Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 314,646 times)

ace3g

ace3g

I love minimalist clothing designs like this.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

If you're worried about trailers spoiling things, just don't watch them.
You're gonna watch the movie anyway, so why bother? It'll only ruin the element of surprise and wonder of watching something for the very first time, which imo is an important part of the whole movie viewing experience.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: ace3g on Sep 01, 2021, 04:09:29 AM
I love minimalist clothing designs like this.

Yeah, same, I really dig that!

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Sep 01, 2021, 04:50:32 AM
If you're worried about trailers spoiling things, just don't watch them.
You're gonna watch the movie anyway, so why bother? It'll only ruin the element of surprise and wonder of watching something for the very first time, which imo is an important part of the whole movie viewing experience.

Any theatergoer here in the U.S. is inundated with trailers before every film. And before you say close your eyes and wear ear plugs for 20 minutes...

Today's decorum is the content within film trailers is public knowledge. There's no spoiling trailers. So for anyone trying to avoid a spoiler image... say what the Predator will look like... will be flooded with that image via screencaps headlining new articles, videos, and in your social media streams between the the time of the trailer and the film's release, regardless if you click on the content or not.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Aug 29, 2021, 10:24:28 PM
Quote from: ace3g on Aug 24, 2021, 01:56:37 AM
Larger photo

Spoiler
[close]

Riding the bear train here but what if those are supposed to be bear cubs?

Given Dan's caption, would it make sense that these are rats? Doesn't look like rats but that's Henry Jone's worse nightmare apparently.

Clubroot

Clubroot

Sick merch

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

426Buddy

426Buddy

Blood!

I still can't believe we're getting another Predator film so soon.

Clubroot

Clubroot

@426Buddy
Mine as well make one before the lawsuit court dates  ;D

Its going to bleed confirmed

ace3g

ace3g

New location set video from Dane's IG story

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: ace3g on Sep 04, 2021, 01:47:50 PM
New location set video from Dane's IG story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr-4r1MJNkE

Nice job with getting these one YouTube ace!

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 01, 2021, 11:06:20 AM
Any theatergoer here in the U.S. is inundated with trailers before every film. And before you say close your eyes and wear ear plugs for 20 minutes...

Today's decorum is the content within film trailers is public knowledge. There's no spoiling trailers. So for anyone trying to avoid a spoiler image... say what the Predator will look like... will be flooded with that image via screencaps headlining new articles, videos, and in your social media streams between the the time of the trailer and the film's release, regardless if you click on the content or not.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/LB4r67Dk0bhOU/giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95232e564d375be35ab1035feadad19e9b356e3c8f7&rid=giphy.gif

I don't go to the theatre. If so I'd mess about on my phone and/or listen to music during the trailers.

What do you mean by "there's no spoiling trailers"? Don't trailers spoil things?

IF and that's IF you really want to, you can avoid a lot. Unless you're an active member of the AvP scene, like a moderator on fansite or something  ;)
In my social circle I'm the only "nerd" when it comes to this stuff. So no one I know will be posting or telling me about it.
Pre having seen Covenant, a local website posted a picture that was a small spoiler. So I quit visiting that site. And many others for a period of time.
Since I don't go theatres, I had to wait until an official online version was released. That's a longer wait while there's even more info online.
Wasn't easy but I managed. Didn't see any footage before watching and didn't know too much.

Shaeffer11

Shaeffer11

I'm definitely not reading a script before seeing this movie! Learned my lesson from The Predator

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Sep 04, 2021, 04:53:17 PM
What do you mean by "there's no spoiling trailers"? Don't trailers spoil things?
He means people don't consider it a spoiler to mention something that's shown in a trailer so they don't put images or references in spoiler tags.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: SiL on Sep 04, 2021, 08:19:47 PM
He means people don't consider it a spoiler to mention something that's shown in a trailer so they don't put images or references in spoiler tags.

Ah. Yeah, that's true. And it's a bitch.
A certain site does it all the time. You'll see some title like "The new trailer for movie x reveals the monster in all it's glory!" with a picture of the monster right next to it. I hate it. Wish they just used the name logo of the movie and let people see for themselves (if they want to).
Or you'll get articles where they analyze some event or scene of a movie. A movie that's been out in the theatres for less than a week.
Let's say it was Alien 3, probably would've gotten something like "Ripley's suicide: a look on self-sacrifice in movies".

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed