Fan Reviews

Started by ikarop, Feb 07, 2013, 03:27:34 PM

Author
Fan Reviews (Read 220,227 times)

DB

DB

Now that the game is released I can finally say that the wait paid off. This is a really enjoyable trainwreck to watch across the internets. 10/10 The best way to play this game is to go out on lots of different websites and read what the residents think of the game. It is glorious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5WwV9YoW_U#ws

The teleport!  :D

Edit: Beated. :(

QuoteBasically, everything that is wrong with this game could have been overlooked if the aliens were authentic, but they're not. They're retarded as f**k, will storm straight at you and they're weak as f**k too. There's nothing cunning, menacing or dangerous about them.

Also, why do aliens have the same death sound as gnolls in WoW? That's just f**king retarded.

QuoteBy far the shittiest game I've ever had the misfortune of playing. I've played it for five minutes and that was five minutes too long. It's a terrible console port, with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Heck, even AVP 2010 had much better graphics, gameplay, atmosphere, and story.

This game is so bad that every gamer deserves to play it at least once when it hits bargain bin prices (which shouldn't be too long) just to see how much of a train wreck this piece of excrement is. Videos alone won't do it justice.

:D

From a site completely unrelated to shooter games or Aliens.

Oh, Lawdy Lord!

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

I know DB ^ It's awesome :D

For anyone thinking about badass mode, I would definitely say go for it. It doesn't make the slow, sometimes silly Aliens any smarter, but they're a bit tougher and do more damage. The mercs aren't bad, either, but their accuracy can be unbelievable at times.

Still, I've had far worse times with CoD on Veteran, far far far worse and more irritating than this.

I agree wholeheartedly with Rolle's review back there in that the AI is just simple. It's not terrible, but it has plenty of flaws. You may not even notice any on your playthrough, but odds are you sure will.

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

What a dog turd of a game it is......

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Would you care to go into the specifics of your experience? What platform were you on?

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Is this fun?? I know the overall of opinion of this game so far is poor, fair enough, but I never expected a 9 or 10's but it can still be fun and I never really expected or wanted any of the other aspects like graphics or story to be amazing, but is it fun? I am about to start it up, as the single player is the main focus of anger I plan to play it 2player and was wondering how many have experienced how it compares to a solo experience.

worriors

worriors

game over man, game over.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Wait, is
Spoiler
live Hicks canon?
[close]
That's crazy.

What is the Prometheus connection? The derelict?

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Feb 12, 2013, 07:09:43 PM
Wait, is
Spoiler
live Hicks canon?
[close]
That's crazy.

According to Gearbox. Yep.

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Feb 12, 2013, 07:09:43 PM
What is the Prometheus connection? The derelict?

The only connection is the
Spoiler
floating pups found in the derelict, and a two-line dialogue exchange when you enter the pilot's chamber.
[close]

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

Anyone on steam? I want to get some coop in!

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Uncanny Psycho on Feb 12, 2013, 07:20:35 PM
Anyone on steam? I want to get some coop in!

I'm waiting on my copy to arrive in the mail. It's 11:30 here, they usually deliver by 2 or so. I'd love to join you though!  :D

Slaine

Slaine

Spent a few more hours on it.

The campaign is horrible and a waste of time. This is not a good sequel, nor is it worthy. The story was pointless, Hicks was tacked on and it has one of the most anti-climatic endings i've ever witnessed. I finished the game in about 5 hours with no difficiluty apart from stupid glitches that got in the way.

However after playing on the multiplayer a bit more, it's semi-decent. My friends all have the game now so I had an okay time with a few of the modes, once you get over how dodgy it plays, it plays okay. Apparently I read Gearbox only developed the multiplayer (and let Timegate do the single player campaign) which is probably why it funcitions better. And it's much better being able to fight Aliens who are controlled by actual humans, rather than the crappy non-existent AI.

I've now got the hang of controlling the xenos better, and when you work as a team it's okay. I felt none of the game captured the experience of Cameron's Aliens film, but the multiplayer at least brings a bit of it to the table- the manic rush is almost similar to the tense gunfights of the film. Almost.

However the game overall is still very, very poor. And I am deeply dissapointed in the people who made it. Some of the levels Gearbox showcased last year aren't even in the game (such as the first video walkthrough with the crusher, where the queen comes in and smashes up the powerloader). Isn't this false advertising?

I'm trading the game in tommorow after having it for 2 days. Not worth keeping at all as the multiplayer will get boring very quickly, and I want to be able to get as much money from the trade in price as possible as I know lots of people will be trading it in this week.

A massive dissapointment.

Elicas

Elicas

Quote from: Slaine on Feb 12, 2013, 07:29:27 PM
Spent a few more hours on it.

The campaign is horrible and a waste of time. This is not a good sequel, nor is it worthy. The story was pointless, Hicks was tacked on and it has one of the most anti-climatic endings i've ever witnessed. I finished the game in about 5 hours with no difficiluty apart from stupid glitches that got in the way.

However after playing on the multiplayer a bit more, it's semi-decent. My friends all have the game now so I had an okay time with a few of the modes, once you get over how dodgy it plays, it plays okay. Apparently I read Gearbox only developed the multiplayer (and let Timegate do the single player campaign) which is probably why it funcitions better. And it's much better being able to fight Aliens who are controlled by actual humans, rather than the crappy non-existent AI.

I've now got the hang of controlling the xenos better, and when you work as a team it's okay. I felt none of the game captured the experience of Cameron's Aliens film, but the multiplayer at least brings a bit of it to the table- the manic rush is almost similar to the tense gunfights of the film.

However the game overall is still very, very poor. And I am deeply dissapointed in the people who made it. Some of the levels Gearbox showcased last year aren't even in the game (such as the first video walkthrough with the crusher, where the queen comes in and smashes up the powerloader). Isn't this false advertising?

I'm trading the game in tommorow after having it for 2 days. Not worth keeping at all as the multiplayer will get boring very quickly, and I want to be able to get as much money from the trade in price as possible as I know lots of people will be trading it in this week.

A massive dissapointment.

Funny, I'd only heard that Timegate had done the multiplayer, which is the decent part. Like their other multiplayer focussed games like Section 8.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Spoiler
Who the hell was in cryo in Hicks's place?
[close]

Elicas

Elicas

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Feb 12, 2013, 07:50:24 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
His reply to that question, and I quote: "That's a longer story."

Really, that's the games canonical explanation.
[close]

Space_Dementia

Space_Dementia

Quote from: Elicas on Feb 12, 2013, 07:51:29 PM
Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Feb 12, 2013, 07:50:24 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
His reply to that question, and I quote: "That's a longer story."

Really, that's the games canonical explanation.
[close]

I imagine this may have been explained as a DLC...maybe, but this game is getting such a bashing i cant imagine any DLC being announced, apart from what i already coming.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed