Engineer related theories

Started by Baron Von Marlon, Mar 19, 2021, 04:58:08 AM

Author
Engineer related theories (Read 5,140 times)

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

THEORY

This ship

became (part of) this building.

These Engineers

are the ones depicted here.

Possible motive?
The ship and crew were early generation Engineers and the very first who went on a mission to seed a planet.
After their return the then outdated ship got turned into a temple/monument as a way of honouring the mission. With the giant heads added to honour the crew.
Offcouse it's possible the temple was made to resemble the ship but I could see them re-using their old ship and turning it into a temple/monument.
Because I consider the Engineers some what eco friendly and can see them recycling :)

Aside from the ship/temple theory, there's this theory about an ancient civilization that send out 7 enlighted ones to create new societies. And there's 7 Engineers in the group picture, not counting the sacrificial one. So it could've been some kind of inspiration.
Got it from The Missing Gods (2020) documentary. It's mostly theoreticat but still interesting.

SM

SM

The ship from the start of Prometheus is teardrop shaped.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

True.

But from this angle I could imagine it being the foundation or part of a building.

And to me it'd make sense if it landed horizontal on some pillar shaped objects.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SM on Mar 19, 2021, 05:40:58 AM

/thread.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

The top of the building it's a dome.

The Engineer Lost Tribe ship in Prometheus is a drop-shaped object.

...That or  :-\

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Mar 20, 2021, 03:26:13 PM
Quote from: SM on Mar 19, 2021, 05:40:58 AM

/thread.

Fair enough for my ship-turned-temple theory. But that's only half.

What about the Engineers?

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 20, 2021, 04:24:51 PM...

An advanced society can't make architectural changes to an object?

Nightmare Asylum

I mean, I guess there's nothing saying those particular Engineers can't be the ones represented in the Hall of Heads in Covenant, but I don't think there's anything that really implies that to be the case, either (especially since those Engineers were, after all, cut from Prometheus).

I'd imagine that it is fairly likely, but not guaranteed, that head on display in Prometheus is a depiction of the Engineer that seeded Earth, since it was Earth's star map that showed humanity the location of LV-223 - so imagining that other Engineers head statues that exist on installations throughout the galaxy represent the "seeders" of other worlds isn't too wide of a stretch.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 20, 2021, 07:02:37 PM
I mean, I guess there's nothing saying those particular Engineers can't be the ones represented in the Hall of Heads in Covenant, but I don't think there's anything that really implies that to be the case, either (especially since those Engineers were, after all, cut from Prometheus).

Yeah, no implication. I'm just theorizing (or whatever the right verb).

I'd imagine that it is fairly likely, but not guaranteed, that head on display in Prometheus is a depiction of the Engineer that seeded Earth, since it was Earth's star map that showed humanity the location of LV-223 - so imagining that other Engineers head statues that exist on installations throughout the galaxy represent the "seeders" of other worlds isn't too wide of a stretch.

He sure looks like the sacrificial Engineer.

On the other hand, it's a biological weapons facility so maybe it's a destroyer of worlds instead of a seeder.
Or it represents their military leader. Kinda like how pharaohs and military dictators have big statues of themselves to remind their civilians who's boss.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Although we don't see them, there are supposed to be two heads per pyramid, and there were a lot of pyramids. I think we'd have to see more of the LV-223 ones to say much of anything, although:

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Mar 20, 2021, 07:21:34 PM
Or it represents their military leader. Kinda like how pharaohs and military dictators have big statues of themselves to remind their civilians who's boss.

I do remember something being mentioned about Mussolini when Prometheus was in production, and there's a passing resemblance in the Prometheus head.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: [cancerblacklink=topic=64831.msg2514056#msg2514056 date=1616272578

I do remember something being mentioned about Mussolini when Prometheus was in production, and there's a passing resemblance in the Prometheus head.

Oh..my..gosh  :o  I can't unsee now. 

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Mar 20, 2021, 08:36:18 PM

Although we don't see them, there are supposed to be two heads per pyramid, and there were a lot of pyramids. I think we'd have to see more of the LV-223 ones to say much of anything, although:

Yep!
The head also has inscriptions on the cheeks. I saw the same on an Egyptian statue in documentary. But I can't find the image.

kwisatz

kwisatz

The walls look like

Spoiler
dreads
[close]

tihi

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Spoiler

[close]

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: kwisatz on Mar 21, 2021, 01:32:42 AM
The walls look like

Spoiler
dreads
[close]

tihi

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 21, 2021, 01:43:03 AM
Spoiler

[close]

Prommy walls always made me think of Gigers New York series.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Which always reminded me of the Spacing Guild heighliner's control room (or vice versa):

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHf8aoR8_Bs

(I don't know what movie that is from)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed