The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon

Started by Perfect-Organism, Nov 18, 2014, 10:44:01 PM

Author
The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon (Read 236,737 times)

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I've liked the battle scenes so far. The Rage is making good use of the xenos. Have you gotten to the part where
Spoiler
the xenos go EEV with breathing apparati?
[close]

A reference on page 155 confirms that
Spoiler
Arcturians ARE aliens. I want to know about that colony of humans living with them!
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Popped into Waterstones whilst a convention in the city to pick this up. :) My ship is mentioned in the first chapter. :P heading home shortly so will read some more later.

Ultramorph

230 pages in. Wow, this is a quick read! I'm really enjoying it, though. Some big stuff is being set up. Book 3 is going to be crazy.

The Alien Predator

I'm on the part where

Spoiler
Just after Akoko Halley got knocked out after a crazy battle scene.
[close]

Man, all you people who had concerns about Predators being nerfed in the first book, or the story being slow to get into have absolutely nothing to fear in the second book.  :)

Also, the first book set up humans to be super advanced. But I am re-thinking that... man, the Rage are crazy! And the Yautja actually stood fairly well during one badass moment during a badass fight scene. I am absolutely freaking loving the space battles as well as ground battles!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Ultramorph on Apr 26, 2016, 06:40:50 PM
51 pages in an we may have gotten a small bombshell...
Spoiler
QuoteShe had conducted a series of features on the Arcturus settlers, before they renounced humanity entirely.

Either Arturians aren't aliens OR there are humans who settled with them and assimilated. I hope this gets addressed.
[close]

I took that to mean that

Spoiler
the Acturians had enough of mankind and severed ties.
[close]

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 01, 2016, 10:26:19 AM
I took that to mean that

Spoiler
the Acturians had enough of mankind and severed ties.
[close]

Ah, I hadn't thought of that. Seems probable.

Just about done with the book now.
Spoiler
Palant, Halley, and company just set down on a Predator research station to try and figure out how the Rage androids control the xenos. Cool stuff!
[close]

Just finished! Is it September yet?  ;D

I liked it quite a bit, probably more than Incursion. I'll post full thoughts in a day or two.

The Alien Predator

I am very nearly finished.

I loved how:

Spoiler
The Yautja admitted that they were protecting Pallant on orders of Elder Kalakta. And how two ships just shadowed the Pixie while it was cruising through space. Airing all messages sent to them. XD

Until they see a Fiennes ship and send only one: "enemy ship sighted ahead, vengeance is ours!"

My favourite parts where when Lilliya was arguing with Hashori to hide for once in her life. Also when they finally were able to get the humans to stand down, and the whole amazement the public showed when Hashori walked alongside Lilliya and the guards. A whole crowd of people followed and no one was able to keep eye contact with Hashori due to crapping themselves every time she stared back.

I love how scared humans are of Predators, almost instinctually.
[close]

And I too am liking it more than Incursion, it is the best sci fi experience of my life.

Ultramorph

The Predators and their alliance with the humans was handled very well in this book, and I also liked how Lebbon handled the xenos.

Based on some of what was being set up in his volume, I think that
Spoiler
Book 3 will end with the drop-holes being shut down and humans being split into warring factions, each with their own weaponized xenos. That would be quite a new status quo.
[close]

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Ultramorph on May 01, 2016, 05:31:26 PM
The Predators and their alliance with the humans was handled very well in this book, and I also liked how Lebbon handled the xenos.

Based on some of what was being set up in his volume, I think that
Spoiler
Book 3 will end with the drop-holes being shut down and humans being split into warring factions, each with their own weaponized xenos. That would be quite a new status quo.
[close]

I love how this book really explores how FTL works. The previous book did this but this one expands on it.

Spoiler
I love how the Arrow class ships go at Warp-15 while the Rage ships are warp-30, so fast that they leave a huge warp wave before even arriving.

Also, I have a feeling some of this tech is going to fall into human hands. It is implied that Lilliya's secrets may fall into Company hands. And the Company does intend to release they instant communication across light years invention eventually.
[close]

Man, I hope they release more books set after the Rage War. I want to see how this affects mankind.

I just finished this amazing book. I can't wait until September.

Corporal Hicks

Re: FTL -

Spoiler
I've seen them use warp factors, hyperspace and the dropzones. I can't remember from Incursion but are warp and hyperspace related?
[close]

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 02, 2016, 10:02:32 AM
Re: FTL -

Spoiler
I've seen them use warp factors, hyperspace and the dropzones. I can't remember from Incursion but are warp and hyperspace related?
[close]

They may be different.

How far are you into it, Corporal? Liliya and Isa Palant are still my faves! I am loving the Predators as always. Lebbon has expanded so much on his world in this book.

Corporal Hicks

Only a 100 or so pages. I've not done any reading today.

The Alien Predator

We also learn some fun history lessons in-universe.

Such as a
Spoiler
Martian uprising in the 2090's (a few years after Prometheus) where General Jones helps crush the rebels and secure not only the hostages, but the Martian Cubes which are the very first alien artefacts found by mankind.
[close]

BeowolfSchaefer

I picked these both up from Audible. Gonna finish Out of Shadows before I start them. So far not super loving OOS unfortunately.

happypred

Yautja sill limited to blades and shoulder cannons?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed