Engineer related theories

Started by Baron Von Marlon, Mar 19, 2021, 04:58:08 AM

Author
Engineer related theories (Read 5,140 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: kwisatz on Mar 21, 2021, 10:16:01 PM
(I don't know what movie that is from)

David Lynch's Eraserhead, of course.

kwisatz

kwisatz

The black-and-white movie. Of course!

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: kwisatz on Mar 21, 2021, 11:59:19 PM
The black-and-white movie. Of course!

Didn't you know, Alien's chestburster was stolen from it!?! ;)

kwisatz

kwisatz

Ja, I heard Lynch walks out of interviews when asked about the chestburster. 

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Now I'm wondering about the teardrop ship. What else could've happened to it?
Would also be cool if they went on another seeding mission that went wrong and the ship became another derelict.
But this one carries the creation goo from the beginning of Prometheus (not the pathogen) instead of an egg or something.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Mar 26, 2021, 05:30:04 AM

It went back to an outpost we can assume exists via inference and context but which does not need or want to be explicitly defined, because nobody will do it justice.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: [cancerblackIt went back to an outpost we can assume exists via inference and context

Or did something else happen to them? Dun, dun, duuuun!!!

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Mar 26, 2021, 07:51:13 AMbut which does not need or want to be explicitly defined, because nobody will do it justice.

True. Brings us to debate of "If they made us, who made them?", which is a bottomless rabbit hole.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Mar 26, 2021, 08:28:52 AM
Quote from: [cancerblackIt went back to an outpost we can assume exists via inference and context

Or did something else happen to them? Dun, dun, duuuun!!!

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Mar 26, 2021, 07:51:13 AMbut which does not need or want to be explicitly defined, because nobody will do it justice.

True. Brings us to debate of "If they made us, who made them?", which is a bottomless rabbit hole.

I don't really like the word but these Engineers looked a lot like Zen monks, or high space priests, in contrast to the Juggernaut pilots who look more like warriors. But even so, there is a gap of billions of years between the seeders and the destroyers. Still, it's cool to think that what we call Space Jockeys are just one faction of an even larger culture or society. But no one could do justice to that. The mystery makes the concept greater.

In fact, even if the Space Jockeys hadn't been turned into ancient humanity, I still find it fascinating to think of them as the soldiers of an even larger social organism (so to speak), which doesn't need to be explained. Although references do not bother me, as the original Jockey in Alien was once. It wasn't relevant to the story, but its design is so f**king cool, and so perfectly compatible with the atmosphere, that you get excited to speculate about it.

The_Nostromo_Files

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Mar 26, 2021, 05:30:04 AM
Would also be cool if they went on another seeding mission that went wrong and the ship became another derelict.
But this one carries the creation goo from the beginning of Prometheus (not the pathogen) instead of an egg or something.
A "seed" ship that resembles a seed

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 27, 2021, 09:00:56 PMI don't really like the word but these Engineers looked a lot like Zen monks, or high space priests

Makes sense to me as they got a spiritual/religious vibe to them. I consider them to be "The Elders".
Perhaps they were the first of their kind. Or maybe even the last. Who fled their homeworld for whatever reasons and set out to start find a new home and/or seed new worlds.

I know you're a skeptic but you still might enjoy this documentary which mentions similar events taking place on Earth.
I take it with a grain of salt because I don't know if what the man says is true, and I'm too lazy to research and check everyting  ;D
But it doesn't make it less interesting.

Quote from: The_Nostromo_Files on Mar 28, 2021, 12:45:35 AM
A "seed" ship that resembles a seed
https://cdn3.volusion.com/kalng.kxgpu/v/vspfiles/photos/FSS16657-3T.jpg

I like the idea. Would be something cool though if you had a bio-mech ship that implants itself in a planet.

The_Nostromo_Files

It's a frequent trope in science fiction that also frequently brings interest to the story.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: The_Nostromo_Files on Mar 28, 2021, 09:04:51 PM
It's a frequent trope in science fiction that also frequently brings interest to the story.

If only done right...   :-[
I'd love a proper alien astronaut/Chariots Of The Gods type movie.

Also, I like your seed shaped ship idea. Forgot to reply so edited my previous post.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Interesting. 🤔

The_Nostromo_Files

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Mar 29, 2021, 07:05:46 AM
I'd love a proper alien astronaut/Chariots Of The Gods type movie.
Ye gods, I remember back when CotG came to theaters. I wasn't familiar with Von Daniken or his book, but it was a trippy concept. Thanks for that quick trip down the way-back rabbit hole!  ;D

Just saw it's on Prime, so I'll give it a watch...

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Was looking for a certain picture and saw this. Perhaps I saw a similar one in the past and unknowingly that's what lead me to the ship-turned-temple idea.

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 30, 2021, 03:48:26 AM
Interesting. 🤔

Is that a genuin interesting I got from you?  ;D

Quote from: The_Nostromo_Files on Mar 30, 2021, 05:47:24 PM
Just saw it's on Prime, so I'll give it a watch...

I think The Phenomenon (2020) is also on Prime. Excellent documentary on UFOs.
After watching this, I find it hard not to believe in whatever these things might be.
But I'm probably biased as "I want to believe...".

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed