Fan Reviews

Started by ikarop, Feb 07, 2013, 03:27:34 PM

Author
Fan Reviews (Read 220,008 times)

Bjørn Half-hand

Bjørn Half-hand

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Feb 16, 2013, 08:25:59 PM
Oh, I assumed the demo everyone was referring as being so different from the game was readily available. I haven't paid much attention to the game up to now really as I wasn't into another FPS.

For me that's why this whole debacle is so sad; it is just another FPS. It was hailed as so much more by the devs.

RazorSlash

RazorSlash

We're referring to the gameplay demo that was shown off at E3.

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

didn't you know demos hurt sales lol. Because it allows people to try crap before they spend their hard earned money on it. This industry is slowly turning into crap

Bjørn Half-hand

Bjørn Half-hand

Quote from: Guts on Feb 16, 2013, 08:39:49 PM
didn't you know demos hurt sales lol. Because it allows people to try crap before they spend their hard earned money on it. This industry is slowly turning into crap

Yep review embargoes (at least this time some gamers got the game early so we got a heads up, just think if they hadn't, we wouldn't have found out how terrible this game was until release day) and no demos, not good for consumers.
I won't buy any game on launch day now. No review, no demo, no launch day purchases from me.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Guts on Feb 16, 2013, 08:39:49 PM

Guts, that set. :D

Hubbs

Hubbs

So judging by all the threads this game isn't very good?  :o

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Hubbs on Feb 17, 2013, 06:03:52 AM
So judging by all the threads this game isn't very good?  :o

If you've been reading everything then you would know the answer by now.

Hubbs

Hubbs

I haven't read them all, gimme the gist of it ;)

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Hubbs on Feb 17, 2013, 07:43:51 AM

Just press 'play'. It's easier this way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGX2WE4QUw8#ws

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

1. Basically being given horrible reviews.

2. Complaints about the A.I. being awful

3. Gearbox apparently outsourced the game to at least two other companies, some say three.

4. The demo we saw in 2011 is not in the game, doesn't look anything like it, the Alien A.I. is actually better there, the personality of the marines actually show up in the demo while in the actual game they are devoid of life, especially when they have no facial animation. The entire demo, despite Randy saying that it was in the game, was a fabrication made for E3.

5. The story is horrendous

6. One character who makes their appearance, even though dying one the films just waves off their apparent "revival"

7. The game takes but a few hours to finish, some as quick as 4 hours.

8. The game has no suspense, the Aliens just bum rush you, they hardly use their environments as in previous games.

9. You fight humans in this game - most of the game takes place fighting people - essentially becoming a typical shooter that we all see every day.

10. The Aliens are only solely focused on for at least three missions.

12. The whole canonical issue

There's probably more, but even I don't look into every thread.

Nightlord

Nightlord

Quote from: ShadowPred on Feb 17, 2013, 07:55:11 AM

1. Basically being given horrible reviews.

2. Complaints about the A.I. being awful

3. Gearbox apparently outsourced the game to at least two other companies, some say three.

4. The demo we saw in 2011 is not in the game, doesn't look anything like it, the Alien A.I. is actually better there, the personality of the marines actually show up in the demo while in the actual game they are devoid of life, especially when they have no facial animation. The entire demo, despite Randy saying that it was in the game, was a fabrication made for E3.

5. The story is horrendous

6. One character who makes their appearance, even though dying one the films just waves off their apparent "revival"

7. The game takes but a few hours to finish, some as quick as 4 hours.

8. The game has no suspense, the Aliens just bum rush you, they hardly use their environments as in previous games.

9. You fight humans in this game - most of the game takes place fighting people - essentially becoming a typical shooter that we all see every day.

10. The Aliens are only solely focused on for at least three missions.

12. The whole canonical issue

There's probably more, but even I don't look into every thread.
The glitches.
There is enough in this game for someone to make a youtube series called glitchhunter.

XenoGauge

XenoGauge

Has anyone seen this fan review on Amazon...

QuotePeople seem to have jumped on the hate band wagon..., 14 Feb 2013
By Bazza= Fun: 
This review is from: Aliens: Colonial Marines: Limited Edition (PS3) (Video Game)
Well after reading the reviews and watching videos mocking on the net I had little hope for this game.
I then heard it tied in with the movies so i fancied to see how they put it across. And to my surprise I really enjoyed this game! After reading review after review, i was expecting something really bad.... And trust me its not a bad game infact its very good. It feels like you are in the movie Aliens, the sounds the music and the atmosphere, yes there is a few glitchs here and there it does not spoil the game what so ever. I felt I had to put this review up to give the game a fair crack, because all the so called critisism that this game has been getting is not called for. I suggest you buy the game and make your own minds, because I nearly didnt. All I can think is that its cool to hate (get off the band wagon). If you love first person shooters you will love this game ...

I mean, what the hell... this guy must work for gearbox?!

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

I'm not one to get mad that people like the game, of course, but to claim that it's "like Aliens.." I mean, what exactly was it like watching that movie for you? Colonial Marines makes me feel more like I'm in a B-movie version of "The Rock"..

Do you remember dudes running down hallways mowing down hundreds of dim-witted Aliens who could barely manage their way around the place?

Or all kinds of ridiculous plot holes that aren't even addressed? Or a handful of strange, freakish, and very ridiculous looking Alien variants running around, again with no explanation? Or the marines fighting a few companies worth of corporate mercenaries?

How in the hell does it make you feel like you're in "Aliens" unless you watched that movie when you were 8 years old and didn't understand much to any of the 'finer points' of the film outside of teh sweet gunz and dem alienz...

Elicas

Elicas

Quote from: RagingDragon on Feb 17, 2013, 06:55:52 PM
I'm not one to get mad that people like the game, of course, but to claim that it's "like Aliens.." I mean, what exactly was it like watching that movie for you? Colonial Marines makes me feel more like I'm in a B-movie version of "The Rock"..

Do you remember dudes running down hallways mowing down hundreds of dim-witted Aliens who could barely manage their way around the place?

Or all kinds of ridiculous plot holes that aren't even addressed? Or a handful of strange, freakish, and very ridiculous looking Alien variants running around, again with no explanation? Or the marines fighting a few companies worth of corporate mercenaries?

How in the hell does it make you feel like you're in "Aliens" unless you watched that movie when you were 8 years old and didn't understand much to any of the 'finer points' of the film outside of teh sweet gunz and dem alienz...

But that's who the game is obviously marketed at mate, same as Gearbox and Randy Pitchford have proved themselves to be.

They're not Aliens fans, they're fans of Hudson from the first twenty minutes after they awake from Cryo.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed