Fan Reviews

Started by ikarop, Feb 07, 2013, 03:27:34 PM

Author
Fan Reviews (Read 218,878 times)

reecebomb

reecebomb

Quote from: Kalawaki on Feb 09, 2013, 10:39:29 AM
I'm finding the vast majority of these reviews to have no hinderence towards me. Graphics? They look fine to me, personally. I'm not a graphics whore. AI? Doesn't matter to me in the slightest. Linear campaign levels? Won't be an issue.

Why?

Because i'm getting the game mostly for the multiplayer, which while limited looks fun as hell. I've yet to see a review cover multiplayer at all, and only complain about the campaign. I've enjoyed playing from the xenomorph's POV since AvP 2000, and AvP2 after that. That is the main reason I am getting the game.

The second reason is that I have been a ALIEN fan for nearly twenty years and, since Fox green-lit this as canonical, i'm interested to see what they do with the storyline. And while I don't expect the story to be superb, I don't see any of the problems/issues presented by any review i've read in here to hinder the overall story.

Wow, your standards are low. Do you even like videogames?

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Feb 09, 2013, 11:16:47 AM
2) AI sucks in most games. I think some of the AI in even Halo 4 sucks.

No, actually, I haven't seen AI performing this poorly in quite some time.

Quote from: Predaker on Feb 09, 2013, 04:12:22 AM
So if I don't like that mod you made with the flamethrower in the air ducts, it's perfectly acceptable to post pictures of your face and make fun of you?

Was I making outlandish promises and hyping the shit out of it? No. I cited an example with regards to AI. That's it. I didn't lie to anybody about the content.

Not to mention, I expect something more from a developer with several dozen members working on something for six years with millions of dollars invested than a single hobbyist working out of his freaking bedroom. Just a bit of a gap there, wouldn't you say?

Byohzrd

Byohzrd

to those who have the game, whats the customization like? Marine and Xeno? screencaps if possible?

WinterActual

WinterActual

Watch the IGN Live! and you can see the full customization  ;)

RedHood

RedHood

quote author=OpenMaw link=topic=47082.msg1608298#msg1608298 date=1360420813]
Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Feb 09, 2013, 11:16:47 AM
2) AI sucks in most games. I think some of the AI in even Halo 4 sucks.

No, actually, I haven't seen AI performing this poorly in quite some time.

Quote from: Predaker on Feb 09, 2013, 04:12:22 AM
So if I don't like that mod you made with the flamethrower in the air ducts, it's perfectly acceptable to post pictures of your face and make fun of you?

QuoteWas I making outlandish promises and hyping the shit out of it? No. I cited an example with regards to AI. That's it. I didn't lie to anybody about the content.

Not to mention, I expect something more from a developer with several dozen members working on something for six years with millions of dollars invested than a single hobbyist working out of his freaking bedroom. Just a bit of a gap there, wouldn't you say?

OpenMaw you really remind me of Hudson when he spazzez out.

6 YEARS MAN, 6 YEARS MAKING THIS GAME! IT AIN'T FAIR MAN

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Sgt.Camacho on Feb 09, 2013, 03:56:45 PM
6 YEARS MAN, 6 YEARS MAKING THIS GAME! IT AIN'T FAIR MAN

https://thedoorisajar.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/hudson.jpg

Don't know how you're making that leap. I'm not yelling, angry, afraid, panicky, irrational, or nonsensical.

If you have a point you disagree on, state it and refute it. Trying to say i'm emotional, irrational, or a cry baby doesn't discount what i'm saying.

It's a fact. I can list dozens of games released over the last twelve years that have had exceptional AI compared to what we've seen so far in A:CM.

Byohzrd

Byohzrd

Quote from: WinterActual on Feb 09, 2013, 03:37:33 PM
but not the xeno customization man XD chompin at the bit to see these ridiculous cosmetic upgrades

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Byohzrd on Feb 09, 2013, 04:06:38 PM
but not the xeno customization man XD chompin at the bit to see these ridiculous cosmetic upgrades

They did show some of it very briefly at one point.

Byohzrd

Byohzrd

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 09, 2013, 04:07:21 PM
Quote from: Byohzrd on Feb 09, 2013, 04:06:38 PM

They did show some of it very briefly at one point.
No they mentioned it when someone asked if you could change the color of your xeno and he said something vague about different cosmetic upgrades, they didn't show any though, they did however show some of the xeno loadouts and attack/defense upgrades.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Ah, my apologies. I thought that's what you were referring to.  :laugh:

Byohzrd

Byohzrd

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 09, 2013, 04:23:10 PM
Ah, my apologies. I thought that's what you were referring to.  :laugh:
Its all good mate, i'm just really interested in the crazy new designs they made for the xenos, the few i saw in the MP previews were okay at best, really hoping theres a lot more, there seemed like there was DOZENS of customizations for the marines i just hope the xenos got the same treatment.

Also, from what ive gathered from the videos posted, SP is meh at best, and MP is prettty sweet itself. I'm okay with this. Not thrilled, but not exactly heartbroken either, just, okay with it.

DRAKE M.

DRAKE M.

Can we get a PC Review?

Kalawaki

Kalawaki

Quote from: reecebomb on Feb 09, 2013, 02:14:30 PM
Wow, your standards are low. Do you even like videogames?
If I sold half of the video games I own for half the price I paid for them, I could probably pay off my car.

I'm an avid gamer. I just know what to expect from a video game, and have my priorities more on gameplay, multiplayer, and the overall story rather then small details like graphics.

Jango1201

Jango1201

So I just got through a few missions. What is everyone complaining about? The graphics look great on my Xbox and high def television. The game play is entertaining and the mix between human and alien enemies is good. The AI definitely needs a little work but its nothin to cry over as I've seen so much worse. Story is pulling me in so far and is keeping my interest in completing the SP campaign. Lurkers are definitely my favorite encounters so far and I'm hoping to run into more. When I complete the game ill put my full review. I think gamers like me who don't nitpick at every single little detail will enjoy this game.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Quote from: Jango1201 on Feb 09, 2013, 06:44:45 PM
So I just got through a few missions. What is everyone complaining about? The graphics look great on my Xbox and high def television. The game play is entertaining and the mix between human and alien enemies is good. The AI definitely needs a little work but its nothin to cry over as I've seen so much worse. Story is pulling me in so far and is keeping my interest in completing the SP campaign. Lurkers are definitely my favorite encounters so far and I'm hoping to run into more. When I complete the game ill put my full review. I think gamers like me who don't nitpick at every single little detail will enjoy this game.

^Probably going to be exactly what I think.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed