Dark Horse Fire and Stone (Prometheus/Aliens/AvP/Predator/Omega): All Reviews

Started by happypred, Sep 09, 2014, 07:43:43 AM

Author
Dark Horse Fire and Stone (Prometheus/Aliens/AvP/Predator/Omega): All Reviews (Read 133,422 times)

happypred

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 29, 2015, 12:15:40 PM
Which is good. Anything above a 6 is good. 6 is okay.

Well, at my school, below 60 was an F. 60 was not good. It was considered very bad...like on the edge of failing. 75 was acceptable. 80 was considered "OK". 90 or above was considered good.

Corporal Hicks

Completely different scale from how I've always judged. xD

Don't think we're ever destined to agree, my friend.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: happypred on Jan 29, 2015, 03:44:56 PMWell, at my school, below 60 was an F. 60 was not good. It was considered very bad...like on the edge of failing. 75 was acceptable. 80 was considered "OK". 90 or above was considered good.

That's all well and good in exams but it doesn't make a lot of sense to me when rating media! :)

If 60 is a bad comic, what's even the point of having 0-40%?

Ultramorph

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 29, 2015, 04:12:01 PM

Because things like Alien/Predator/Witchblade/Darkness and Predator vs JLA exist.  :laugh:

But seriously, I agree, 7 and above is good by my standards. 9s and 10s are what I reserve for the rare, almost perfect comic. FaS overall is getting an 8 from me, so far.

Corporal Hicks

I'm at a 7 at my current stage but we'll see how it finishes.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

They definitely set up a lot that needs to be addressed in Omega. I would hate to see them drop the ball at the very end. On the other hand, if it lives up to expectations, it will be a great cap-off to a good run.

CONKERSBADFURDAY

I really quite liked the ending to the Predator arc, even if I had expected a little bit more out of it. Still, Galgo is my favorite of the Fire and Stone characters, and I'd say he's the most developed, or at least the best developed in terms of writing. Elden had some ham-fisted shit shoved into him later on.

I'd go Prometheus > Predator > Aliens > AvP in terms of ranking the four series.

happypred

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 29, 2015, 04:12:01 PMThat's all well and good in exams but it doesn't make a lot of sense to me when rating media! :)

60 would be barely passing...below 60 would be varying degrees of fail.

Good comics would get 90 to 92 (A-)
Very good comics would get 93-96 (A)
Exceptionally good comics would get 97-100 (A+)

For instance, I'd give AvP Prey a 92 and Civilised Beasts an 85

CONKERSBADFURDAY

Quote from: happypred on Jan 30, 2015, 06:13:45 AM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 29, 2015, 04:12:01 PMThat's all well and good in exams but it doesn't make a lot of sense to me when rating media! :)

60 would be barely passing...below 60 would be varying degrees of fail.

Good comics would get 90 to 92 (A-)
Very good comics would get 93-96 (A)
Exceptionally good comics would get 97-100 (A+)

For instance, I'd give AvP Prey a 92 and Civilised Beasts an 85
Scores and grades are different. But if you question a review score, go look up the review guide for whatever site you're on. They'll explain what the numbers mean.

happypred

Quote from: CONKERSBADFURDAY on Feb 01, 2015, 05:36:18 PMScores and grades are different. But if you question a review score, go look up the review guide for whatever site you're on. They'll explain what the numbers mean.

Yeah...I'm just explaining my system of scoring. I prefer to score out of 100 rather than out of 10. If I do score out of 10, I'll usually include decimals.

Vrastal

So did they just cliff hang the end? with no mention of some more possible entries in the series?

Ultramorph

Quote from: Nazrel on Feb 08, 2015, 03:45:52 AM
So did they just cliff hang the end? with no mention of some more possible entries in the series?

Can't be sure until Omega comes out on Wednesday.

Vrastal

Isnt omega just like every single fire and stone rolled together? hopefully in a timeline that makes sense cause i went back to reread and got confused in the order

Corporal Hicks

polaris1924

Hey do not come out in the uk for 2 months

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed