Fan Reviews

Started by ikarop, Feb 07, 2013, 03:27:34 PM

Author
Fan Reviews (Read 218,790 times)

alekss

alekss

My answer is short i like this game. Graphic good, sounds good, gameplay good. So far i enjoy playing the game.  :)

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

The level of denial is so enormous it's not even funny. But in the end this exact psychological mechanism that drives you to the denial and excuses is very well documented, it always goes to the stage of making constant excuses to repress initial expectations to make yourself feel better. Make no mistake, from the get-go this has been marketed as the AAA title by both SEGA and Gearbox themselves, up until December 2012. And this was the expectation of majority of the fans as well. I mean, why else would they be waiting for more than 6 years?

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Feb 13, 2013, 08:23:58 AM
The level of denial is so enormous it's not even funny. But in the end this exact psychological mechanism that drives you to the denial and excuses is very well documented, it always goes to the stage of making constant excuses to repress initial expectations to make yourself feel better.

A difference of opinion on enjoyment in a videogame dictates denial? Nice two-bit presumption clearly based on several years of clinical psychological studies run by such an esteemed psychologist such as yourself.

Got any more advice for us, life coach?

SiL

SiL

No; agreeing with a comment that states the game was never marketed as anything other than mediocre dictates denial. They were clearly gearing this up as hot shit; it isn't; saying that they never hyped it up in the first place is the denial.

Jonesy23

Jonesy23

I don't quite understand how liking something others don't is denial. I think that's called an opinion.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Jonesy23 on Feb 13, 2013, 08:34:42 AM
I don't quite understand how liking something others don't is denial. I think that's called an opinion.

Requoted. Read words.

Quote from: SiL on Feb 13, 2013, 08:33:50 AM
No; agreeing with a comment that states the game was never marketed as anything other than mediocre dictates denial. They were clearly gearing this up as hot shit; it isn't; saying that they never hyped it up in the first place is the denial.

And stuff

And stuff

Quote from: ScardyFox on Feb 13, 2013, 08:30:34 AM
The level of denial is so enormous it's not even funny. But in the end this exact psychological mechanism that drives you to the denial and excuses is very well documented, it always goes to the stage of making constant excuses to repress initial expectations to make yourself feel better.

A difference of opinion on enjoyment in a videogame dictates denial? Nice two-bit presumption clearly based on several years of clinical psychological studies run by such an esteemed psychologist such as yourself.

I think it just comes down to standards.  Those of us with moderate to high standards have a harder time telling ourselves that a shitty product is decent.  People with low standards are presumably fine with the product, even if they have to convince themselves of it.

Us alien fans tend to be sticklers for quality.

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: And stuff on Feb 13, 2013, 08:38:35 AM

I think it just comes down to standards.  Those of us with moderate to high standards have a harder time telling ourselves that a shitty product is decent.  People with low standards are presumably fine with the product, even if they have to convince themselves of it.

:laugh: I always get a good laugh when someone brings up "high standards" as if it makes them a better human being or something.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: SiL on Feb 13, 2013, 08:33:50 AM

No. Insinuating that people who like the game somehow showcase a state of denial is ridiculous. Every game hypes up their product as so and so. Whether it failed or not at this is meaningless to the point. Liking the game doesn't mean you're physiological unstable - it simply means people like it.

And stuff

And stuff

Quote from: Prime113 on Feb 13, 2013, 08:39:50 AM
Quote from: And stuff on Feb 13, 2013, 08:38:35 AM

:laugh: I always get a good laugh when someone brings up "high standards" as if it makes them a better human being or something.

If anything it makes things a lot harder.  Trust me.

Jonesy23

Jonesy23

I would say that I'm a pretty heavy fan of the franchise and I don't deny anything about the game. I admit the game has issues but I still play it anyway because to me, it's fun. Does that make me wrong? I don't think so, it just means I have an opinion about the game and mine happens to be positive. Some of the complaints I've heard, such as the graphics being shit is just one of those notches in the bedpost that tells me that gamers now seem to base how good a game is because of how pretty it looks.

And stuff

And stuff

Quote from: ScardyFox on Feb 13, 2013, 08:40:21 AM
Liking the game doesn't mean you're physiological unstable - it simply means people like it.

Or that the people who enjoy it are much easier to please.

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: Jonesy23 on Feb 13, 2013, 08:42:12 AM
I would say that I'm a pretty heavy fan of the franchise and I don't deny anything about the game. I admit the game has issues but I still play it anyway because to me, it's fun. Does that make me wrong? I don't think so, it just means I have an opinion about the game and mine happens to be positive. Some of the complaints I've heard, such as the graphics being shit is just one of those notches in the bedpost that tells me that gamers now seem to base how good a game is because of how pretty it looks.

On the graphics side of things, for me, it looks as if there is a great baseline for the graphics, it's just that they didn't follow up on it. This game could have been pretty damn beautiful.

Jonesy23

Jonesy23

I agree they could've looked better, but have we really become a generation of graphics whores when it comes to gaming? There's plenty of games that look very pretty that are total shit, like Devil May Cry 4.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: And stuff on Feb 13, 2013, 08:43:09 AM
Quote from: ScardyFox on Feb 13, 2013, 08:40:21 AM
Liking the game doesn't mean you're physiological unstable - it simply means people like it.

Or that the people who enjoy it are much easier to please.

And who are you to make that judgment call? Do you some how have some kind of omnipresent ability that senses these things in people with a different view of enjoyment? Or, do you have a crystalball of some kind that lets you in on these things?

If the latter is the case hook me up with some lottery numbers bro, I would love to be a millionaire!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed