Blomkamp's Alien 5 Ideas?

Started by RabidNinja, Feb 19, 2015, 10:17:55 AM

Author
Blomkamp's Alien 5 Ideas? (Read 13,985 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: CainsSon on Feb 19, 2015, 05:24:39 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 19, 2015, 12:50:49 PM
I'd personally like it to leave all that behind. I want a character study of Ripley 8 and her connection to the Aliens.

I think it could kind of be very interesting. Her disconnection from the human race - which has become corrupt - the androids that seem more humane - and even her age. For instance - here's this character that has had to adapt or maybe has been subjected to all kinds of testing or even has been living in exhile and for years with the memory of these aliens in her blood. Now there's movement within the comapny and these Engineers... What does that do to her? She must be compelled to know the rest right? And what does the rest mean to her? What is she to the Engineers.
If A:R was about her loyalties crossing, this would be more about an orphan seeking out her biological heritage. Having been adapted to a human culture she was an alien too and raised within it. This all lends itself to Blomkamp's themes...

That would be similar to what happens to the character played by Sharlto Copley in District 9

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Magegg on Feb 19, 2015, 05:15:43 PM
- Just sit down and enjoy the freaking movie.

- Haters gonna hate.

See, I like a number of your ideas, but... This attitude always bothers me. With just about any movie that has divided opinions there are always people saying these two things, and it pisses me off. With the exception of a few very masochistic critic types, nobody goes into a movie not to "sit down and freaking enjoy it."

If the movie ends up suffering the same problems at Prometheus, or God forbid AVP:R/Resurrection... Oi vei. There will be plenty of reason to "hate" this film in those instances for quite a number of people. For one I think it'll signal that the final nail has been driven once and for all for ALIEN, and i'd hate for the franchise to end on that note, as it effectively did for nearly two decades almost now.

Magegg

Magegg

The fact is, the decision bringing back Ripley and Hicks would be as polarizing as the decision of not bringing them back. There will be haters from one side or another, so just ignore that and move on.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Hence why I keep suggesting they should go somewhere new.

But no, it's gotta have Ripley. Because.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: Magegg on Feb 19, 2015, 07:19:36 PM
The fact is, the decision bringing back Ripley and Hicks would be as polarizing as the decisionof not bringing them back. There will be haters from one side or another, so just ignore that and move on.

That is true, personally I would like both to bring them back and to leave them dead depending on how its done, Alien 3 as touchy of a subject it is, finished their story and I am fine with that but like most Aliens fans, I was annoyed by how abrupt it was and I would have liked to see Hicks as the new protagonist, sure I would like to see Ripley again too but the franchise shouldn't have to depend on her to continue, as someone here recently said, she was a survivor by chance, her constant involvement would be silly (unless given a really good reason) and don't get me started on number 8. I hate the hybrid storyline, just way too overboard.

We should wait and see,  no enough info right now to judge the film, and it shouldn't be judged until it is released.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 19, 2015, 07:31:12 PM

If you want something new, then have Prometheus or something. I'm not against something new, but if they still can pull off the Ripley for the last time, I'd love that. There can be Ripley as well as some new characters and new things. We can have both!

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Magegg on Feb 19, 2015, 07:37:09 PM

If you want something new, then have Prometheus or something. I'm not against something new, but if they still can pull off the Ripley for the last time, I'd love that. There can be Ripley as well as some new characters and new things. We can have both!

I think some people want to see a standalone film as Predators: new characters, new world, new story. That is, without any relation to the previous films but with xenomorphs (Prometheus is more like a spin off).

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

If you want something new, then have Prometheus or something.
No, thanks.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

But this is the problem, why can't Ripley be left alone? why does an Alien film have to have Ripley in it to be good or to exist at all?
It doesn't. It would just be shameless fanservice, one that breaks continuity, if you mean Ripley 8 then fair enough but she is not Ripley in the least (except partial dna) just has some of the same memories. So the character doesn't really have the same impact.

To be honest I am divided between the two options, retcon or sequel, each has their own pros and cons.

Vrastal

Vrastal

Shameless fan service is bringing retconning alien 3 and resurrection.

a new Aliens story without hicks and ripley is possible, im tired of fox shoving ripley this and ripley that down our throats, everything has to be connected to ripley or have ripley

Ripley is a bad ass, hicks was a bad ass. But ripleys over used and hicks is dead.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Nazrel on Feb 19, 2015, 08:06:53 PM
and hicks is dead.

Not anymore. Even without this movie. Not anymore.

Vrastal

Vrastal

you make it hard to pretend CM didnt happen, wither way by resurrection Hicks is dead.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/411255-neill-blomkamp-is-officially-taking-on-an-alien-sequel#/slide/1

"20th Century Fox has since confirmed the news, clarifying that this is, indeed, a sequel to the original Alien franchise and not the Prometheus sequel currently set for release March 4, 2016."

Looks like ripley 8 is coming back. But i highly doubt hicks will

Samhain13

Samhain13

- No Hicks
- No Newt
- 100% dead Ripley
- Set between ALIEN 3 and ALIEN R.
- New story
- New characters
- WY back

Vrastal

Vrastal

we already know what general direction the story will take now

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Somebody needs to make another thread and put a poll in it asking what the hell do people want. Do we want to see rips back, rips and hick? An entirely new movie? You know, some options around those lines. I'm curious to see the results.

Just to repeat myself, the only way I see this working with Ripley is if they are going to make a sequel to A|R. Hicks is toast.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed