Fan Reviews

Started by ikarop, Feb 07, 2013, 03:27:34 PM

Author
Fan Reviews (Read 220,517 times)

Dusk

Dusk

I wonder, will enough people be around for it to matter? I'll get it eventually, when I can get it for less than $20. But by that time, how many copies will be collecting dust, or will have been traded in?

Bjørn Half-hand

Bjørn Half-hand

Quote from: ShadowPred on Feb 13, 2013, 06:03:08 PM
Gearbox should definitely focus on supporting this game in order to show that they care. If they just shrug this off and move on to the next thing, then you know they don't give a shit as a developer, they will have shown that they don't own up to their mistakes and don't really care about their work in the slightest.

No idea how much support Gearbox will give this game in terms of patches etc but I'll be interested to see Randy's reactions to the all mighty kicking this games getting, remember how defensive he was about Duke Nukem (sounded downright bitter).
I'm not saying he shouldn't be upset about peoples reactions just making an ibservation re his reactions to Duke's bad reception.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Dusk on Feb 13, 2013, 06:11:36 PM
I wonder, will enough people be around for it to matter? I'll get it eventually, when I can get it for less than $20. But by that time, how many copies will be collecting dust, or will have been traded in?

Probably a lot. I myself am not even going to get this game anymore, not even for cheap or used. I'm not wasting my time and money on a game that has nothing to offer.

Dusk

Dusk

Quote from: ShadowPred on Feb 13, 2013, 06:21:25 PM
Probably a lot. I myself am not even going to get this game anymore, not even for cheap or used. I'm not wasting my time and money on a game that has nothing to offer.

Wow... now that I've seen this, I think I'm right there with you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z2qVebxlUo#ws

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

give it a rent, its not the greatest game but its worth a try over a weekend

HappyAlien

HappyAlien

i've noticed that most of the people defending this game have less than ten posts on AVP Galaxy. Did Gearbox ask its employees to join this sight in the last 24 hours to defend the game or something?

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: HappyAlien on Feb 13, 2013, 06:27:32 PM
i've noticed that most of the people defending this game have less than ten posts on AVP Galaxy. Did Gearbox ask its employees to join this sight in the last 24 hours to defend the game or something?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfAm38GPsGw#

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Dusk on Feb 13, 2013, 06:25:15 PM

Yep, a couple of days ago I was looking at screenshots, and how the DEMO footage is far more incredible than the actual game. To be honest, people really need to sue the shit out of these guys. The only time that something like this should happen, the clear night and day differences, are very early in development. Take a look at Halo 2, the first teaser they had for it with the all the shadows and everything, NONE of that was in the actual game...and Bungie knew that it was because very early in development, they just had good ideas that wouldn't really be in the actual game. I don't think Gearbox has any f**king excuse...6 years is more than enough time to know that they wouldn't be able to fit everything they wanted.

This video you linked is further proof to me that Gearbox honestly made a terrible game on purpose...but strictly speaking on VISUALS, they honestly just made a proff of concept, I really do believe that what they showed in the DEMO was simply something to show that the game wasn't dead yet...I...I don't think I can say anymore right now...this game is truly a f**king mess.

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Feb 13, 2013, 06:26:02 PM

Not going to spend a penny on this game. Only time I'll ever play this game is if someone gives it to me as a gift, or I end up snatching it for free.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Quote from: ShadowPred on Feb 13, 2013, 06:33:35 PM

Yep, a couple of days ago I was looking at screenshots, and how the DEMO footage is far more incredible than the actual game. To be honest, people really need to sue the shit out of these guys. The only time that something like this should happen, the clear night and day differences, are very early in development. Take a look at Halo 2, the first teaser they had for it with the all the shadows and everything, NONE of that was in the actual game...and Bungie knew that it was because very early in development, they just had good ideas that wouldn't really be in the actual game. I don't think Gearbox has any f**king excuse...6 years is more than enough time to know that they wouldn't be able to fit everything they wanted.

This video you linked is further proof to me that Gearbox honestly made a terrible game on purpose...but strictly speaking on VISUALS, they honestly just made a proff of concept, I really do believe that what they showed in the DEMO was simply something to show that the game wasn't dead yet...I...I don't think I can say anymore right now...this game is truly a f**king mess.

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Feb 13, 2013, 06:26:02 PM

Not going to spend a penny on this game. Only time I'll ever play this game is if someone gives it to me as a gift, or I end up snatching it for free.

Fair does. cant really blame you, its enjoyable but not the game it should be. i signed up for the game that was shown in the demo footage

Elicas

Elicas

Quote from: cursedMonk on Feb 13, 2013, 05:53:03 PM
I Dont see why a patch then, looking at the day one patch notes it dosent look like its impossible to clean up some of the AI and glitches. As far as graphics goes they are sufficient, if crysis2 can develop a texture pack and DX11 support i'm sure gearbox can, whether they will is another question.

I guess i'm just not so bent out of shape about it, i'm having fun playing it, but I realize that's my own "for whatever is worth" opinion.

So they'll patch it in then, having had a kicking and more than likely lost money on the project. How many patches would it take to get there? Half a dozen, at $40,000 a pop. Say it takes 5 patches to get where (campaign, MP, DX10/11 optimisations, HD texture pack, bug fixes) the game should be. That's $200,000 out of their margins to spend on updating a game the vast majority of people hate. Plus the cost of actually developing the patches.

You really thing that'll happen, or do you think you'll get the most cursory of updates, fix the most amount of problems they can in the fewest amount of patches to save money (most likely one large patch) and then push DLC out the door ASAP.

My money is on the later.

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Of course, you got me wrong... I play all those games you mentioned, and this game is not that but guess what, it is not supposed to be on par with those! You are trying to compare games that first of all, have had far more resources and money and man power put into them! And those companies have the best programmers and people for the job! Gearbox is not Crytek, nor Ubisoft Montreal and it is not Infinity Ward or Treyarch! So, I think and still think that you can't compare this game with those! if you do, that explains why you can't enjoy little games like these! And I say 'little' compared to the ones you mentioned!

Like I said, I enjoyed it enough and the graphics were good enough for me to enjoy the game!

Cheers!

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/1119412561936112939/30985D7CF5F68EE9E18E8D1BF49067B53B8A2668/

So this is a screenshot from my game... where are these horrible graphics people are talking about. May I add that steams screenshot system lowers the res a bit so it actually looks even better than that!

Oh and this is the only glitch thing I have come across!
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/1119412561936123010/247C7DC377D29976F45A6E7BD04EBD1D63F61F37/

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

The universe has bestowed Uncanny with a great gift...a not so terrible looking game...it seems the rest of the people are truly the 99.9%

Wish everyone had the same awesome looking game, but that ain't gonna happen.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

The PC version has less glitches than the console ones.

Elicas

Elicas

Quote from: Uncanny Psycho on Feb 13, 2013, 06:59:46 PM
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/1119412561936112939/30985D7CF5F68EE9E18E8D1BF49067B53B8A2668/

So this is a screenshot from my game... where are these horrible graphics people are talking about. May I add that steams screenshot system lowers the res a bit so it actually looks even better than that!

Oh and this is the only glitch thing I have come across!
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/1119412561936123010/247C7DC377D29976F45A6E7BD04EBD1D63F61F37/

You really think that's 'good' graphics?

This was three years ago, and at least several scales clearer and better defined. You're defending the undefendable.

Allow me to direct you to:

This game looks like garbage.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed