobody will be surprised.

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: Lie on Jan 14, 2012, 03:53:04 AM

it can go as far as copyright owners are willing to.

...which means nothing short of f**king ridiculous.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jan 14, 2012, 03:55:51 AM

it can go as far as copyright owners are willing to.

...which means nothing short of f**king ridiculous.

Thats the fun thing about legislation, you have to examine the full ramifications.  A bill can say one thing, but the text can include things that can be ridiculous if they actually happen.  That's why the Patriot Act is so hated, it hasn't really had much of an effect on normal citizens, but what it allows in the text of the bill is insane.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

What about eviewers that review movies and games for fun? When you are watching a review, it's like you are watching the full movie or playing the full game. Reviews do tend have people go play or watch the movie that the person review which is a good thing.

Ghostface

Ghostface

I'm against SOPA because I like to pirate shit. Aaarrrrr.

The Golden Fox

The Golden Fox

I hope you guys aren't all taking this lightly. This entire site could be crippled if SOPA passes, not to even mention the wider implications on the Internet as a whole.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I'm against it. The internet isn't something to be governed by any government of a nation. It should be considered 'international waters'.

I actually watched a documentry about "What if the Nazis won WW2?". When the internet came along the Nazies got idea to govern the internet with their laws, it was their ultimate undoing.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

I'm very much against it. As explained by this:

Which is true by the way.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I hate SOPA as well, it seems like they just want things to be like before the Internet was made. People will still find ways to download things legally since they will just type in the IP address in the URL bar but the good thing is that SOPA is dead for now.

http://techpresident.com/news/21627/are-pipa-and-sopa-dead-white-house-issues-strong-declaration-against-its-key-provisions

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed