Aliens v Predator without the Predator

Started by Billiken, Apr 19, 2022, 10:26:57 AM

Author
Aliens v Predator without the Predator (Read 3,820 times)

Billiken

What do you think the 2004 film would have been like without the predators and just an alien film. Would it have been better?

Kradan

Huh. Sounds interesting. I wonder if you can cut off all of Predator stuff from the actual movie through the magic of editing and if it'll still work ?

SiL

It will not

Billiken

Only reason I asked was because the movie had me for the first 30 minutes until the Predator shows up.

Kradan

SiL

Without the Predator you need an entirely new plot.

Immortan Jonesy

It would no longer be AVP, but Alien on Earth or something. They could have kept the ancient astronaut thing, but with the Space Jockeys instead of the Predators, but as has already been said it wouldn't be AVP anymore.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Billiken on Apr 19, 2022, 10:26:57 AM
What do you think the 2004 film would have been like without the predators and just an alien film. Would it have been better?

Didn't you already get this with Prometheus? ;D

Alas, I think the whole setup works pretty well if it was strictly an Alien movie, strictly a Predator movie, or some other alien (lowercase a). I just think the script went to hell unfortunately (and subsequently the direction).

Kradan

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 20, 2022, 02:53:16 PM

Problem is, they cut the Aliens along with the Predators ! I swear to God, to this day it pisses me off that instead of a proper chestburster we got that f**king squid thing  >:(

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 20, 2022, 04:08:45 PM

Problem is, they cut the Aliens along with the Predators ! I swear to God, to this day it pisses me off that instead of a proper chestburster we got that f**king squid thing  >:(

And that sums up my problem with the black goo. :)

Immortan Jonesy

At least AVP is meat & potatoes  :P Prometheus on the other hand...

I went into the movie theater hungry for Aliens, and at the end of the movie I was still hungry for Aliens!  >:(

Kradan

f**k yeah ! Where are my Aliens, you bastards !?

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 20, 2022, 06:14:20 PM

At least AVP is meat & potatoes  :P Prometheus on the other hand...

I went into the movie theater hungry for Aliens, and at the end of the movie I was still hungry for Aliens!  >:(

Where it lacked in scary Aliens it made up with scary feet!

Kradan

Oh God, no - I can feel the old man's feet smell ! BWAAAGH !

Voodoo Magic

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed