Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 306,396 times)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Oct 06, 2021, 11:21:53 AM
Wasn't she a bit young to play Kee's mom ? I know it's an other era and people had children at a very young age, plus movie make-up etc, but still, she looks as young as Kee here !

Are you talking the Cheyenne Seleah audition Clubroot posted above? If so, yeah, based on her audition videos, she tried out for the roll of "Kee", but it went Amber Midthunder. (Posting that video really didn't apply to the Stefany conversation here and I'm assuming that's where the confusion lies.)

But actor Stefany Mathias on the otherhand, who's auditions are no longer online, she tried out for the role of "Aruka" and the dialogue spoken seemed to clearly identify Aruka as Kee's mother.

But now that someone updated IMDB crediting Stephany as "Sumu", I was curious if she's really playing Kee's mother, the role we know as "Aruka"... or perhaps she was just casted in another, maybe lesser role.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Oh ok thanks, my bad !

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Master Chief on Sep 30, 2021, 04:21:29 PM
I hope this movie gives me an Apocalypto vibe.  Wouldn't mind seeing warriors like that fighting a Predator.

That would be neat. Could be a "Chariots of the Gods" why certain cultures collected skulls, having learned from the Predators.

ace3g

ace3g

ADI got together for a team dinner recently

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

I'm a little disappointed that they are saying that this film will be the Predator's/Yautja's first visit to earth, ignoring every bit of established canon. According to many comic stories and even the AVP films they have been around much longer than the time period this film is set in. I know recently they found footprints in North America that show humans have been in North America for 23,000 years, but I'm pretty sure this film takes place around the 14-1500s.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I don't see any problems at all ignoring completely AVP and the comics.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

AVP isn't so much my concern as I can take or leave it, but the comics go back almost as far as the first film itself, the first comic was released in 1989 just a year and a half after Predator was released in theaters and a good portion of the comics are very good stories, that I think are fathoms better than any Predator movie after Predator and Predator 2, completely ignoring the comics hurts the continuity and is not good for the story or franchise in my personal opinion.

Doomofman

Doomofman

It's a movie series. The vast majority of people going to see it wont have read any of the comics (or likely know they even exist). Ignoring comics doesn't hurt continuity at all as the comics aren't part of the movie continuity

Just to add, I'm not against movies ret-conning other movies (I'd be happy for future Predator movies to disregard The Predator and both AVP movies as they aren't any good) but Predator is a movie franchise first and foremost so it's not on the movies to respect the storylines of the comics

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Even though John Davis said it was the Predators' first visit to Earth, I personally doubt it will be conveyed on-screen in any way, so I ultimately believe this will be a non-issue.  :)

Quote from: ace3g on Oct 08, 2021, 10:14:40 PM

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUvxltDPrmd/

Hmm. Something to do with a next project? An Alien TV series perhaps?

seattle24

seattle24

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 09, 2021, 02:16:28 PM
Quote from: ace3g on Oct 08, 2021, 10:14:40 PM

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUvxltDPrmd/

Hmm. Something to do with a next project? An Alien TV series perhaps?

Bloody hope not!

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: seattle24 on Oct 09, 2021, 03:32:22 PM
Bloody hope not!

Hey, why just have the Predator fans suffer. Now we can all commiserate!  :laugh:

Kradan

Kradan

Did they serve crab meat ?

seattle24

seattle24

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 09, 2021, 03:49:56 PM
Bloody hope not!

Hey, why just have the Predator fans suffer. Now we can all commiserate!  :laugh:

Hahah! Can just see it now, Tom opening the doors to his armoury and whispering "Hello, my old friend" to the Resurrection mould à la Bruce Wayne and the bat suit  :(

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

I don't mind AvP being solidified as uncanon, but it kinda kills the potential for other interesting stories

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: seattle24 on Oct 09, 2021, 03:56:03 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 09, 2021, 03:49:56 PM
Bloody hope not!

Hahah! Can just see it now, Tom opening the doors to his armoury and whispering "Hello, my old friend" to the Resurrection mould à la Bruce Wayne and the bat suit  :(

Quote from: Kradan on Oct 09, 2021, 03:52:26 PM
Did they serve crab meat ?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed