Fan Reviews

Started by ikarop, Feb 07, 2013, 03:27:34 PM

Author
Fan Reviews (Read 221,124 times)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I doubt I will sell it anytime soon since Gamestop will likely give you only $30 for it. I think I will likely play the game with other members of the site and friends of mine. It's a shame that the game was pretty lackluster, but I don't think it's as bad as other people make it out to be.

HappyAlien

HappyAlien

Well i got colonial marines for XBOX 360 about 5 days ago after waiting since the first ps2 announcement in 2002/03.
First thing i noticed was that it looked like an early 2006/7 XBOX 360/ps3 game or a one of those bad early ports from xbox/pc to ps3 remember like the Orange Box. I got it on XBOX because i was hoping like Black ops and Modern warfare it would look a little better than on the PS3. Well its looks pretty bad and i'm hoping for Ps3 owners it dosen't look any worse.

People go on about how bad Call of Duty games look but i think even 2007's modern warfare looks better and the newer ones look far better. When i played co-op with my friend his statement was ' this looks really good for a Super Nintendo game' while being  sarcastic you get the point. Gameplay isn't anything special and when i try to aim the gun i do a melee attack a lot of the time like its to sensitive or something. The cut scenes are a joke and look really dated. While the atmosphere is good at time overall the game feels very dated much like avp2010 when it came out. Its 2013 and i''m playing a game that looks like it belongs in 2006.

When you compare it with other shooters that came out this year like far Cry 3 or most decent shooters that have come out in the last 3-4 years this game just looks old and the gameplay is nothing special. How hard is it for developers to make a good Aliens game a lot of the work has been done for you, you don't have to create a world from scratch or enemies so much of it has been created for you. The sounds and the music has been done for you, so have most of the weapons. This has taken six years and this is the product they put out, not good enough. other developers take two years to create far better fps with better graphics, gameplay and they don't have the advantage of having such a great film to base their game upon. Since Aliens was annouced Gearbox brought out Borderlands 1 and 2, two very good games yet with all the time spent on Aliens this is what is dished out.

As for all those defending it just cause its an Aliens game i think you are in denial. Imagine an aliens game made with the same quality as Halo 4 or Far Cry 3 or one of the other dozens of FPS that are superior to ACM. The game is below average when compared to other FPS i play it cause i love Aliens so much and i hope they will produce something of much better quality in the future. Hopefully i can get some fun out of it in multiplayer with my friends.

Mister T

Mister T

UTTERLY DISAPPOINTING.

I've been a fan of Alien and Aliens since before most of you were born; I have been looking forward to "completion" of the James Cameron story for 27 years; this... travesty simply insults those 27 years of waiting.

I played through the campaign on the normal setting in just under 5 hours; hardly a long title, to be sure.

The plot "twists" were 100% predictable and uniformly cheesy.

I turned the graphics up to maximum, and to be honest, they were so poor that I thought I had mistakenly turned them to minimum instead of maximum.

Audio was tolerable; the musical score was good.  Excellent in fact.

The voice acting was piss poor.

SCREW YOU, RANDY PITCHFORD.  I waited 27 years for this PIECE OF SH&T!?!?!?!

I want a refund; seriously.  There was nothing but false advertising about this game; we were led to believe that it would be "canon" to the film and "a true sequel."

BS!

The only thing that could have been done to make it worse would have been to include a crowbar as the most powerful weapon in the game and some panzy in an orange biohazard suit.

The levels were TEDIOUS and visually unappealing.

One the good side, oh, wait, I haven't seen a good side yet...

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Christ what a clusterf**k. I still want to play this game and I haven't canceled my pre-order, but... jesus, it's like 'Alien3' all over again.

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

People are being WAYYYYYYYYY to over critical. What the f**k were people expecting the next BIG THING! Its exactly how it was marketed out to be..... People complain to complain. ITS NOT THAT BAD!

Mark my words in a weeks time there will be a patch out for some side textures and AI boost!

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

I've played the first chunk of the game.

Is it as bad as some people are saying? Well... Sorta.

Lots a glitches abound. AI freezing up. AI scoring cheap one shot kills out of nowhere(The Mercs. The aliens are completely weak sauce.).  Allied AI that consistently seems to shoot at walls, missing the targets entirely. I fell through a floor and died out of nowhere. Several spots where you would think you could jump down, or explore, you can't. Very linear experience over all. I was witness to a warrior getting stuck in the ceiling, and a face hugger getting stuck in the base of an egg.

The eggs near Keyes are props, they don't open. I had a feeling every time people wouldn't bother going near them. Facehuggers seem to pause dramatically before leaping at you, making them easy pickings, and not scary in the slightest.

I'm having some fun, but there are a lot of things that are just broken. It's put me on the fence and has me really questioning the DLC pack. I do want to play Bug Hunt, but i'm not sure if I want to give Gearbox that kind of money.

I'm pausing for now until I can find a PC player to co-Op with.

I'm working my way through the campaign on Ultimate Badass mode, by the way.

I recommend to anyone still on the fence, get it when it goes on sale, or in the bargain bin.

demonbane

demonbane

Quote from: Uncanny Psycho on Feb 13, 2013, 12:56:30 AM
People are being WAYYYYYYYYY to over critical. What the f**k were people expecting the next BIG THING! Its exactly how it was marketed out to be..... People complain to complain. ITS NOT THAT BAD!

Mark my words in a weeks time there will be a patch out for some side textures and AI boost!
Just watching walkthroughs posted in Youtube, it is safe to say people have valid complaints. If you look through the complaints, you will see. People complain that in multiplayer, once marines stick together, they always pwn Aliens. Unless Alien outnumber Marines heavily, there is no hope for Xeno.

Mister T

Mister T

In fact, I was expecting "the next big thing."

Isn't that what Randy Forkedtongue at Gearbox was promising?  Wasn't he GUARANTEEING Aliens fans that this was "a true sequel" to one of the greatest Sci-Fi movies of all times???

I am complaining because I spent $200.00 on 4 copies of the game so I could have a LAN party with some of my friends who are still overseas in the Army - I retired recently - and the game is so terrible, I don't want to play it again.

THE GAME I S THAT BAD!  To use a phrase from an audiophile, this game is nothing more than boom and sizzle, only it lacks the boom and sizzle.

PISS POOR PRODUCT.

Enenra

Enenra

I'm actually really having a lot of fun with this game. It's a bad game, not 4.5/10 bad but still around 60-70%, but I'm having a lot of fun. MP is a really good time and makes up for the low points of campaign. Speaking of which, there were even a few moments in campaign I enjoyed.

I guess I'm a minority but this buttcheek game is a good time.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I'm in the middle of campaign right now, I'll do a review from as fair of a standpoint as I can later or tomorrow.
Really having fun with it though.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Enenra on Feb 13, 2013, 02:24:47 AM
I'm actually really having a lot of fun with this game. It's a bad game, not 4.5/10 bad but still around 60-70%, but I'm having a lot of fun. MP is a really good time and makes up for the low points of campaign. Speaking of which, there were even a few moments in campaign I enjoyed.

I guess I'm a minority but this buttcheek game is a good time.

I'm having fun with it too, and there are plenty of players. Nice to see, even if just for a time. I hope the mp hooks dem assholes :laugh: in a desperate and sick twist of fate, I would now beg the COD kids to stick around, even if they start quick-scoping my Xenomorph with a pimped out gold battle rifle that says "boss" on the back.

I don't care, just want to dick with the mp for a bit and try out the bug hunt, then we can just let it die like Ripley 7 :-\ it's unnatural, not meant to live...

Terx2

Terx2

Played it enjoyed it.

I do have have a little less faith with the story (Hicks should of stayed dead but thats the Alien 3 fan in me talking) Cruz was a bit of bossy jerk
Spoiler
His sacrifice was probably the best thing I like about him and his care for other marines
[close]
The customizations were great could have gone into a little bit more detail though. The doors do take a while to open but that will be fixed in a patch. The music in this game was spot on and with even a few nods to a certain Alien prequel
Spoiler
When I first saw the glowy red ball fly around the Origin I freaked out and shot it :laugh: as the dialogue between Winter and what his face when they spot the dead space jockey.
[close]
Exploring the Derlict/origin and Hadleys Hope was a blast. Multiplayer is were this game shines. Still need to download Ripleys flame thrower, movie characters and the extra customization opitions. I look forward to slaying xenos and tear marines apart with friends. Overall I give it a 8.5/10

Still trying to find the legandary smartgun and Frosts flamethrower ;D

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

I was playing an Extermination on Hive earlier, and got paired up with a marine using Apone's skin. 8) It was awesome, Apone and I running through the hive flamethrowing shit. Just a fun and intense time that I never would've had without this stupid game. :laugh:

I just wish Valve had made the game, then the perfectly-rendered Apone would shout "assholes and elbows!" instead of the generic marine going "I'm a badass!" every 3 seconds :-\ :'( ... >:(

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

Quote from: demonbane on Feb 13, 2013, 01:37:59 AM

Just watching walkthroughs posted in Youtube, it is safe to say people have valid complaints. If you look through the complaints, you will see. People complain that in multiplayer, once marines stick together, they always pwn Aliens. Unless Alien outnumber Marines heavily, there is no hope for Xeno.

lol weak sauce! Its a group based game! You think charging 4 marines while be one alien and your going to leave.... pleaseeeeeee! I may just be a lucky one but i've experienced ZERO glitches, honestly i've only had stupid 'ALIEN' AI and the wall climbing sucks monkey dick!

Quote from: Mister T on Feb 13, 2013, 01:39:39 AM

In fact, I was expecting "the next big thing."

Isn't that what Randy Forkedtongue at Gearbox was promising?  Wasn't he GUARANTEEING Aliens fans that this was "a true sequel" to one of the greatest Sci-Fi movies of all times???

I am complaining because I spent $200.00 on 4 copies of the game so I could have a LAN party with some of my friends who are still overseas in the Army - I retired recently - and the game is so terrible, I don't want to play it again.

THE GAME I S THAT BAD!  To use a phrase from an audiophile, this game is nothing more than boom and sizzle, only it lacks the boom and sizzle.

PISS POOR PRODUCT.

sorry but i dont see it! I can see the game being quite lame if your playing alone by yourself through the campaign with bots only, and if your trying to go solo G-DAWG status on multiplayer. Otherwise the game isnt half bad.... is it the best game ever or ALien game at that... nahh!

AGAIN, I only speak for the PC!

[T)A]DarkDragon

[T)A]DarkDragon

Quote from: Mister T on Feb 13, 2013, 12:26:16 AM
we were led to believe that it would be "canon" to the film and "a true sequel."

you believed that?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed