Fan Reviews

Started by ikarop, Feb 07, 2013, 03:27:34 PM

Author
Fan Reviews (Read 220,008 times)

Elicas

Elicas

Quote from: DB on Feb 13, 2013, 11:20:27 PM
The law of "all dropship pilots must be women".

Just pointing it out, that started with Heinlein in the Starship Troopers book from 1059, he makes the argument in the book that male and female brains are quite different when it comes to the mental capacity of space flight. The majority of the Navy are female mathematicians.

I'm pretty sure the Marines in Aliens pretty much come straight out of his book in many places.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Feb 14, 2013, 11:03:34 AM
And if you haven't had any problems with wall walking you're very, very lucky.
Or he's bullshiting because the wall walk is absolutely horrible, it's not even close to being okay.

LogansFolly

LogansFolly

Quote from: Cal427eb on Feb 14, 2013, 12:02:55 PM
Or he's bullshiting because the wall walk is absolutely horrible, it's not even close to being okay.

Thanks for that... i can promise you i'm not. It's okay.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

I've decided that I'm not getting this. I'm getting Far Cry 3 instead.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: LogansFolly on Feb 14, 2013, 12:06:04 PM
Quote from: Cal427eb on Feb 14, 2013, 12:02:55 PM

Thanks for that... i can promise you i'm not. It's okay.
No... it's not. All of the controls are broken for the Alien. It can almost be unplayable at times.

Elicas

Elicas

Quote from: Dovahkiin on Feb 14, 2013, 12:17:12 PM
I've decided that I'm not getting this. I'm getting Far Cry 3 instead.

Good choice, awesome game. Pirated it to try it out, played for about an hour and a half, rushed out and bought a copy for myself, my brother and my wife.

That. f**king. Good.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I disagree with it having bad controls. I can dominate as an alien.

Yep, I've been playing multiplayer now. In one game I got 20 kills and 6 deaths as an alien soldier. I found that as an alien it's only a matter of using your brain. Also the spitter isn't as bad as I thought it'd be, I used it when doing the challenge in which you had to kill 10 enemies with acid spit, I got some 1 shot kills in there. I feel I need to understand the lurker more, especially if I need to pounce 3 enemies within 10 seconds. I've been a boiler once, may be ugly but poetic when it comes to damage. I still need to try out the Crusher, I've seen it done but I never seem to get the chance.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Feb 14, 2013, 01:07:37 PM

Yep, I've been playing multiplayer now. In one game I got 20 kills and 6 deaths as an alien soldier. I found that as an alien it's only a matter of using your brain. Also the spitter isn't as bad as I thought it'd be, I used it when doing the challenge in which you had to kill 10 enemies with acid spit, I got some 1 shot kills in there. I feel I need to understand the lurker more, especially if I need to pounce 3 enemies within 10 seconds. I've been a boiler once, may be ugly but poetic when it comes to damage. I still need to try out the Crusher, I've seen it done but I never seem to get the chance.
It doesn't matter whether or not you can be successful the controls are still bad. Even with the horrible controls I would often have 2.0 K/D but the controls were still aggravating as hell. If the wall walk actually worked you could get so many more kills.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I believe that if I can do so well then the controls couldn't possibly be so bad as made out to be. Controls never even occurred to me until someone brought it up.

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: Cal427eb on Feb 14, 2013, 01:15:49 PM

It doesn't matter whether or not you can be successful the controls are still bad. Even with the horrible controls I would often have 2.0 K/D but the controls were still aggravating as hell. If the wall walk actually worked you could get so many more kills.

Well, bad or not, Rich and I seem to be f**king shit up with Aliens. And, I must be the only one who can wall climb worth a damn in this game. Only a few times has it got aggrivating. And, Cal, I know you only played it for, like, one day.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Prime113 on Feb 14, 2013, 01:23:19 PM

Well, bad or not, Rich and I seem to be f**king shit up with Aliens. And, I must be the only one who can wall climb worth a damn in this game. Only a few times has it got aggrivating. And, Cal, I know you only played it for, like, one day.
It started out aggravating, but once you know what your doing it gets better and easier to wall climb.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Well, bad or not, Rich and I seem to be f**king shit up with Aliens.

Your inherent sissiness cast a dubious shadow on this.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Here's Angry Joe's review of the game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGX2WE4QUw8#ws

He give it a 4/10

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

It was actually for two days  ::) and I got a good 6 hours out of it. So why does it matter how long I had it for?

Valaquen

Valaquen

I'm on the sewers level. Right now the biggest crime this game commits, that I can quickly summarise, is that it's boring. I stopped playing yesterday to do the dishes. The thought of revisiting Hadley's Hope is better than the reality - it comes across as overly familiar and derivative, and you spend all your time trying to shake off the incredulity that the colony survived.

Honestly, when Cameron fetishised the Marines and their weaponry in the film, you can see that he's doing it to set the Marines up to fall, and for a first time viewer you almost believe that they'll be able to at least stand their ground - which they don't. This game misses that completely.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed