User Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

What did you think of Alien Covenant?

Loved it. (5/5)
97 (22%)
Good, it was enjoyable. (4/5)
142 (32.3%)
It was okay. (3/5)
85 (19.3%)
Could have been better. (2/5)
58 (13.2%)
Didn't like it. (1/5)
29 (6.6%)
Hated it! (0/5)
29 (6.6%)

Total Members Voted: 435

Author Topic: Alien Covenant Fan Reviews  (Read 191586 times)

[cancerblack]
Jul 15, 2021, 08:22:03 PM
Reply #1845 on: Jul 15, 2021, 08:22:03 PM
Reporting you all for threatening endangered species, smh tbh.

RabidNinja
Aug 10, 2021, 05:45:22 PM
Reply #1847 on: Aug 10, 2021, 05:45:22 PM
Well damn, am i late to the party! Considering the film is 4 years old, I won't be using spoiler tags.

Having both watched the Theatrical and Chaos Edition versions of the film, I definitely have to say that it's a film that would've benefitted from the inclusion of certain scenes that created a better relation to characters from the opening moments of the film; effectively including the Prologue with David/Shaw to a certain extent, as well as the Last Supper, Crew messages, and the WY interviews.

Aside from characters, the gore of it all was really f**king brutal, and the story was interesting, albeit a light retread of Prometheus in ways. The atmosphere was great, the neo/proto designs were interesting, although felt underutilised until the halfway point/ending of the film, and the xeno itself was goddamn gorgeous.

Now i could go into a tirade about how the inclusion of Ridley's obsession regarding Androids and AI and the creation of life is starting to go a touch stale, especially with the mentality that he created the "first" non-traditional xenomorph, but i'd much rather sit on the sidelines and go by self-canon that Xeno Prime does exist, as well as the queen mother, palatines, praetorians, etc, and the Xenos are actually a creation from the Engineers, and that Predators hunt them for sport.

All in all, the film itself is quite a decent bloody and gory ride.

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube RSS Feed