Exclusive: More Prometheus Set Pics

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 02, 2011, 10:35:09 PM

Author
Exclusive: More Prometheus Set Pics (Read 67,454 times)

ThisBethesdaSea

The hallway looks like horizontal vaginas as previously stated. Very Gigeresque.

Glaive

Glaive

It's because of the horizontal wood flooring...so the camera-dollies can move about effectively.
Wood in soundstages is used and re-used till it's too small to be a logical horizontal plane to hold a comera.
Remove the flat surface and I'm sure you'll see something MUCH more organic (ala the first film).

KFS

KFS

Yes it's very gigeresque but like i said if you look at the "vaginas" there are liss round than geometric in their shapes.

As for the flloor i don't really get what you mean Glaive.
It's obvious that it's the actual set design, the floor has markings, like the ones that can be seen on the stone entrance.

Overall the gigeresque design is there but less bones and sexual than the derelict ship.
I doubt we will see an entrance that looks like a big vagina or other obvious sex organs designs.
The ideas will be there but it wll be less in your face than it was in Alien.
No way Fox will let Scott do huge vagina entrance.

nendo

nendo

Quote from: KFS on Aug 05, 2011, 12:18:04 PM
No way Fox will let Scott do huge vagina entrance.

Why not? They entered through a big vagina in the first film

Plus Fox said no to a lot of things in the first film but scott ignored them and did it anyway

KFS

KFS

Well do you realise that ALIEN was released in 1979 before studios were so obssesed with PG13, marchandising, box office and such? Have you not seen or heard about the way Fox deals with directors nowdays? How this studio ditch artistic choices in favor of safe family friendly choices.

Yes Scott did made a lot of stuff on his own but it was a different time when execs had less or none control.
Now all is checked, verified before.

No way in hell you will see those overtly sex organs inspired designs from the derelict ship.
It will be subtle and convey the same feeling but it will be toned down and different.

Never say no to Panda!

Never say no to Panda!

Nooo, pls no vagina...that would've worked for the first movie in 1979 but imagine today's cinema audience, PG13, sitting there with all those kids and then suddenly a big vagina appears. They would not calm down till the credits  :o

wmmvrrvrrmm

It's certainly a different biomechanical design although the floors seemed to be not biomechanical. I have to say I don't know what the idea behind it is or what Giger was possibly asked to design in this case.

It might all be part of a land based building complex somewhere

KFS

KFS

Well you can already see with the ship/cave entrance that we saw that the Vagina entrance is already gone.
But well since it's still feel biorganic and is a different class ship i don't mind.
Or do i?

I don't remember the floor of the derelict corridors being very biomechanical.
BTW way i doubt the vaginas were the real entrance of the derelict ship, the corridor they lead to is too small for an SJ. Some exhaust ducts or anything like this?

Glaive

Glaive

Quote from: KFS on Aug 05, 2011, 12:38:29 PM

I don't remember the floor of the derelict corridors being very biomechanical.
BTW way i doubt the vaginas were the real entrance of the derelict ship, the corridor they lead to is too small for an SJ. Some exhaust ducts or anything like this?

Maybe the SJs are (how can I put this delicately?)...more...urm, FLEXIBLE?

Some Mothers Do Have Em!

The ship is actually the Alien and the SJ is just it''s vibrator...interesting theory.

wmmvrrvrrmm

well, I suppose the derelict, you could argue it was a spaceship but at the end of the day, it was a biomechanic structure of some sort fulfilling a purpose to be guessed at. Ideally it was a spaceship, but....

YOU DO MUTILATE?

i don't think stone is a good fit with biomechanics at all, and certainly not in the way the floors appear in those leaked set photos. kane and that looked like they were walking through some massive digestive system, here it looks like the wheelchair friendly entrance to giger's bar

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: YOU DO MUTILATE? on Aug 05, 2011, 06:03:02 PM
here it looks like the wheelchair friendly entrance to giger's bar

Well, gosh,  we'll have to wait now to see if one of the characters is in a wheelchair

Corporal Hicks

*cough*

Spoiler

[close]

[cancerblack]

Has anyone noticed that the big giant head appears to have huge "bulbs" over where the eye sockets ought to be? And that it doesnt have any lips over the teeth? Reminiscent of givers original alien design, with a nose.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed