Viking Predator - October DLC

Started by RidgeTop, Oct 26, 2020, 07:10:34 PM

Author
Viking Predator - October DLC (Read 12,474 times)

Bug hunt wilson

Bug hunt wilson

Man I like the Viking predator look I wonder if they will do one base on a Roman solider since we a Viking and samurai predator now.

Kailem

Kailem

An update for Voodoo here :laugh: :

Quote from: Patch notesAdded a new line to the predator mimic wheel "Want some candy?"

I like the look of the Viking, especially with all the ornamental designs he's got going on with his armour. And yeah now that we can see a bigger pic, the covered eye is totally a nod to Odin. I like that touch.

The fireteam "bonus perks" are going to be interesting. I like that they should help make each class seem more distinct, though I worry that giving everyone an extra perk might tip the balance too much in their favour again. I guess we'll have to see how that pans out.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Kailem on Oct 27, 2020, 07:48:42 PM
An update for Voodoo here:

Quote from: Patch notesAdded a new line to the predator mimic wheel "Want some candy?"

I like the look of the Viking, especially with all the ornamental designs he's got going on with his armour. And yeah now that we can see a bigger pic, the covered eye is totally a nod to Odin. I like that touch.

The fireteam "bonus perks" are going to be interesting. I like that they should help make each class seem more distinct, though I worry that giving everyone an extra perk might tip the balance too much in their favour again. I guess we'll have to see how that pans out.
Imo the Pred should also have some bonus perks, even if not in all of it's classes

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kailem on Oct 27, 2020, 07:48:42 PM
An update for Voodoo here :laugh: :

Do you believe Hicks wouldn't let me title the article: Now Predators Can Say "Want Some Candy" - And Other Patch Stuff.;D ;)

I told RidgeTop you're going to hear me coming a mile away when I'm playing Predator now.

Want some candy?
Want some candy?
Want some candy?
🤪

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Oh hey, does that mean you did your first news post then?

Enjoy

Enjoy

Still have a hard time getting the new map to load without having to play the other maps first.

SuperiorIronman

Selecting the wrist launcher will show it on Viking.

Kind of sad this doesn't work with the other Predators but I like that little detail. It doesn't change colors with armor unfortunately.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: RidgeTop on Oct 27, 2020, 10:03:09 PM
Oh hey, does that mean you did your first news post then?

Yep!  :)

Quote from: Enjoy on Oct 27, 2020, 11:18:25 PM
Still have a hard time getting the new map to load without having to play the other maps first.

Does it just freeze up?

Enjoy

Enjoy

Axe is slow with short range. I miss concrete jungle's Maul. That had speed and range and power.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Loving the aesthetic, but not loving the gameplay of the Predator Viking.  :-\

Samhain13

Samhain13

He is slow as f**k, the swings on the Axe leave you so vulnerable, its the new Warclub, the fireteam can run faster than this Predator so its kind to hard hit them like this. Also 2 crashes in a row while trying to play as the Viking.

If only Illfonic could use those patches to fix the game instead of f**king it over.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Samhain13 on Oct 28, 2020, 01:45:55 PM
He is slow as f**k, the swings on the Axe leave you so vulnerable, its the new Warclub, the fireteam can run faster than this Predator so its kind to hard hit them like this. Also 2 crashes in a row while trying to play as the Viking.

If only Illfonic could use those patches to fix the game instead of f**king it over.

I just said that to Kailem last night. The axe is the new clunky war club!  >:(

Lost_Hunter

Lost_Hunter

This is a cool idea but the design is almost unrecognizable as a Predator. Too much of an emphasis on the Celtic interlay in my opinion. Don't know if I'm gonna pick this one up, still never picked up the 87 Dutch.

In other news, can you guys tell me how to use the vocal mimicry or roar? I'm on PS4 and can't figure it out.

SuperiorIronman

I find attacking remaining FT and FT just far enough from the team with it makes a world of difference due to how hard it hits. It's definitely not worth it to charge in but when FT get clumped up and running past you can get a good swing in and it makes the FT hurt. Playing on Backwater and a bunch of people camping in the pumping station got wrecked.

Viking definitely has to play cautiously though. Though I'm a bit used to Berserker so a lot of this was pretty easy to pick up on helped that I tried him in private first to learn his quirks. I definitely recommend carrying the bow because while I don't find PC drain to be that bad, it's definitely not worth it since cloak will be needed to take out FT. In this sense I prefer bow or the spear. Bow though I'd say works better since you can keep the pressure on and be reasonably far from FT to retreat if needed. Viking I don't think is as broken as City Hunter was but I'd say he's a good Berserker if you want to change things up and don't care for Samurai.

The ax I think needs to be sped up a bit but I think it does have a point in it's favor unlike the mace since it can hit a few FT at once. It's not going to dethrone the spear which unfortunately is still top-tier, but unlike mace where you're essentially flexing, this weapon feels like it has a learning curve and could be really deadly in the right hands.

Corporal Hicks

That Axe is pretty devastating when it hits with the long attack. Kailem and I ended up playing against a Viking who just wrecked the entire team on Backwater. Just slammed in, got the long hit with the Ax and bounced back out. Rinse and repeat. Was really damn effective. It's just when they try and rush into the middle of 4 FT, it just doesn't work for them.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed