Fan Reviews

Started by ikarop, Feb 07, 2013, 03:27:34 PM

Author
Fan Reviews (Read 220,484 times)

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Bugnubbinz on Feb 14, 2013, 03:57:03 AM
Quote from: Cal427eb on Feb 14, 2013, 03:34:32 AM
Quote from: Bugnubbinz on Feb 14, 2013, 03:31:48 AMI just get fed up with the lack of support that so many fans show, and it feels like a lot of people are unwilling to look past minor imperfections a lot of the time.
This game has WAAAYYY worse than minor imperfections. The game is broken.
I know, I'm not saying it doesn't. I just meant I was sick of people griping about graphics (seriously, they weren't god-awful or unplayably bad graphics, just...lackluster).
They're f**king horrible.  :-\

I'm not even a graphics kinda guy but if everything else is just as bad or worse of course I'm going to complain about it. It wouldn't be a problem if the gameplay was solid.

Bugnubbinz

Bugnubbinz

Quote from: Cal427eb on Feb 14, 2013, 04:10:45 AM
Quote from: Bugnubbinz on Feb 14, 2013, 03:57:03 AM
Quote from: Cal427eb on Feb 14, 2013, 03:34:32 AM
Quote from: Bugnubbinz on Feb 14, 2013, 03:31:48 AMI just get fed up with the lack of support that so many fans show, and it feels like a lot of people are unwilling to look past minor imperfections a lot of the time.
This game has WAAAYYY worse than minor imperfections. The game is broken.
I know, I'm not saying it doesn't. I just meant I was sick of people griping about graphics (seriously, they weren't god-awful or unplayably bad graphics, just...lackluster).
They're f**king horrible.  :-\

I'm not even a graphics kinda guy but if everything else is just as bad or worse of course I'm going to complain about it. It wouldn't be a problem if the gameplay was solid.

Eh, fair enough. Agree to disagree on that one. I didn't have that big a problem with the graphics or the gameplay (outside of multiplayer). I mean, neither one was anything special for this generation of gaming, but it wasn't a deal-breaker for me.

Skulexander

Skulexander

I got bored with SP pretty quick. I haven't even finished it. MP, on the other hand, is quite enjoyable. Playing as the marines kind of bores me (personal taste, probably), but it sure is fun playing as the xenomorphs and trying to get the hang of them. I like the customization options for them too, although I haven't unlocked much yet. All-in-all, it sure was disappointing after all the hype the game was given, but I still am enjoying it. The MP. It'll be a lot better soon as they fix the bugs.

I personally believe there could be a MP Alien game that has the proper feel of the movies instead of a more basic shooter game. It just needs to be done right. For instance, the environment would need to be darker and harder to see in. For the marines, anyway. The maps would need to be a lot more closed-in, so the marines can't go out in the open and wait for the xenomorphs to come out at them so they could easily gun them down. This is especially true for outdoor maps. There would need to be a lot more nooks and crannies for the xenomorphs to crawl through, so they could sneak up on the marines. It just needs to be done so that the people playing the xenomorphs can rely on stealth to defeat the marines, and the marines feel a sense of dread and need to be constantly vigilant. And the xenomorphs should outnumber the marines in versus mode, instead of having even teams.

Mister T

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Effectz on Feb 13, 2013, 04:45:06 PM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dPF8jpItCs

Best thing to come out of the game.

This is so f**king sad...I...god damn it. The only time I laughed was when they showed the Wii-U footage, I had to hold my mouth closed from laughing so damn hard.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

think there are a lot of drama queens on here when it comes to the graphics, they're not the best but they get the job done and even look good in some sections. the exterior of the derelict is impressive if you take the time to look

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Feb 14, 2013, 06:05:40 AM
think there are a lot of drama queens on here when it comes to the graphics, they're not the best but they get the job done and even look good in some sections. the exterior of the derelict is impressive if you take the time to look

You kidding me? The graphics are the LEAST of the games problems.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

That Wii U footage can't be real. It looks like the Jaguar game.

Nightlord

Nightlord

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Feb 14, 2013, 06:12:23 AM
That Wii U footage can't be real. It looks like the Jaguar game.
Oh it's quite real alright, Gearbox just outsourced it to Monolith.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Feb 14, 2013, 06:11:10 AM

well thats what most people are focusing on. the boring story and the ai are the only real problems, but you get the same thing with COD games. bugs ad glitches can be ironed over time if SEGA and gearbox want to stump up the money for further patches

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Feb 14, 2013, 06:17:14 AM

well thats what most people are focusing on. the boring story and the ai are the only real problems, but you get the same thing with COD games. bugs ad glitches can be ironed over time if SEGA and gearbox want to stump up the money for further patches

I can't even reply to this. You keep living in that dream world. This game sucks dude. This is coming from a guy (me) who was DYING for the game to succeed and be solid, not great or even very good.

This game sucks.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Feb 14, 2013, 06:21:17 AM

I can't even reply to this. You keep living in that dream world. This game sucks dude. This is coming from a guy (me) who was DYING for the game to succeed and be solid, not great or even very good.

This game sucks.

i have literaly never said this game was a 'dream game'. too many people are busting all kinds of nuts because they thought they were going to be able to relive the film. when it came to CM i was one of the few that was realistic in that it wasnt going to be the game everyone wished for. i had no expectations for this game so i can look past its flaws and enjoy it for a couple months, i sympathise with you pal. remember to keep your feet on the ground next time, things seem better that way

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Feb 14, 2013, 06:27:03 AM

This game sucks.

i have literaly never said this game was a 'dream game'. too many people are busting all kinds of nuts because they thought they were going to be able to relive the film. when it came to CM i was one of the few that was realistic in that it wasnt going to be the game everyone wished for. i had no expectations for this game so i can look past its flaws and enjoy it for a couple months, i sympathise with you pal. remember to keep your feet on the ground next time, things seem better that way

W/E dude. You act like I was expecting the best game ever. I was just going by the 2011 E3 footage and the fact that Pitchfraud sold us a game that he kept telling us would be phenomenal.

Go enjoy your shitty game. I will buy the next game when the reviews are higher than the average score of 4.7.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Feb 14, 2013, 06:30:12 AM
Quote from: hfeldhaus on Feb 14, 2013, 06:27:03 AM

This game sucks.

W/E dude. You act like I was expecting the best game ever. I was just going by the 2011 E3 footage and the fact that Pitchfraud sold us a game that he kept telling us would be phenomenal.

Go enjoy your shitty game. I will buy the next game when the reviews are higher than the average score of 4.7.

well your moaning sure sounds like you did expect that. never heard someone this butthurt. your too gullible, he was hardly ever going to say that the game hes making is glitchy as hell, has a bad storyline and out dated graphics. dont you worry im enjoying not wasting a lot of my money very much

LastSonofWhat

LastSonofWhat

I think I may get the game just to record my reactions. Mind you not just my verbal reactions, I want to do it for science. I'll record my emotional, physical, and mental reactions. If I should die during the gameplay, someone tell them my story.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed