New Scenes in Featurette!!!!!

Started by Darkness, Apr 13, 2004, 06:25:02 PM

Author
New Scenes in Featurette!!!!! (Read 22,781 times)

aliasp

aliasp

Fantastic. PA has gone old school with this one. I hate the way CGI has ruined the mystique of the Aliens and Predators... the whole reason the original films were great was coz the creatures where kept mostly hidden ... CG ruined this to some extent (also bad stories too ;p)  I for one can't wait for this film

BobCat

BobCat

Damn Yanks? ShakerMaker, Don't hate because we are first in line. I'll tell you what, give me your number and I'll let you know how good this movie is in advance.

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

I to HOPE that this movie delivers but I have some doubts due to the fact that the effects team consists of Alec Gilis and Tom Woodruff and there whole company I forget the name.They are the ones who gave us the SHITY Alien Resurection movie/Alien design, wich is the same design in this movie but black and diff. tails.They also did the Alien 3 effects to wich were pretty disapointing most of the time.The featurettes look pretty cool but it all comes down to the final product and how the movie actualy turns out.Don't get me wrong, I'm one of the biggest Alien/Predator freeks you'll find but when my fav franchise is in the hands of the people who brought us ALIEN RESURECTION I get a little worried.Not only does there Alien design take the Bio-mechanical features out they modifiy the heads and bodies drastically.They slope the forheads back and push the chins out a great deal wich they say makes it look more 'evil', not!They also F**k up the sweet looking bodie design to look all mushy and to organic.Alot of you will prob. disagree with me wich is fine with me but this is how I feel when I see the coolest looking creature from any movie/book whatever and just give it a makeover from Alien resurection, it just doesn't cut it with my standards.I do how ever like the fact that you won't see to much of the Alien in this movie wich is a good way of covering up an inferior design.Now by no means am I writing this to put down or to bash this movie I'm just saying hoe I feel.You never know, the Aliens might even look pretty sweet since the film is very dark looking.The Preds on the other hand look Bad ass! I cant wait to see that huge f**ker tear into somebody with his wrist blades   ;D  I sure you people will be criticizing my comments even though I'm not nailing the movie just the fact that Anderson should have got GIGER involved again with the design.It seems ever since he left the shooting/designing in ALIEN 3 half way through and hasnt been back the aliens keep looking crapier   >:D  

Saint Sinner

Saint Sinner

Uh, Giger died. (R.I.P) So he couldn't come back.

izzet

izzet

Micky Adams blue and white army! (to shakermaker) AVP IS GONNA BE A CLASSIC!

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

Ya uh I was just on his web site and it was talking about what hes doing now art wise and future projects soI don't know where you got your info from?   :D  

Saint Sinner

Saint Sinner

You're right, my bad. I could have sworn somebody from the series who was well regarded was reported at Planet AVP sometime ago to have died. What the Hell? I don't do drugs..     ???  

watcher

watcher

to all of those who dont like how preds look! In pred1 and pred2 there was a same guy who played pred, so the body type was the same. that doses not mean that all preds should be tall and thin. look around ho much humans differ from one another. so why should all preds be in the same weight category   ;)  , as for the masc, they have to be different too. pred are not some military unit to have the same uniforms. they are hunters and its up to "them to choose" what to wear on their ugly faces   ;D  . look at our own history, knites in medieval for example. you cant find to similar helmets.

shakermakerman

BobCat me saying dam yanks was a JOKE! bloody hell... hey izzet lookin forward to playing u next year   ;)   jk.. can i  just say in why do ppl whine about the designs???? every alien design was different in every alien film, they change it so we something new to look at.... im just glad they are making this film and the designs look fine to me   ;D  

Hicks UK

Hicks UK

I pray to God that this doesn't turn out to be a 12 year old's movie. You know how the first two Terminator films were categorically classic in their own way, and then some useless tosser came and shat all over the franchise with the third film. Damn that sucked ass. They may as well of made a cheap animated cartoon series for kids TV.  Hopefully the same disaster scenario hasn't happened here with what is in my view the best Sci-Fi franchises ever coming together.    :)    By the way whoever said Charles Weyland survives is wrong. He's got a terminal illness for a start. Why keep a character alive who's already dying in the first place.

OldEntish

OldEntish

I have seen the light - I will see it a the cinema. I just hope that Anderson doesn't use any weird camera angles or stuff like the matrix movies.   ???    Let's not do to AvP what happened to the Alien franchise: Make loads of crappy sequels (with the exception of Aliens - that is the perfect sequel) If this movie inevitably R   8)   CKS then make just one sequel. Don't ruin a good thing, FOX!

OldEntish

OldEntish

"By the way whoever said Charles Weyland survives is wrong. He's got a terminal illness for a start. Why keep a character alive who's already dying in the first place." - Hicks UK  If Weyland dies, how does the company find out about the Alien species and start the events of 'Alien'? There has to be some continuity from this movie to the other movies. He will survive, I guarantee it.

izzet

izzet

Hicks UK i agree with you that T3 sucked ass, it was aimed more at a kids audience. They need to avoid this with AVP, i've read countless times this is for the fans and thats why FOX put one in charge, Anderson. OldEntish, your point is a good one about the Weyland character and how he links in with the Alien franchise, put i cant see him surviving and perhaps he's already devoloped his super intelligent Android line before the Mission, he is a billionaire. And shakermaker, we wont be playing you next season cos you will be in DIV2 next season   ;D   (Nah, kinnear has done a good job with the trees)

Emporio_Armani

Emporio_Armani

Hey guys I'm from Germany so I have to wait for this movie till November    >:D    But I'm very excited about this movie because I'm a very huge fan of both franchises!!!  I'm waiting for the Trailer and think that the Trailer would be realesed at the SciFI SHow West COnvertion these days!!!  Emporio from Germany!!!!    8)  

d.m of x-static prisoners

d.m of x-static prisoners

Well im in favour of predator 3 and alien 5. Alien 5 should be called 'alien evolution'. Alien 5 should finish the series once and for all a good storyline, actors and keep it true to the original 'Alien'.   Predator 3 should be made but 'dont' leave it open for another, like in predator 2 at the end. Make it like the original, it will 'sell' but most important it will please the fans, as well as that a trilogy can be released, which would be good.......   I dont think they should make another avp movie. cause it aint gonna work (trust me)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed