The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon

Started by Perfect-Organism, Nov 18, 2014, 10:44:01 PM

Author
The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon (Read 236,077 times)

The Alien Predator

Oh yeah, I remember that now. And Durante said "I scare easily." XD

Ultramorph

I'm really looking forward to
Spoiler
seeing more of that Predator research station in Book 3. Lebbon will probably introduce some cool Predator tech.
[close]

The Alien Predator

I am also really looking forward to it as well!

And what happens to
Spoiler
Lilliya and Hashori next. So exciting. Also how the Yautja interact with the citizens of Hell.
[close]

Ultramorph

Quote from: The Alien Predator on May 10, 2016, 04:59:41 PM

And what happens to
Spoiler
Lilliya and Hashori next. So exciting. Also how the Yautja interact with the citizens of Hell.
[close]

I'm also looking forward to what happens with
Spoiler
the Faze. They way the survivors on the Othello were afraid of it, it seems like Lebbon might be setting it up to have a more villainous role in the last book. It's cool how the Rage are using it to super power that drop-hole so they can get right to Earth from the Outer Rim. As always, I still have my fingers crossed that maybe a dog-alien or two shows up, but I'm not really expecting it.
[close]

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Ultramorph on May 10, 2016, 05:04:25 PM
Quote from: The Alien Predator on May 10, 2016, 04:59:41 PM

And what happens to
Spoiler
[close]

I'm also looking forward to what happens with
Spoiler
the Faze. They way the survivors on the Othello were afraid of it, it seems like Lebbon might be setting it up to have a more villainous role in the last book. It's cool how the Rage are using it to super power that drop-hole so they can get right to Earth from the Outer Rim. As always, I still have my fingers crossed that maybe a dog-alien or two shows up, but I'm not really expecting it.
[close]

Maybe Lebbon might be going back to
Spoiler
the original idea of there being an alien race invading.

Only he made it seem like it was humans, when it could've been the Faze all along.

I'm also hoping to see a Dog-Alien or two... or an Arcturian although Lebbon said they won't be showing up. But perhaps in some future book...
[close]

RakaiThwei

I know the multiverse thing was brought up again in one line in this book cause someone told me... Hopefully in the next one, it will be explored exactly HOW the Founders had experimented with such things rather than it be a throw away line.  ::)

Ultramorph

That would be quite a twist if
Spoiler
it turned out that the Faze was manipulating Maloney and the Rage all along, and it was all just a smokescreen for the dog-aliens to invade.
[close]

The Alien Predator

Imagine if
Spoiler
the Faze was actually pretending to be a dumb biomechanical slug.

I doubt something simple and dumb could build biomechanical warp-30 ships with shields, modify completely alien tech and improve upon it, as well as track people like Liliya across many lightyears.

Plus I love how it built the Watcher in self defence, as if it knew Liliya's violent intentions, or as a response to her actions after she escapes.

So it's probably been purposely ignoring the Founder's communication attempts in the past. It may have just played along.

For all we know, maybe the Faze was responsible for the downfall of the Dog-Aliens... notice how they were untouched by the Xenomorphs whereas their masters got wiped out?

Do we even know if the Dog-Aliens actually built the Faze? Or found them and implemented them just like the Founders?
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: RakaiThwei on May 10, 2016, 05:59:28 PM
I know the multiverse thing was brought up again in one line in this book cause someone told me... Hopefully in the next one, it will be explored exactly HOW the Founders had experimented with such things rather than it be a throw away line.  ::)

That's not the point of the comment. It's to show how advanced they have become. It's not a focus.

Quote from: The Alien Predator on May 10, 2016, 07:14:13 PM
Imagine if
Spoiler

I doubt something simple and dumb could build biomechanical warp-30 ships with shields, modify completely alien tech and improve upon it, as well as track people like Liliya across many lightyears.

Plus I love how it built the Watcher in self defence, as if it knew Liliya's violent intentions, or as a response to her actions after she escapes.

So it's probably been purposely ignoring the Founder's communication attempts in the past. It may have just played along.

For all we know, maybe the Faze was responsible for the downfall of the Dog-Aliens... notice how they were untouched by the Xenomorphs whereas their masters got wiped out?

Do we even know if the Dog-Aliens actually built the Faze? Or found them and implemented them just like the Founders?
[close]

It's still not clear if
Spoiler
the Dog-aliens are the masters. It was implied that they might be some sort of created or servant species.
[close]

TheBATMAN

This is just Mass Effect with xenomorphs and The Rage instead of Cerberus and Reapers.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 11, 2016, 07:30:45 AM
Quote from: RakaiThwei on May 10, 2016, 05:59:28 PM

That's not the point of the comment. It's to show how advanced they have become. It's not a focus.

Quote from: The Alien Predator on May 10, 2016, 07:14:13 PM
Imagine if
Spoiler

[close]

It's still not clear if
Spoiler
the Dog-aliens are the masters. It was implied that they might be some sort of created or servant species.
[close]

I always assumed the
Spoiler
Dog-Aliens created the Faze to be their tools.

But imagine it's the other way around!
[close]

Corporal Hicks

I remember Lebbon implying they
Spoiler
could both be inventions/servants to another race - the Engineers, perhaps? Would probably explain why the Faze gives the Rage ships a bit of a biomechanical appearance.
[close]

The Alien Predator

I hope we get another interview with Lebbon. Or he joins the forum for a bit, like Jeff VanderMeer, John Shirley and Steve Perry did.  ;D

So we can have our "Ask Tim" thread.

Perfect-Organism

I just picked up a copy an am starting to read it.  The first chapter with Mains was very cool.  It helps to know the characters.  I would love to read some more prior to falling asleep, but Aliens vs. Pinball has a hold on me.  Addictive!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Alien Predator on May 11, 2016, 03:20:01 PM
I hope we get another interview with Lebbon. Or he joins the forum for a bit, like Jeff VanderMeer, John Shirley and Steve Perry did.  ;D

So we can have our "Ask Tim" thread.

I can float him an invite over towards the release of Armageddon.

Also folk, get thinking if you have any questions for Tim for our next interview with him.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed