Started by ikarop, Feb 07, 2013, 03:27:34 PM

Author
Fan Reviews (Read 218,857 times)

RedHood

RedHood

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 08, 2013, 06:30:58 PM
Quote from: Sgt.Camacho on Feb 08, 2013, 06:27:06 PM
Who cares if "they" are hustling us,

This right here is exactly what is wrong with the mentality of the mass consumer market.

We should care, and just because others are doing it doesn't make it right. And the fact that people roll over everytime this kind of thing happens. every. single. time. Just shows them they can get away with it.

And what's your plan to stop the MAN from working us? Trust me I don't like being used or manipulated just like the other guy, but its about making money. Soooo... Dew the Dew! I just made $10 on that comment.  :laugh:

On another note are you going to buy the DLC or season pass?  :P

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Sgt.Camacho on Feb 08, 2013, 06:48:00 PM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 08, 2013, 06:30:58 PM
Quote from: Sgt.Camacho on Feb 08, 2013, 06:27:06 PM
Who cares if "they" are hustling us,

This right here is exactly what is wrong with the mentality of the mass consumer market.

We should care, and just because others are doing it doesn't make it right. And the fact that people roll over everytime this kind of thing happens. every. single. time. Just shows them they can get away with it.

And what's your plan to stop the MAN from working us? Trust me I don't like being used or manipulated just like the other guy, but its about making money. Soooo... Dew the Dew! I just made $10 on that comment.  :laugh:

On another note are you going to buy the DLC or season pass?  :P

If we all actually, ya know, got together a community and actually made the tough choice of NOT BUYING their stuff until they dropped their prices, things would likely change. That's how you fight that kind of crap, and it does work. It has worked in the past many times. Developers, and particularly publishers, get really scared when a community organizes and gives their high price tags the finger.

Neither. Not until I know absolutely what the game is like for myself 100%, and what the DLC is offering, 100%.

Ash 937

Ash 937

Before we all collectively agree that this game is a failure...

...be mindful that the game spent years in development hell (over a decade if you go as far back as the planned PS2 version).  It's also based on a Sci-Fi film that came out in the 27 years ago, well before the majority of current gamers were even born.  Public interest and advocacy for getting this game developed, hyped, and released was probably never going to be easy thing for any developer.  Perhaps we should consider ourselves fortunate that we even got a playable game out of this at all...

MR EL1M1NATOR

MR EL1M1NATOR

Quote from: DemonicD13 on Feb 08, 2013, 06:09:33 PM
Did Leeroy712Plays get a cease and desist order?

No, he made those vids private and if you put your email on his first vid he will let you see them. I have no idea why he is doing this.

Gren_86

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Ash 937 on Feb 08, 2013, 06:56:14 PM

Success or failure aside, the prices are terrible.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

How are the prices any worse than other major game releases?

MR EL1M1NATOR

MR EL1M1NATOR

For now, I don't think it will be too long before prices plummet. Very glad I didn't pre-order this, but I think I will still check it out as MP looks OK.

Predaker

Predaker

It's disappointing escape mode only has two maps without DLC because multiplayer is what will keep me playing A:CM.

As for Brian Burleson saying there would be a ton of maps, two feels more like the bare minimum. Although this is the same person who said there were no playable females in A:CM.

RedHood

RedHood

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 08, 2013, 07:03:41 PM
Quote from: Ash 937 on Feb 08, 2013, 06:56:14 PM

Success or failure aside, the prices are terrible.

Your stuck on the prices, Black Ops 2 Revolution DLC was the same price (it came with 4 maps, a new Zombie mode and a new weapon). As long as the Bug Hunt DLC delivers I really don't see a price difference from what other games have already done. I guess we will all just have to wait and see.

Gren_86

Gren_86

Quote from: Predaker on Feb 08, 2013, 07:21:45 PM
It's disappointing escape mode only has two maps without DLC because multiplayer is what will keep me playing A:CM.

As for Brian Burleson saying there would be a ton of maps, two feels more like the bare minimum. Although this is the same person who said there were no playable females in A:CM.
Same here.

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: Gren_86 on Feb 08, 2013, 07:34:22 PM
Quote from: Predaker on Feb 08, 2013, 07:21:45 PM

Same here.

I think Hadley's Hope sewers might end up being the more popular of the two maps for escape mode. They showed it on the IGN live feed last weekend.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: teras on Feb 08, 2013, 06:00:58 PM
It's a bit hard to explain if you haven't played those games.
I have played the third one.

Quote from: Gren_86 on Feb 08, 2013, 06:25:14 PM
were using for the physics a modified Havok engine which is one of the best on the market.
Yeah but sadly Havok is very dated engine by now. It was my fav physics engine long time ago but its already too old for the current standards. Also there are better looking games on the PS than the KZ series. Uncharted 3 looks way better for example. KZ is just covered with blur, the textures are pretty low res actually.

Elicas

Elicas

Leeroy knocked off 71 Xenos in Hadleys Hopes first level, I'd be suprised if that many were left on the entire plane,t let alone on the first level of entering Hadley.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Sgt.Camacho on Feb 08, 2013, 07:23:00 PM
Your stuck on the prices, Black Ops 2 Revolution DLC was the same price (it came with 4 maps, a new Zombie mode and a new weapon). As long as the Bug Hunt DLC delivers I really don't see a price difference from what other games have already done. I guess we will all just have to wait and see.

Those are terrible prices too.

There's nothing to "wait and see" when you pay a third of the game price for what is essentially 1/10 the content, you are being jipped. Expansion packs back in the day would run you about 20 bucks total, but you'd get new weapons, a full new campaign, new gameplay for multiplayer, all in one go. Things have changed, and they've changed badly. Just compare what you got in AVP 2 Primal Hunt, to this kind of bullshit they do with modern DLC.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed