SpeedyMaxx

Genius.

RazorSlash

RazorSlash

This is a pretty good representation of my thoughts on this game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijZABYb4x8k#ws

Speedy_J

Speedy_J

Right now I'm playing the campaign on Ultimate Badass...I'm liking the game, it's no GOTY but I'm enjoying it for what it is...Multiplayer? I wish I could actually COMPLETE at match.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Quote from: RazorSlash on Feb 12, 2013, 08:42:07 PM

Lol JonTron!

TheLoneSpoon

TheLoneSpoon

Quote from: Sexy Poot on Feb 12, 2013, 09:36:50 PM
Quote from: RazorSlash on Feb 12, 2013, 08:42:07 PM

Lol JonTron!

Another appropriate Jontron reaction gif to this game.

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: DB on Feb 12, 2013, 04:37:37 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Tx6e4Ik.gif
I'm sort of impressed that this whole boiler thing has become an actual meme.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

So here we are, after spending few hours on the Multiplayer and completed the SP campaign (Soldier) and doing some Coop (Ultimate Badass) here is what I say about this game:

SP
It's a joke but everyone knows it now.
Successor to aliens blablabla, blablabla, AI blabla, animations blablabla graphics blablabla.
The thing as a mapper that strikes me is the total lack of originality in the environment that feels repetitive and pretty generic to every FPS campaign aka COD syndrome.
The only good things that came up were the Sulaco Hanger with the dropship, some segment inside Hadley's Hope with medlab, Command and maybe just the shortest segment ever inside the Derelict.
It's a shame they did not focus on those three parts rather than spreading us among a thousands blank and empty corridor and room that absolutely does not catch the magic of ALIENS.

If there's only one thing that's probably positive to me it's the marine command.
It felt right handled, much better than the toy you have in AVP2010, the super fast godspeed guy in AVP99 and the Doom Like retarded marine you controlled in AVP2.
Well that's pretty much about it on the positive side of the campaign.

Raven felt like a threat when you were actually not fighting it but when you get on the power loader and engage fight I just felt like they could have give us that for the queen (sucks but better than the end they gave us) or simply make a cut scene.
The fight with the crusher was a joke to me. I'm not even sure that he hits me once.
Overall, Human Corp were much deadlier than Aliens.

Also, I'm old school and there are things I used to love in AVP2 like:
-Ladder
-Vents
-Water for swimming. (you could halfway say it's there in A:CM, but nah, How much I would give to have a fight with Aliens underwater knowing I can't use all my weapons because some cannot fire underwater.
-More hackable / torchable things that are not "just" doors and serves a purpose.

MP

-MAP:
What's the point of making an Alien game directly inspired by ALIENS if it is to give us NO MAPS at launch that are from the movie? Gearbox? Is this a joke? How much DLC did you planned to give us something that can pretend to mimic ALIENS? And even if you didn't want to include them, that's a so few amount of map that it get very quickly boring especially when they don't offer much with having mostly wide open environment. Maybe there are a few spot interesting in each but overall it's weak and environment is wrongly balanced.

-Customization:
LAWLZ

-Mechanic:

[1] What's the point to put Alien third person if it is to make it WORSE than any other AVP games ever managed? Even the horrible AVP99 transition between edges didn't felt that bad. I feel like being constantly disorientated and sometimes my character is moving while I'm not even touching the keyboard when performing wallwalk. Joke?

[2] I feel like that most people are going to be pissed off in the coming weeks between Marine campers and Alien Spliter that camps too.

[3] Why are aliens dying when very very low on health but marine doesn't? Does that makes sense to any of you? I'm pretty sure that between Alien & Human regeneration, Alien is far ahead of us. But nah, to gearbox, Aliens are just BUGS and MUST DIE COS IT'S COOL!

[4] The fact you can't remain in a team as you want is annoying. I wish so much I could spend two matches as Alien instead of having to constantly change every 5 minutes (TDM).

[5] Escape was cool at the beginning but it's kinda like Coop campaign. Aliens aren't a real threat even if handled by player thanks to the ultra god armor you have.

[6] Spawn points are kind of glitchy.

[7] Glitch / bugs / problems everywhere in the MP constantly. Sound problem, animation problem, teleport problem, player exploiting game environment already.

-Network:
As many people pointed out, it's horrible.
No dedicated server doesn't make things easy.
No ability to have host migration will bring hate.
No ability to have at least a server list to choose what you want and drop into a game you're seeking rather than using this finder is not good.
No ability to allow the switch of an Host Pissed me out when I dropped into a server with everyone having above 500 per ping.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Rented it from Redbox, please for the love of God. Don't play this game!  :'(

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

I'm going to second some of your points, Celticant, not that it bloody matters now..

But Escape mode is straight broken until those jackasses fix it. The only 2 maps are full of huge open spaces where your Alien will be cut down again and again. Even when you get close, the marines have so much armor that even when all 4 of you team up and rush at once, you'll still all die 9 times out of 10. I'm serious.

Marines can just backpedal and shotgun or spray with the PR. Grenades do no damage up close, acid does no damage, and Alien health is retarded weak. Sentries are nigh impossible to negotiate, as well.

Why, Gearbox? Why you do this?

I mean, it's fun as the marines (though you win non-stop) but no one's going to be playing it in about 20 minutes. :-\

Sorry if I seem like I'm going back and forth here, this game is just a mess. There are parts I really do enjoy..... bah..

Gren_86

Gren_86

Quote from: Cal427eb on Feb 12, 2013, 10:03:41 PM
Rented it from Redbox, please for the love of God. Don't play this game!  :'(
Especially for those who are only interested in SP and haven't bought the game I can only say...

STAY THE f**k AWAY FROM IT!!!

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

Already sold mine on ebay.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

It's not too bad so far. I haven't played the multiplayer but the game is pretty fun. The game does bring back some good memories of me playing Alien Trilogy over a decade ago. Right now I give it a 6.5/10. The AI seems pretty buggy sometimes and the graphics are alright I guess.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Honestly, maybe it's because I spent the rest of my money on this, so it is exaggerated, but I have this horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach, guilt for buying this, I dunno why as I know I would have probably bought it at somepoint and that its not like I need the money for something else, but damn. I also enjoyed the first mission (all I've played) which makes the guilt even stranger. obviously it's not the best thing in the world but apart from the ai I don't think theres much actively bad about it, (if you wanted and expected a action game rather than a tense action horror game) Maybe it's because I was told not to buy this that the feeling is so strong but I imagine if I hadn't of had that feeling going in I wouldn't be annoyed, I haven't touched the multiplayer yet but if it's better than the single player I will be relieved. Even then I doubt I will stick with it more than a week or two so my advice rent it, I think I might trade it in for £30 and just cut my losses before all I can get is £10 but then Im going to feel even worse for wasting my money, when I could have rented it for £6 quid instead.

EDIT: Anyone in the uk ever use CeX?? there doing a relativley good price for a trade in, but I want to give this game a few more days to let the fan and critical reaction out of my head to give the game a fair chance and was wondering how quickly and often the priced change???

Gren_86

Gren_86

Quote from: shakermakerman on Feb 12, 2013, 10:33:10 PM
Already sold mine on ebay.
Smart move !

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

I honestly can see the disappointment but the hate HELL NO! I was so sketch about getting this game and honestly if they can fix the wall climbing and boost the AI (all able to in a patch) this game will be awesome!!!! But its at good/great status right now. Met some people online and we've been tearing shit up in the camping and online we wreck havoc. Cant speak for the consoles but PC version is very much satisfying to me!

Oh and everything MAXED out on PC.. Graphics look great! Only some side textures (computer screens, coke cans) that are lose res but again a patch can fix that shit!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed