The Cinemacon Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 26, 2018, 03:37:39 PM

Author
The Cinemacon Thread (Read 73,346 times)

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

Well I'm not being disrespectful, but I really don't see the problem with a bunch of dudes talking freely about ideas on predator , as iv said this post is pretty much dead now , if anything we are keeping it alive. Since yesterday near enough every comment you have made has been about what people should or shouldn't be writing. Your not the mod hicks is , and as you can see he was joining in the discussion too,  we were all just freely talking about all stuff predator  , just chill dude . What exactly is the problem ? I'd understand if this was a new post but it's old and like I said there's a new post about the trailer. I really don't see what we are doing wrong. Would you rather no one comments again ?

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

There's a time and a place. We have a gaming section here.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Let's steer back on topic now gents. You can head over to the gaming board to discuss the games. :) https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?board=8.0

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

Okey, so now we will act like there are Laws that we cant change, just super! I was thinking that we are just a bunch of normal people here, but it seems that no one is coming here with anything usefull anymore, and still there are complains about other content? Those people that complain, did they add anything other than that here? I can complain too, but why, huh? No one step in my way with any harsch reason, but at least now I can create my own opinion about some of the people here, kill me for that! Im rather moving on the new post, I feel a toxic smell here.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Are you unfamiliar with forums, Petr? There are rules that people are expected to follow. We have separate locations to discuss separate things to keep on topic. It's not a hard concept and a pretty standard way of operating forums.

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

Corporal Hicks - Man, honestly, I dont have anything against these rules, but I think "end of the world" comes with much harder conditions. Seriously, nothing bad happened here, lol. :o

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

You're the one making an issue out of them.  :-\

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

::) Petr Švancara, I think I've made it clear that we're sticking back on topic and that we expect people using this community to abide by it's rules. If you're unable to follow those rules, don't come here. I'm afraid it's that simple. Stop making mountains out of molehills and behave like an adult and you'll be fine.

Not sure how much clearer I can be about it being the end of the discussion. If you can't abide by the staff's requests don't expect to be allowed to stick around. Move on, discuss the actual topics at hand.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

And while I think the idea on games are awesome to discuss, it's far more effective in it's respective subforum. Feel free to open a topic there and I'll join you in a heartbeat.

Highland

Highland

Not going to lie, film looks terrible. Like AVP without the cheese.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Highland on May 10, 2018, 05:21:32 PM

So is that better or worse then?

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 10, 2018, 06:58:25 PM

worse, I take, but I think the other way around. Myself.

Highland

Highland

It doesn't really look like anything, like some of the comments mention it's got a real straight to Netflix feel. I guess what I'm most disinterested about is that nothing really happens, but not in a good way.

The trailer opens quite well ( despite not really liking what's happening here) then it looks like they took a random number generator and threw clips together.

I actually do like the male actors though, so something might be decent. The Predators look ok too.

I mean looking on the outside , nothing is screaming at me to go buy a ticket for it. If they release the movie at Halloween though it might go ok.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Highland on May 11, 2018, 01:13:04 AM

It doesn't really look like anything, like some of the comments mention it's got a real straight to Netflix feel. I guess what I'm most disinterested about is that nothing really happens, but not in a good way.

The trailer opens quite well ( despite not really liking what's happening here) then it looks like they took a random number generator and threw clips together.

I actually do like the male actors though, so something might be decent. The Predators look ok too.

I mean looking on the outside , nothing is screaming at me to go buy a ticket for it. If they release the movie at Halloween though it might go ok.

The shots of the main guy (Holbrook) have me a little more excited for the movie.  I think if the core actors can carry the movie (good balance of humor, personality, etc.), I could overlook the absurd premise a bit more. 

I don't know if it's just me, but I see a faint a resemblance between the main actor in AVPR and Holbrook that I can't quite put my finger on... not a physical one.

Highland

Highland

The premise is growing on me a little now that I think about it more, but only from the human science aspect, we might get to find out some interesting details about Predators. I'm still not sure about the genetic upgrade thing.

I dunno, the lighting looks very well done, clean and nice colour grading. It's miles ahead of AVPR. I'm not sure about the City tone, but it worked well in P2.

Its just a very lazy thought out trailer....but it's only a teaser so..

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed