Fan Reviews

Started by ikarop, Feb 07, 2013, 03:27:34 PM

Author
Fan Reviews (Read 220,518 times)

Vepariga

Vepariga

This is what they have to show for 6 years...Honestly they could have used the money they put into promotion and events to upgrade the engine and AI code and de-bugging.

Its hard to say AVP 2010 is better,but it is...

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: teras on Feb 12, 2013, 12:42:19 PM
Quote from: RagingDragon on Feb 12, 2013, 09:15:57 AM
Okay, so let me just repeat the obvious and say that these graphics are almost comical. :laugh: No, shit, they are comical. I mean, I'm on Xbox and they're sub Indie-game status at times.. But once you start playing the game, you suddenly stop giving a f**k about them lol. At least I did, because the gameplay was just fun.

I'm only playing multiplayer, though.. so I'm sure there are a lot of things I'm not getting with the campaign..

It kind of feels like Aliens, but serious 13-year-old-boy status Aliens. :laugh: It's Durrrr, but damn I still enjoy it. The multiplayer combines addictive, fast, and variable gameplay with lots of customization (at least I think, at this point?) and I think (f**king read: HOOOPE) it will keep people playing.

Sorry not much of a review, I'm just really enjoying the aspect of the game I was most looking forward to. A bit giddy, after all of the doom. Even if the campaign pisses me off, I'm going to have some fun with this MP before she goes' *plays sad harmonica*

On a comical note:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J8SzBhjqaQ#ws

:laugh: :laugh:

Grey_Yautja

Grey_Yautja

Quote from: teras on Feb 12, 2013, 12:42:19 PM
Quote from: RagingDragon on Feb 12, 2013, 09:15:57 AM
Okay, so let me just repeat the obvious and say that these graphics are almost comical. :laugh: No, shit, they are comical. I mean, I'm on Xbox and they're sub Indie-game status at times.. But once you start playing the game, you suddenly stop giving a f**k about them lol. At least I did, because the gameplay was just fun.

I'm only playing multiplayer, though.. so I'm sure there are a lot of things I'm not getting with the campaign..

It kind of feels like Aliens, but serious 13-year-old-boy status Aliens. :laugh: It's Durrrr, but damn I still enjoy it. The multiplayer combines addictive, fast, and variable gameplay with lots of customization (at least I think, at this point?) and I think (f**king read: HOOOPE) it will keep people playing.

Sorry not much of a review, I'm just really enjoying the aspect of the game I was most looking forward to. A bit giddy, after all of the doom. Even if the campaign pisses me off, I'm going to have some fun with this MP before she goes' *plays sad harmonica*

On a comical note:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J8SzBhjqaQ#ws

Oh god, I squirted my drink through my nose after seeing that, so random!
All those in favour of a sticky thread with all these funny glitches, say 'Aye'.

Omega1

Omega1

I lack the words to express how horribly bad and disappointing this game is... It really is heartbreaking to go from the greatness that is Alien and Aliens... To this...

Grey_Yautja

Grey_Yautja

Quote from: Omega1 on Feb 12, 2013, 01:15:40 PM
I lack the words to express how horribly bad and disappointing this game is... It really is heartbreaking to go from the greatness that is Alien and Aliens... To this...

I honestly don't know if I sould spend some bucks of my salary on this game. Should I wait and see if this ugly duckling births a beautiful Xenomorph? Or just save my money?

Samus007

Samus007

So for those that have played it, should I just plan on playing thru it on the hardest difficulty setting, or is that "frustrating hard"? I plan on playing CoOp only with my brother, we are both avid FPS players.

Cabo Grake69

Cabo Grake69

Quote from: teras on Feb 12, 2013, 12:21:50 PM
Quote from: Cabo Grake69 on Feb 12, 2013, 11:22:23 AM
Hi everyone.

I´ve been reading reviews for at least 2 hours, and still I dont know what Im gonna do. One thing is sure, it shouldnt be this difficult for an alien fan to decide whether or not buying the game.

I´ve been following these forums for years (I didnt  post because my english is sooo rusty). Today I cant help but ask you: Is the game as bad as it sounds? In other words, do you think alien fans (who actually liked AVP 2010) should purchase the game??? I find hard to believe the game is such a let down! I know you take alien franchise seriously, so please let me know your opinion.

Im awared this is not a fan review but I promise to write one ASAP (If you convince me to buy the game). Thanks for you replies!!!

If you liked AVP 2010 and you can get it for the PC, then go ahead.
There is enjoyment to get out of this and I think that it is better than AVP 2010 (although others disagree).
Beware though that you have to keep your expectations low and just play it for mindless fun. No canon, no AAA material. Just an "unknown" mediocre uneven game that in some parts reminds you of Aliens.

Although I personally would have prefered not to give GBX and Sega more profit by purchasing, because honestly they don't deserve it. GBX is now officially on my boycott list, right next to Bethesda!

Thank you very much for your reply. With that in mind, I think I´m getting the game. Once I finish the SP campaign, I´ll post my conclusions here. I must warn you, when it comes to aliens Im easy to please. That being said, something tells me this game is going to put my patience to the test...

Once again, thanks. Enjoy the game! (if you can)

Rolle

Rolle

My opinion based on PC version singleplayer badass difficulty. Haven´t played for long but, I do understand why people are so disappointed. I´m disappointed too. I get this feeling that I´m playing beta game (happens quite often nowadays) so my opinion currenlty on SP about 2h game time. 6/10.

Graphics are outdated, not the worst but I did hope to see at least black ops level graphics.

Sound world is awesome and also I noted that I didn´t hear the aliens move, just like in the Aliens movie. One actually sneaked behind me and I had a jump scare moment there. :D

A.I well I would dare to say it´s basic. Yes in my 2h game time I did see that some of the aliens tried to flank me, humans took cover and popped some grenades at me, own side marines little lacking but hey, I´m used to worse thanks to Cod and Battlefield. They did manage to kill some aliens so they are not completely useless. But because GB guys hyped the "they can come from the vents" etc. I did ummm...what´s the word..well lets say I waited for better A.I. I mean that it´s funny when the lurker goes behind table to hide like ashamed animal xD I could clearly see where it was whole time.

Control of the game is good, better than AvP(3) and modifying weapons do affect somewhat to the aiming speed and mobility.

Animations are lacking, yes I did manage to get some limbs of from the enemies but why did it die? AvP series aliens would crawl at me if lost limb. Also the acid blood effect is lame. Thou I have died because of the acid so yes, it´s hazardous at least on the hardest difficulty.

Oh yes, there will be bugs...like bugs bugs net the alien bugs. Clipping, pathing errors, bad textures, invisible walls etc.

So I do believe that when I got this for my PS3 there will be patch by then (hopefully) in a week or so. Hotfix I think.
Also because I´m going to play the campaign coop I bet it will affect my rating with +1

In my books that means, game is playable, it´s not perfect, if you like this type of game you might consider buying it (even more so if the MP is good), suggested price 30-45€ (something like 50$) or wait till price drops if you are not a fan of the series or this type of games.

Currently in my own humble opinion , better than AvP (just a little) also ,if patched properly and not abandoned it could be even better.

Quote from: Samus007 on Feb 12, 2013, 01:38:14 PM
So for those that have played it, should I just plan on playing thru it on the hardest difficulty setting, or is that "frustrating hard"? I plan on playing CoOp only with my brother, we are both avid FPS players.

Go for the badass. Because of you are good at FPS games I see no point playing any easier level.

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

Playing through co-op on ultimate badass with 1 friend at the moment. Even though the Aliens are physically a bit tougher, the poor AI makes them pretty easy to kill. The main difficulty comes from the wey-yu mercs who have deadly accuracy and can headshot you with ease. The heavily armoured ones can take entire magazines to the chest without even flinching too.  I still wouldn't consider it overly frustrating though.

teras

teras

Quote from: Cabo Grake69 on Feb 12, 2013, 01:45:44 PM
Quote from: teras on Feb 12, 2013, 12:21:50 PM
Quote from: Cabo Grake69 on Feb 12, 2013, 11:22:23 AM
Hi everyone.

I´ve been reading reviews for at least 2 hours, and still I dont know what Im gonna do. One thing is sure, it shouldnt be this difficult for an alien fan to decide whether or not buying the game.

I´ve been following these forums for years (I didnt  post because my english is sooo rusty). Today I cant help but ask you: Is the game as bad as it sounds? In other words, do you think alien fans (who actually liked AVP 2010) should purchase the game??? I find hard to believe the game is such a let down! I know you take alien franchise seriously, so please let me know your opinion.

Im awared this is not a fan review but I promise to write one ASAP (If you convince me to buy the game). Thanks for you replies!!!

If you liked AVP 2010 and you can get it for the PC, then go ahead.
There is enjoyment to get out of this and I think that it is better than AVP 2010 (although others disagree).
Beware though that you have to keep your expectations low and just play it for mindless fun. No canon, no AAA material. Just an "unknown" mediocre uneven game that in some parts reminds you of Aliens.

Although I personally would have prefered not to give GBX and Sega more profit by purchasing, because honestly they don't deserve it. GBX is now officially on my boycott list, right next to Bethesda!

Thank you very much for your reply. With that in mind, I think I´m getting the game. Once I finish the SP campaign, I´ll post my conclusions here. I must warn you, when it comes to aliens Im easy to please. That being said, something tells me this game is going to put my patience to the test...

Once again, thanks. Enjoy the game! (if you can)

You're welcome  :)

Don't worry, I can enjoy the game. It's just that GBX basically lied to us. They showed entirely different things during development and they gave us something completely different. I think this is the definition of a scam.

Frog

Frog

Thank you for this thread.  I read it last Friday and immediatly cancelled my pre-order.  You saved me $60.

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

I dunno if everyone has a busted version of the game but im playing on the PC and its looks beautiful plays great and the multiplayer is addicting as hell. Shit so far my only complaint is some of the voice acting... oh and you want the Enemies to be more difficult... Badass mode bitches!

Never would have dreamed to get it on a console as that seems to be FAR worse!

Space_Dementia

Space_Dementia

I cancelled my pre-order for completely different reasons, though I'm kinda glad i did now...I never thought I find myself saying that about anything Alien related and I tend not to rely on reviews/other peoples views. But for the sake of saving £40 on something that's no where near the quality of say...Halo 4 for example, id rather keep that £40. Saying that...I'm still dying to get my hands on this and have a go, im just not willing to part with my money so easily anymore, so I hope they lower the price real soon...like £20 maybe? because from what im hearing, quality wise, that's what its roughly worth.

Samhain13

Samhain13

can you play in coop with split screen like gears of war?

Samus007

Samus007

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Feb 12, 2013, 02:02:09 PM

Playing through co-op on ultimate badass with 1 friend at the moment. Even though the Aliens are physically a bit tougher, the poor AI makes them pretty easy to kill. The main difficulty comes from the wey-yu mercs who have deadly accuracy and can headshot you with ease. The heavily armoured ones can take entire magazines to the chest without even flinching too.  I still wouldn't consider it overly frustrating though.

Thanks!!! And you to Rolle

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed