Alien 3 Podcast Featuring Vincent Ward & Lance Henriksen

Started by Darkness, Jul 22, 2015, 07:31:57 PM

Author
Alien 3 Podcast Featuring Vincent Ward & Lance Henriksen (Read 32,066 times)

Xenomorphine

Most people would have a big argument with him, considering some of the things he claims. Although, they'd probably agree with him sharing the myth about the effects being mostly CGI. :)

Inverse Effect

The First three movies are my Favorites. I love the Third Movie as much as i do the Second.

THE CITY HUNTER

I think AVPG should have done a podcast about this instead of Projection booth

Mike White

Mike White

Thank you for sharing!

Mike White

Mike White

BTW, I posted an "Errata" about the shitty special effects being a puppet rather than CGI.

If someone can clear up the egg(s) on the Sulaco for me, I'd appreciate it. 

Xenomorphine

Where they came from or where they're meant to be located? Both seem to be mysteries...

james brummel

james brummel

I really don't get the hate on this movie.  As a standalone film I find it terrific, it addresses morality, mortality, fate, sacrifice,all sorts of good stuff.  In this podcast the terms "damsel in distress" and "prince on white horse" fairy tale terms are longingly thrown around -- I guess that is the kind of story they want, simple, good vs bad, right vs wrong, they all lived happily ever after.  Wrong movie.

Xenomorphine

It's rare to find someone who literally hates it (although, its own director is on the record as saying he does). Most critics of it were simply very disappointed/underwhelmed.

'Alien' fans, by and large, are not unfamiliar with themes of futility and nihilism. The first two deal heavily in them. Back in the eighties and early nineties, it was probably characterised as the one futuristic science-fiction series you gravitated to if you were fed up with the (relatively) superficial overtones of 'Star Trek' and 'Star Wars'. It was only later that stuff like 'Babylon 5' and 'Farscape' began to pick up the same ball and run with it.

Rankles75

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 26, 2015, 02:01:44 AM
It's rare to find someone who literally hates it (although, its own director is on the record as saying he does). Most critics of it were simply very disappointed/underwhelmed.

'Alien' fans, by and large, are not unfamiliar with themes of futility and nihilism. The first two deal heavily in them. Back in the eighties and early nineties, it was probably characterised as the one futuristic science-fiction series you gravitated to if you were fed up with the (relatively) superficial overtones of 'Star Trek' and 'Star Wars'. It was only later that stuff like 'Babylon 5' and 'Farscape' began to pick up the same ball and run with it.

You can count me as one. Absolutely detest everything about it. Shonky FX, pointless characters who exist only to swear with every other word and get killed in largely stupid ways, stupid beginning with the magic egg that effectively killed the series. Just didn't have a single redeeming feature for me...

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Rankles75 on Jul 26, 2015, 04:20:40 AM
You can count me as one. Absolutely detest everything about it. Shonky FX, pointless characters who exist only to swear with every other word and get killed in largely stupid ways, stupid beginning with the magic egg that effectively killed the series. Just didn't have a single redeeming feature for me...

:D

Johnny Paintbrushes

Johnny Paintbrushes

Great interview with Lance Henriksen - the guy comes across really well.

Narratively, Alien 3 is undoubtedly a mess. But I will always love its moodiness. Scout Tafoya's film is a great piece that explores the essence of the film that Fincher was trying to realise : https://vimeo.com/76672771

Corporal Hicks

Will have to give that a watch later! Thanks for the link.

Johnny Paintbrushes

Johnny Paintbrushes

No worries. Warning - it does border on being a little pretentious in places. But I like the vibe he's going for and I think the final line sums up my own feelings about Alien 3:

"It's missing something... and your brain keeps on trying to fill in the blanks."

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Johnny Paintbrushes on Jul 29, 2015, 03:14:17 PM
No worries. Warning - it does border on being a little pretentious in places. But I like the vibe he's going for and I think the final line sums up my own feelings about Alien 3:

"It's missing something... and your brain keeps on trying to fill in the blanks."
Thanks

Hudson

What's up with this guy's beef with the opening credits...? He has no idea what the f**k he's talking about, AND he's annoying as hell. Who is this dude?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed