Real life Aliens 👽👉👈 (If Any) Thread

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Aug 02, 2020, 08:22:38 PM

Author
Real life Aliens 👽👉👈 (If Any) Thread (Read 25,662 times)

SpaceKase

Quote from: Ivan The Space Bug on Aug 06, 2020, 11:22:54 AM
I believe life is very common even within our own galaxy HOWEVER I also believe that intelligent hi-tech life is very very rare to the point I won't be surprised if we're the only one in the Milky Way so far... So that clears the Fermi Paradox for me at least!

Intriguing isn't? So one is left with a couple things to consider. Logic gate one. Is all of this bullshit or isn't it? If yes, it's bullshit, then boom conversation done, it's all fairytale lala and nothing to see here folks. Mission Accomplished.

But if it is Not Bs then... what is it? It must comform at least in some way to scientific principles and rationale, right? So, given the premise that this is a real phenomena and, likelihoods being what they are, as you say, what conclusions might be drawn?

There are no foolish answers or speculations here, we are after all on an AvP forum message board.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Ivan The Space Bug on Aug 06, 2020, 11:22:54 AM
I believe life is very common even within our own galaxy HOWEVER I also believe that intelligent hi-tech life is very very rare to the point I won't be surprised if we're the only one in the Milky Way so far... So that clears the Fermi Paradox for me at least!

Fermi's paradox, while depressing, is an interesting perspective when broaching the subject. The universe is so massive, and we have not even found a microbe beyond our planetl, let alone intelligent alien life.

As I said it is a daunting scenario, but at the same time it is interesting to try to find possible solutions to the paradox.

I think the so-called "great filters" are a possible solution.

Quote from: SpaceKase on Aug 03, 2020, 08:07:36 AM
I think there's something remarkable out there that we don't understand, I just don't think they're extraterrestrial.

Interesting. What do you suggest?

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Aug 06, 2020, 12:27:56 PM
Space music from Apollo era:

https://www.space.com/32007-alien-moon-music-apollo-10-explained.html?jwsource=cl

Apparently debunked, though still an intriguing listen.

That was a good read. I didn't know about that until now.

Also, I wonder if intelligent aliens are communicating in ways that we are not considering. I mean, maybe SETI is universally boomer. Maybe aliens don't use radio signals as their main space communication.

Huggs

I imagine aliens would use sexual activity as a form of communication.

Tichinde

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 09, 2020, 12:05:11 AM

All the facehuggers were doing was saying "Hi!"

Huggs

Huggs

Most people who get abducted by aliens seem to get a finger in their butt. I think that says something about their intentions.

PredBabe

Between the current state of affairs and the Pentagon disclosing info hinting to other worldly material being found, I'd say Scary Movie 3 did a great job predicting 2020.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CeQ_IVwQvdQ

Tichinde

this is even deeper as a conspiracy. But seeing as how the Pentagon rarely admits to anything, part of me wonders if thier confirmation stems from keeping us all distracted from the actual pandemic and isolation.

*shrugs*

SpaceKase

SpaceKase

Quote from: Tichinde on Aug 09, 2020, 12:19:17 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Aug 09, 2020, 12:05:11 AM

All the facehuggers were doing was saying "Hi!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

@Jonesy

Honestly, I think they are "we", or at the very least our cousins, far removed. I think our history is replete with strange and similar occurrences and with the advent, not only of modern media and digital technology, but of globe spanning information networks with personal access, I believe that only now are we starting to have the ability to truly sort out some signal from all the noise.

I think the reality of time around us and the nature of how it truly functions is not as homogenous as we would like to believe. As was beautifully illustrated in the film "Interstellar", albeit in extreme fashion, I think that "time" as we understand it has a direct correlation with gravity, and I think that, just as with any liquid or solid medium there exist unequal pressures, and bow shocks will emerge where those unequal pressures intersect.

I think that Earth is not homogenous in its mass distribution and that scientifically observable gravitational anomalies can and do exist in our world as a result of those unequal mass distributions. As a result, "time" itself as we experience it may not be smooth and equal as we'd like to think. It may have as much variation as the clouds and storms on Jupiter do, but perhaps on a scale that is mostly unnoticeable to us unless extraordinary circumstances arise. Like plate tectonics; the plates are always in motion acting in opposition to adjacent plates, but so slowly and on such a massive scale that us tiny humans are mostly oblivious to it, unless something happens to quake or erupt.

If, perhaps, the passage of Time behaved similarly to those massive plates then perhaps what may have begun smooth and equal is now all wrinkled up or folded-up and in on itself where those distinct regions of different time rates intersect.

I think that just as we ignore the time delays in conversations with each other until they start lagging beyond a second or so, perhaps these rifts and wrinkles go mostly unnoticed by us. Perhaps we traverse these time rifts and wrinkles as easily as we board or exit an escalator. I think reports of "ghosts" or "time slips", if they likewise exist, may be evidence of these bizarre but subtle little eddies and turbulences in spacetime.

I think once you are able to master a level of technology whereby you can create a little pocket of space time that you can slip your craft of choice into, like a Joey in a pouch, that perhaps your effective footprint in spacetime can be reduced to point at which you could, intentionally or unintentionally, traverse these rifts and folds between regions.

Perhaps those inequalities may be tiny, but also somehow cumulative. If you or I were on a road trip and we suddenly found ourselves somewhere that's lagging behind our home turf by 10,000 years, how do you think the locals would react us and our Winnebago? And how well would we interact with those fine cave and hunter/gatherer folk if we tried to stop and ask for directions? Would we even choose to interact if we could help it?

AliceApocalypse

Whether we believe him or not, he gives us much to consider:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJEsi6zNbIU

SpaceKase

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Aug 14, 2020, 12:23:19 PM
Whether we believe him or not, he gives us much to consider:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJEsi6zNbIU

Right?? Did you happen to see that video I posted up top from the body language analyst regarding the Joe Rogan Interview? Cmdr David Fravor isn't dismissive of Lazar either.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: The GuardianThe US department of Defense has formed a new body to investigate what it calls "unidentified aerial phenomena" (UAPs) to monitor reported sightings of what most people call UFOs.

The move is likely to spark wide interest in alien hunters worldwide looking for signs that humanity is not alone in the universe, although the dry language of the Pentagon's announcement of the new group belied its intent as watchers of the sky for potential first contact.

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1294628875872468992

Quote from: SpaceKase on Aug 09, 2020, 06:39:39 AM
@Jonesy

Honestly, I think they are "we", or at the very least our cousins, far removed. I think our history is replete with strange and similar occurrences and with the advent, not only of modern media and digital technology, but of globe spanning information networks with personal access, I believe that only now are we starting to have the ability to truly sort out some signal from all the noise.

I think the reality of time around us and the nature of how it truly functions is not as homogenous as we would like to believe. As was beautifully illustrated in the film "Interstellar", albeit in extreme fashion, I think that "time" as we understand it has a direct correlation with gravity, and I think that, just as with any liquid or solid medium there exist unequal pressures, and bow shocks will emerge where those unequal pressures intersect.

I think that Earth is not homogenous in its mass distribution and that scientifically observable gravitational anomalies can and do exist in our world as a result of those unequal mass distributions. As a result, "time" itself as we experience it may not be smooth and equal as we'd like to think. It may have as much variation as the clouds and storms on Jupiter do, but perhaps on a scale that is mostly unnoticeable to us unless extraordinary circumstances arise. Like plate tectonics; the plates are always in motion acting in opposition to adjacent plates, but so slowly and on such a massive scale that us tiny humans are mostly oblivious to it, unless something happens to quake or erupt.

If, perhaps, the passage of Time behaved similarly to those massive plates then perhaps what may have begun smooth and equal is now all wrinkled up or folded-up and in on itself where those distinct regions of different time rates intersect.

I think that just as we ignore the time delays in conversations with each other until they start lagging beyond a second or so, perhaps these rifts and wrinkles go mostly unnoticed by us. Perhaps we traverse these time rifts and wrinkles as easily as we board or exit an escalator. I think reports of "ghosts" or "time slips", if they likewise exist, may be evidence of these bizarre but subtle little eddies and turbulences in spacetime.

I think once you are able to master a level of technology whereby you can create a little pocket of space time that you can slip your craft of choice into, like a Joey in a pouch, that perhaps your effective footprint in spacetime can be reduced to point at which you could, intentionally or unintentionally, traverse these rifts and folds between regions.

Perhaps those inequalities may be tiny, but also somehow cumulative. If you or I were on a road trip and we suddenly found ourselves somewhere that's lagging behind our home turf by 10,000 years, how do you think the locals would react us and our Winnebago? And how well would we interact with those fine cave and hunter/gatherer folk if we tried to stop and ask for directions? Would we even choose to interact if we could help it?

Can you imagine that your God, dragon, goblin, whatever; was your great great great great great great great great great grand son from a distant future?

But seriously, it's an interesting idea. And I liked how the concept was handled in Interstellar.

Kradan

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Aug 16, 2020, 10:55:42 PM
Can you imagine that your God, dragon, goblin, whatever; was your great great great great great great great great great grand son from a distant future?

https://i.ibb.co/jbqKhxh/4bmza5.gif

But seriously, it's an interesting idea. And I liked how the concept was handled in Interstellar.

Of course I created the God. All hail to me  8)

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Nikola Tesla had a "flying saucer" patent:

There is speculation that what was found in Roswell in the 1950's was failed engineering of his design.

426Buddy

Tesla was a beast, hard to fathom such intelligence.

SpaceKase

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Aug 19, 2020, 06:38:12 PM
Nikola Tesla had a "flying saucer" patent:

http://www.greenenergyjubilation.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/818/2015/06/Teslas-Flying-Saucer.jpg

https://www.quertime.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/nikola-tesla-flying-machine.jpg

There is speculation that what was found in Roswell in the 1950's was failed engineering of his design.

I'm having trouble finding where this comes from aside from Pinterest, have you got any reliable sources for this?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed