Alien 3 Podcast Featuring Vincent Ward & Lance Henriksen

Started by Darkness, Jul 22, 2015, 07:31:57 PM

Author
Alien 3 Podcast Featuring Vincent Ward & Lance Henriksen (Read 32,033 times)

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Hudson on Jul 31, 2015, 10:56:08 PM
The rape scene music is definitely in Batman Forever completely verbatim (at least it REALLY sounds like it's the same track). Takes place when Robin gets jumped after driving the Batmobile around at night.

It's also in Goldenthal's 'Titus' score which is often referred to as a 'Remix' amongst fans (download sample here).  Some of the score for Titus has a lot of Alien 3 elements/tones in it.  It's almost like an alternate score for Alien 3 when you listen to most of it.

Hudson

Stopped after the Holt McCallany (sp?) interview. His and Henriksen's were very unsatisfying. Pretty lame.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I really enjoyed listening to Fasano vent. I'm not overly familiar with how things played out when the script started to turn into what ended up on screen.

Otherwise, I'm just not enjoying the actual hosts. They don't sound as if they understand the series/film at all and just come across as complaining.  :-\

I got to the end of the actor interviews yesterday. I did like hearing Henriksen's take on it all (and his voice is just so soothing). Interesting to hear he thought of Bishop 2 as an android.

Shame the Holt one didn't really talk more about Alien 3 and his tendency to say Like got a bit distracting. xD

Mike White

Mike White

Thanks to everyone for listening and for the feedback. 

Perfect-Organism

Finally had a chance to listen to the whole thing.  I got the most value out of the interview with Mark Verheiden.  He is sorely missed in the Aliens comics.

Whiskeybrewer

I really need to get around to listening to this. Something always comes up lol

Perfect-Organism

Not sure if this was mentioned but they kept referring to the alien effects as CGI.  Mostly, these effects were not CGI.  The Alien was basically a puppet.  But it looked like bad CGI.

Valaquen

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 04, 2015, 07:27:42 AM
I did like hearing Henriksen's take on it all (and his voice is just so soothing). Interesting to hear he thought of Bishop 2 as an android.

I honestly think he retconned his thoughts on it after AVP., because he always referrred to him as a human being before 2003, then suddenly, it was meant to be ambiguous, was an advanced android, etc etc. I think he tried to keep AVP in continuity and it's affected his memory or something.

Corporal Hicks

I suppose playing so many iterations of the character takes it toll on your memory.

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Aug 07, 2015, 08:08:44 PM
Not sure if this was mentioned but they kept referring to the alien effects as CGI.  Mostly, these effects were not CGI.  The Alien was basically a puppet.  But it looked like bad CGI.

Gets on my nerves every time.  :-\

Darkness

Still haven't listened to it all myself yet.

I used to refer the CGI thing myself until somebody here told me it was puppets. That was like a decade ago. To the casual movie viewer, it does look like bad CGI.

Valaquen

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 08, 2015, 12:18:22 PM
I suppose playing so many iterations of the character takes it toll on your memory.

Even Ridley can't get his stories straight about Alien any more. Behold the ravages of time...

Corporal Hicks

Finished this off yesterday. Really enjoyed hearing Verheiden talk about the comics. I can't say I've ever really read or heard anything from him about them (admittedly - not that I've looked).

Perfect-Organism

Verheiden speaking was really the highlight of the entire podcast.  After delighting in his rich cynicism from the books (Rasche: New York will never be the same.  Scheaffer: You say that as if it were a bad thing.), we get to see how much of a humble person he really is.  Dark Horse was built by his friends and he is very understanding of how his works were so "tweaked" by DH over the years.  I really hope to see him write another Alien comic in the future.  I can't remember ever reading another Alien book that matched his particular sardonic wit.  It was his work that helped turn Aliens into a full-blown sci-fi franchise at the tipping point just after James Cameron's epic film.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Aug 14, 2015, 02:54:02 PMAfter delighting in his rich cynicism from the books... I can't remember ever reading another Alien book that matched his particular sardonic wit.

You obviously read a totally different comic to me because the writing just wasn't that memorable or spectacular at all.

Certainly not bad writing. But nothing especially noteworthy.

Valaquen

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 14, 2015, 12:13:35 PM
Finished this off yesterday. Really enjoyed hearing Verheiden talk about the comics. I can't say I've ever really read or heard anything from him about them (admittedly - not that I've looked).

:(

https://alienseries.wordpress.com/2013/02/21/strange-shapes-interviews-mark-verheiden/

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed