Fan Reviews

Started by ikarop, Feb 07, 2013, 03:27:34 PM

Author
Fan Reviews (Read 220,927 times)

SM

SM

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Feb 14, 2013, 06:44:48 PM
What I'm most afraid of is the fact it might be very difficult to tie in any aliens-related games to the existing universe from now on.

How so?

Ain't nobody going to want to hitch their wagon to A:CM.

szkoki

szkoki

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Feb 14, 2013, 06:44:48 PM
What I'm most afraid of is the fact it might be very difficult to tie in any aliens-related games to the existing universe from now on.

screw the existing universe...avp 2 was good as an independent decent story for me...even though it was nothing magical, it was simple as it has to be

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Valaquen on Feb 14, 2013, 02:28:12 PM
Honestly, when Cameron fetishised the Marines and their weaponry in the film, you can see that he's doing it to set the Marines up to fall, and for a first time viewer you almost believe that they'll be able to at least stand their ground - which they don't. This game misses that completely.

This. I cannot express hard enough how I repeatedly wanted this sentiment needed to be rammed into the developers' minds, right from the very start.

Mister T

Mister T

Gearbox is definitely feeling the wrath of the disappointed fan...  though they really don't seem to care too much.

Their forum is full - FULL - of complaints about how bad the story is and how poorly the game plays.

SM

SM

They resurrect a formerly vapourised colony and someone who recently visited it.

Anyone who expected a good story after that was delusional.

winter 223

winter 223

I bout the game the day it came out and beat it with in 10 hours witch for me is the only thing i can do because the PS3 i use wont hook up to the net hot spot i have all in all playing this game was fun i just wish they didn't make it so short or put the time line after the second movie.

SM

SM

The timeline is after the second movie.  It's also after the third.

There's precious little time to set anything substantial after Aliens, before Alien3 begins.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Honestly, if the game devs and companies are so fixated on developing Colonial Marines shooters over and over, why not mix it up? Consult with Fox and then do a CM game like the CM property I've always imagined in my head: Marines doing something other than fighting the ultra-rare aliens of LV-426.

We always spec about what else these Marines get up to for regular service, and we never see it. The most we have to go on are a few lines in Aliens and an old RPG sourcebook. Even the old Dark Horse comic is just "more aliens and Vasquez's sister lol". Do they encounter other extraterrestrials or not? Do they put down colony uprisings? Terrorists? What? If they really wanted to interest me in the f**king Marines, they'd do a game showing what the USCM actually get up to in a normal tour of duty.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

No. That would completely ruin the point of the game being set in the Aliens universe... why have them face against terrorists when every other modern shooter does that? There should be few to zero human enemies in a Colonial Marine game.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Fine, but that begs the question of the sheer implausibility of doing at least a half-dozen games where the Colonial Marines keep running into the f**king aliens over and over and over. There's a reason I couldn't give a shit about any more CM shoot-em-ups.

SM

SM

A mission involving something other than Aliens could be a place to start, but after that lots of Aliens plz.

Maybe they go to some colony to take on a terrorist cell only to find WY has dropped a few eggs off to take them out itself as well as observe what happens.  Carnage ensues.

Call it Aliens : Urban Pacification.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

'Arcturian Nightmare: Operation STD'

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

It's a dating sim courtesy of Atlus.

Cabo Grake69

Cabo Grake69

Hi everyone

Though I´ve not finished the game (I´ve only completed 5 missions of the SP), I think It´s time for me to share my personal opinion with you. I´ll try to explain myself as good as my english skills allows me...be awared of the language issues.

First of all I´d like to give you some context; I´m a fan like you. I´ve been playing for years to AVP and other "Alien related games". Needless to say that I also enjoy the films in a way only you can imagine. The day the game came out, I bought  for it my PS3. I was really excited and I wanted it to be great.

Having saind that, let´s start with the review: Words can not express how dissapointed I am. In previous post I read someone saying something about "It´ s our duty as players to let people know we´ve been deceived". Those fans  also mentioned that we are entitled to complain, for this game is an insult to us (not only to us as fans but also as costumers). Well, right now I can say They were absolutelly right. I couldnt agree more with their statements for there is no possible way to defend this game.

At the begining (I mean, during the first minutes of the first mission) I thought to myself "well, grafics are dated but I´ll be able to cope with it". But that impression dissapeared as soon as aliens started moving. That was the moment in which I realised how wrong things were. The game feels so broken, so incompleted...

Since a picture is worth a thousand words, I´ll refer to the video in which differences between the E3 DEMO and the actual game are showed. That´s how Gearbox have treated us; just like if we were stupid. I can imagine Pitchford laughing and saying "oh, lets make another video saying how good this piece of crap is, those suckers are buying it anyway!" 

The mayor crime this game commits is that It´s continually displaying the potencial this franchise has. I found myself thinking "oh if they had done this and that the game would be amazing...". Hell, I must confess I really enjoyed the raven mission! (as a matter of fact I think It´s the only thing that safes the game for getting lowers reviews). But that´s the thing! I found myself doing efforts to like the game, and that´s unacceptable.

The multiplayers is fun but again, I cant help but think Im just enjoying it because of my love to aliens. What would be the opinion of those who do not share that feeling?.

I could go on forever, but Im afraid Im just repeating what others have said. To sump up, It´s a pitty... and a shame. I cant stop thinking... How long will we have to wait until a good alien game? Maybe ACM has killed the last opportunity we had...Damn you Gearbox, Damn you Sega or whoever the hell was responsible of this!

teras

teras

Quote from: Mister T on Feb 15, 2013, 02:09:58 AM
Gearbox is definitely feeling the wrath of the disappointed fan...  though they really don't seem to care too much.

Their forum is full - FULL - of complaints about how bad the story is and how poorly the game plays.

It's also full of apologists saying things like "It's a bussiness and Randy had to sell it" or "Demos don't represent the final game" and stuff like that. God, these people disgust me  :o

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed