New xeno design: Physaliamorph

Started by chainsawsquirrel, Apr 10, 2016, 04:35:37 PM

Author
New xeno design: Physaliamorph (Read 1,406 times)

chainsawsquirrel

chainsawsquirrel

Hi guys, been bored and also really hyped about Alien: Covenant+wishing for Alien: Isolation 2. So i decided I wanted to make a new xenomorph.

I'm not nearly as talented or patient as some of the other guys on this forum, but I'm pleased enough with it anyway.
Here's just the head (I've yet to draw the body). I'm calling it the Physaliamorph, named after the portugese man o' war jellyfish (Physalia Physalis) because of the resemblance I feel that it shares with it. Personally, I think it looks disgusting, which was kind of the idea :)

EDIT: I've now finished the body :) One with no dorsal tubes, and one with just a single dorsal tube. Wasn't sure which was better.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Interesting take on it! Did you go into this with specific design goals on your new take?

chainsawsquirrel

chainsawsquirrel

Well, I meant it to look different to this before I started drawing it. The crest was meant to look more like a ridged tube, ended up looking more like this thing https://zooaroundtheworld.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/xxport-1.jpg. But it was a happy mistake, I think it looks better this way than what I had in mind to begin with. At the end of the day, it was meant to look disgusting, one way or another.

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

nice line work! I would suggest buying some printing paper for sketches, or buy a sketch book both you can get at a local dollar general or walmarts.

chainsawsquirrel

chainsawsquirrel

Thnx :) But no wallmarts or dollar generals where I live :P I was originally gonna do it on printer paper, but then I thought I should do a first draft on some crappy line paper, then re-iterate on printer paper later. But i'm lazy, so couldn't be bothered with drawing it all again XD Have you noticed the chest, sides & tail is actually a modified facehugger?

Btw, what do u mean by line work?

Nostromo

Nostromo

Nice one.

Born Of Cold Light

That's pretty cool; it kind of reminds me of the Alien 3 concept art.

cyperon

cyperon

Very cool. I love how its so emaciated and the head design is rad

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed