Inside The Ark - The Predator's New Spaceship!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 01, 2017, 10:14:17 AM

Author
Inside The Ark - The Predator's New Spaceship! (Read 33,936 times)

Corporal Hicks

The Predator made it through most of its production without much in the way of leaked photos. They nearly made it until we had a couple of stills of some of the film’s new Predators. There had been plenty of other photos taken by the crew working on the film, most of which didn’t really give much away.

However, there have been several photos taken in an interesting location. A location that is actually the interior of a new Predator starship featured in Shane Black’s The Predator! Beware potential spoilers.

[Image removed at the request of 20th Century Fox.]

According to Alien vs. Predator Galaxy’s sources, The Predator contains several Predator spaceships. The set (and door) we’re seeing here are likely from a vessel known as The Ark in the script. The Ark plays a massive role in the film and is home to a variety of strange creatures that the film’s heroes, The Loonies, will come up against.

On a related note, Mike Fields also shared a cool picture of himself alongside Brian Prince, one of the performers we suspect will be inside ADI’s Predator suits!

Be sure to keep an eye on the Alien vs. Predator Galaxy forums for all the other The Predator set photos and discoveries! Thanks to ace3g.

Keep checking in with Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on The Predator! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter and Instagram to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Predator fans on our forums!

Tangakkai

The interior looks cool, what I would imagine from a Predator Ship, not too different from the AvP stuff.

SiL

Booooo.

Bring back the steamy Aztec vibe from P2. One of the most interesting alien spaceship interiors and it's been replaced ever since with generic sci-fi.

Johnny Handsome

I like it, not as tribal as the P2 ship, but looks like it could be the interior to the original ship:

They even have some gold tones in them, so yeah, looks very "Predator" to me and not too clean/Star-Treky like the AvP ship.

SiL

I mean, it's not terrible.

Just really wanna see that tribal look back.

Crispychicken

Crispychicken

Looks great! Very surreal, love the red lights under the stairs. Remember guys, not everything has to look like Predator 2. The ship from Predator 1 wasn't at all tribal, its very possible that the Yautja have many different design aesthetics.

SM

It's obviously not lit properly or anything.

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

I think that this Ark vessel is a huge Predator transporter that contain a various animals and creatures from space, propably creatures captured by the Bad Blood Predators for their hunt, I think about this like about Lockdown ship from Transformers: Age of Extinction. . it's the same idea, and actually I like it. If the Bad Blood Predators really catch and capture some species, they need for sure some sort of "mobile prison" for that. I guess this Ark vessel fall somewhere on Earth, and after that. . all the creatures escape and some of them perhaps attack both human and Predator characters. I really like this idea, let's wait and see If I have the right. Ohh and btw, I remember these skulls from end of Predator 2, It would be cool if they manage to recreate some or the creatures in this new movie by the looks of these specific skulls.

black

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jun 01, 2017, 10:34:37 AM
I like it, not as tribal as the P2 ship, but looks like it could be the interior to the original ship:

They even have some gold tones in them, so yeah, looks very "Predator" to me and not too clean/Star-Treky like the AvP ship.
I always thought that the design of the original ship was created before Winston and therefore obviously did not fit the predator of which we know now.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: black on Jun 01, 2017, 12:10:12 PM
Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jun 01, 2017, 10:34:37 AM

I always thought that the design of the original ship was created before Winston and therefore obviously did not fit the predator of which we know now.
I don't know at which point the ship was designed, but since it ended up in the movie i always associate it with being "Predator" in style, because it officially was the Predator's ship. It's also not too far away from the armour style of the creature, so it could actually be designed for the Winston Predator.

Looking at the new set, i think there are some obvious similarities in design, the round edges, gold tones and general colorization really fit that old design.

That said, the P1 ship is not my favourite ship-design, but the set definitely fits the style of the creature, so i'm happy.

Corporal Hicks

Am I right in thinking there was a time when the ship that dropped the Predator off wasn't actually the Predator's ship? It was like an intergalactic bus?

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 01, 2017, 01:13:36 PM
Am I right in thinking there was a time when the ship that dropped the Predator off wasn't actually the Predator's ship? It was like an intergalactic bus?
The original idea behind Predator was that the Predator was actually just one of many creatures in an intergalactic hunting club, so that could actually be the case.

But since they reshot alot of scenes, including the cloaked "red-suit" ones (there is not a single scene with the old Predator in the movie) i could imagine they reshot the opening as well, or shot the scene well into post-production, when the Winston Predator was well long on board.

Remember, movies rarely get filmed in the actual order.

KillCrites

It looks good. I am sure they'll enhance it with CGI.

Stealth_Hunter

I think it looks fantastic, maybe they will have a trophy room that has some of the P2 ship's aesthetic.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jun 01, 2017, 01:21:21 PM
The original idea behind Predator was that the Predator was actually just one of many creatures in an intergalactic hunting club, so that could actually be the case.

That's what I was thinking. That sounded like a pretty interesting concept. Would have been curious to see more of that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed