Chestburster Puppet Project

Started by Burn the Floor, Jun 18, 2016, 11:19:58 PM

Author
Chestburster Puppet Project (Read 1,149 times)

Burn the Floor

Burn the Floor

Thought I'd give you guys a look at my latest project since it's pertinent to this community. I've been working on methods of producing special effects on a budget, and I hit on a really cheap and simple way to make an "animatronic" (doesn't include any electronics, it's completely analog) tentacle puppet, using a one dollar foam pool noodle. Once I had the mechanism down I decided to go the extra mile and make an actual puppet. So here's what I've got so far of the process:

Spoiler

The basic tentacle mechanism

Sculpting the head

Current status
[close]

SiL

SiL

Sweet! So it's a wire-operated puppet, basically? Smart thinking with the articulated pool noodle.

Burn the Floor

Indeed it is, I actually started out trying to use steel wire for the cables, but you can't use something that rigid when the main body is foam. So I've ended up using twine instead.

chainsawsquirrel

nice, wtf is the head made of? o.O honestly looks like pastry dough

SiL

SiL

Model Magic, according to the picture.

Are you going to cast a latex skin for it?

Burn the Floor

Yup it is model magic, and I'm going super low budget so I'm not gonna be doing a latex skin, I'll actually be using stretchable fabric or thin rubber

Corporal Hicks

Looking good, Burn. Looking forward to seeing more as you go on.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed