Predator: Hunting Grounds Launch Trailer!

Started by molasar, Apr 21, 2020, 02:40:06 PM

Author
Predator: Hunting Grounds Launch Trailer! (Read 9,637 times)

Schaeffer11

Schaeffer11

What's the name for the community page on PS4??

Wurd77

Wurd77

Quote from: Kailem on Apr 21, 2020, 06:19:19 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 21, 2020, 05:33:53 PM
QuoteWe made the diffuse button for the Predator Self Destruct sequence easier to interact with. However, there is an increased difficulty with the Self Destruct puzzle.

You could diffuse the self destruct?!

Yup. I didn't know about it either until I saw an interact icon on a downed Predator one time and it brought up the defuse mini-game.

Basically if you kill the Predator before he can arm his self-destruct, you're good. But if he managed to arm it and then you kill him, you can try to defuse it by interacting with the prompt that appears on his body, then matching four Predator language symbols in a row before it explodes.

Making the prompt easier to interact with is definitely a good thing because there was at least one instance where I got blown up because it took too long for the prompt to appear. And making the mini-game itself more difficult is equally good because once you got the hang of it you could defuse it pretty easily, so this should make it a bit more of a risky thing to do.

Quote from: Wurd77 on Apr 21, 2020, 06:12:56 PMI noticed that only the Overgrown map is mentioned.  Is this the only map?  Are there different versions of this map?

There were three maps in the trial, Overgrown, Derailed and Backwater, but we don't know if there are going to be any more in the full game.

The bad thing is, like you said, they only mentioned Overgrown getting the "stuck in place" fixes when it happened to me once on Derailed too, so it's by no means the only map that could happen on.

Oh...ok.  Thanks for clearing that up.  :) 

The thing I really want to know (and I'm sure there are others as well) is will the game offer any type of offline option or will it be strictly online only?   From my "research"....all I've been able to find is....that only the Tutorial could be played offline.  However, I did find an article that mentions that it was possible to play solo as the Predator or Fireteam member offline.

https://www.thesixthaxis.com/2020/02/26/predator-hunting-grounds-gets-a-ps-and-pc-trial-weekend-27-march/

"The trial will allow you to sample this online experience, but also has the offline solo mode, where you can play alongside and against AI."

Could anyone on here confirm whether this could be done or not?  Or is this missinformation?

shadowedge

It is good they addressed some balancing issues like making the Predator less loud and tha grenade launcher andnd spotting nerfs.

Devilock

Devilock

Wow. It look so shitty, my mind is blown.
AvP 2010 looks better.

molasar

Quote from: Wurd77 on Apr 21, 2020, 06:32:31 PM
From my "research"....all I've been able to find is....that only the Tutorial could be played offline.  However, I did find an article that mentions that it was possible to play solo as the Predator or Fireteam member offline.

https://www.thesixthaxis.com/2020/02/26/predator-hunting-grounds-gets-a-ps-and-pc-trial-weekend-27-march/

"The trial will allow you to sample this online experience, but also has the offline solo mode, where you can play alongside and against AI."

Could anyone on here confirm whether this could be done or not?  Or is this missinformation?

In the trial you could create a private match and start it without other players, but there is no AI replacing them. You just deal with enemy soldiers.

Quote from: Devilock on Apr 21, 2020, 08:43:53 PM
AvP 2010 looks better.

In your dreams.

Gr33n M4n

The game has promise but It definitely needs some more work. The human animations, hud and graphics need improving. We'll see where it goes.

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

How are you able to preorder the game and get the game? Isn't GameStop closed because of the pandemic? Is amazon the only way to go? If so do y pounds get old painless and jungle hunter skin from amazon

Wurd77

Quote from: ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR on Apr 21, 2020, 10:15:20 PM
How are you able to preorder the game and get the game? Isn't GameStop closed because of the pandemic? Is amazon the only way to go? If so do y pounds get old painless and jungle hunter skin from amazon

I think you are still able to pre-order it from their website.  Also, check their store list to see which stores are closed in your area as some of them are still open.

Voodoo Magic

I pre-ordered it through the Playstation Store.

Wurd77

Quote from: molasar on Apr 21, 2020, 09:47:03 PM
Quote from: Wurd77 on Apr 21, 2020, 06:32:31 PM
From my "research"....all I've been able to find is....that only the Tutorial could be played offline.  However, I did find an article that mentions that it was possible to play solo as the Predator or Fireteam member offline.

In the trial you could create a private match and start it without other players, but there is no AI replacing them. You just deal with enemy soldiers.

Quote from: Devilock on Apr 21, 2020, 08:43:53 PM
AvP 2010 looks better.

In your dreams.

Can you do a Private Match solo while offline?  Or is it online only?

molasar

Quote from: Wurd77 on Apr 21, 2020, 11:00:05 PM
Can you do a Private Match solo while offline?  Or is it online only?

Sadly I have not tried it in the trial.

Sakishiro

D88M

It still looks awful, this is the kind of game that nobody is even gonna remember a month after launch, let alone play.

molasar

Quote from: D88M on Apr 22, 2020, 01:27:07 AM
It still looks awful, this is the kind of game that nobody is even gonna remember a month after launch, let alone play.

Somehow I am not going to follow your instructions.

shadowedge

I think the game looks quite good! It's very colorful, not muted browns, tans, and dull greens. It's COLORFUL with nice shadows and good art direction and lighting.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed