Fan Reviews

Started by ikarop, Feb 07, 2013, 03:27:34 PM

Author
Fan Reviews (Read 220,473 times)

WeaN

WeaN

Quote from: WinterActual on Feb 08, 2013, 03:33:41 PMI thought the smartgun can be acquired only by picking it up from the ground. The way you are saying it it seems like you can select Vasquez' smartun as default weapon  :o
Actually you're right, it was a mistake - I was listing the Legendary Weapons you find in SP - but since smartguns can't be used as starting weapons in MP, you can't use Vasquez's either, yeah.

saintbenzie

saintbenzie

Quote from: Kalawaki on Feb 08, 2013, 03:30:48 PM
Quote from: saintbenzie on Feb 08, 2013, 03:27:00 PM
To everyone still in denial and saying everyone should make up there mind about the game by playing and ignoring reviews. When 90% of people say the game is not very good it is safe to assume the game is not very good. Some of the gameplay on youtube shows the games mishaps and downfalls very clearly. Yes there is still fun to be had but as a game and being ranked against other games it obviously is not up to par. When a game takes 8 years to make there are going to be problems.

When 90% of america's congressmen vote to censor the internet without having any idea how the internet works, clearly the internet needs to be censored regardless.

>your logic

It's different when everyone here is a fan of the Aliens franchise and has watched this game for years and years to watch it age and grow up into a sub-par game. It's more or less people who love Aliens and were hoping and praying for a good game. Watch LeeRoy's video and watch him go from being hella excited to gradually figuring out it is not an overall "Good" game. As a game it stands with all other games an also stands with Aliens/AvP games. I'm buying the game and I will still have fun with it but that's not to say it's going to be a Great game. Everyone is entitled to their opinions but when you go on a thread entitled "Fan Reviews" and say reviews/opinions mean nothing it makes no sense.

WinterActual

WinterActual

QuoteCompleted it - 5.75/10

It gets slightly better; open spaces, the story gets more interesting and you get some new weapons. But thats about it... so is it worth playing? Well, if you don't have anything else to play, sure Smile
11 missions, took me about 6-7 hours.

xenogenicide

xenogenicide

that doesnt sound to bad im ok with it idk about some others but im good with that

MR EL1M1NATOR

MR EL1M1NATOR

Even though this game hasn't looked that great for the past year, I am still disappointed at just how lazy and generic it seems to have turned out to be.

DRAKE M.

DRAKE M.

All I know is that I'm gonna be playing it on my bad ass PC so it's gonna look a hell of a lot better than the console versions....will probably get more updates as well. I'm also planning on playing it with friends via 4 player coop so the squad AI doesn't matter to me at all. All I can say to you console guys is.....you shoulda got the PC version.

teras

teras

Quote from: DRAKE M. on Feb 08, 2013, 04:17:51 PM
All I know is that I'm gonna be playing it on my bad ass PC so it's gonna look a hell of a lot better than the console versions....will probably get more updates as well. I'm also planning on playing it with friends via 4 player coop so the squad AI doesn't matter to me at all. All I can say to you console guys is.....you shoulda got the PC version.

I can see how that makes perfect sense  :laugh:

SPECIAL FORCES

SPECIAL FORCES

So...New Xenos? at least not those we already know off?
Any story twist?...What about Hicks/bag ect?
Engineers?...Alien 3/Prometheus connections?

Guys...somebody? The end of the game/story? How did the egg end up there finally?
(since this is the true sequel of Aliens  :laugh: )

AAA?????

reecebomb

reecebomb

From now on i can only view Randy Pitchford as the gaming equivalent of David Brent (i am big fan btw). Both are charming but not to be taken seriosly.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Well, it's more a sequel to Alien 3 in terms of it's placement in chronology. Spiritually it's a sequel to Aliens, but... Well, questions like "How the eggs got on the Sulaco" may have been ignored entirely, or be only vaguely dealt with. I don't know yet, I have not yet received my copy, but what I've seen in the playthroughs seems to indicate they probably don't go into detail.

DRAKE M.

DRAKE M.

Quote from: teras on Feb 08, 2013, 04:25:25 PM
Quote from: DRAKE M. on Feb 08, 2013, 04:17:51 PM

I can see how that makes perfect sense  :laugh:

Yep, I'm laughing...everyone has a PC these day man and the specs on this game are so low that you really don't need that great of a computer to play it. Even on medium settings, the game will probably look better that a console.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: DRAKE M. on Feb 08, 2013, 04:37:56 PM

Yep, I'm laughing...everyone has a PC these day man and the specs on this game are so low that you really don't need that great of a computer to play it. Even on medium settings, the game will probably look better that a console.
This

9th_Stew

9th_Stew

Quote from: reecebomb on Feb 08, 2013, 04:33:28 PM
From now on i can only view Randy Pitchford as the gaming equivalent of David Brent (i am big fan btw). Both are charming but not to be taken seriosly.

http://withfriendship.com/images/b/9282/Ricky-Gervais-picture.jpg

lol

teras

teras

Not on my 7 year old Acer Pentium M 768MB RAM notebook  :P

Quote from: reecebomb on Feb 08, 2013, 04:33:28 PM

http://withfriendship.com/images/b/9282/Ricky-Gervais-picture.jpg

Vote Brent for President  :laugh:

WeaN

WeaN

Warning for major spoilers upcoming guys... be advised.

Quote from: SPECIAL FORCES on Feb 08, 2013, 04:29:46 PMSo...New Xenos? at least not those we already know off?
List of Xenos :
Spoiler
Drone
Lurker
Spitter
Explosive (forgot its name)
Massive Rhino type (forgot its name)
Queen
[close]

Quote from: SPECIAL FORCES on Feb 08, 2013, 04:29:46 PMAny story twist?...What about Hicks/bag ect?
Spoiler

Hicks is the bag guy. He's being held by Wey-Yu for most of the game until you save him, he then joins the squad as an NPC and fights alongside you for the rest of the game.
The explaination on how he's alive : He says Wey-Yu hijacked the Sulaco when it was around Fury and replaced him by somebody else - so the body from Aliens3 isn't actually Hicks, according to the game.
Whoop Dee f**king Doo, nicely played Gearbox...
[close]

Quote from: SPECIAL FORCES on Feb 08, 2013, 04:29:46 PMEngineers?...Alien 3/Prometheus connections?
Only Prometheus connection is this.

Quote from: SPECIAL FORCES on Feb 08, 2013, 04:29:46 PMGuys...somebody? The end of the game/story? How did the egg end up there finally?
(since this is the true sequel of Aliens  :laugh: )

Spoiler
Nothing on how the egg got into the Sulaco.
End of the game is basically confronting Mister Weyland, realizing he's not the real thing and just another cyborg, shooting him in the face, then Bishop offers to plug into what's left of it to learn more about Wey-Yu's plans. Game ends on Bishop saying he got everything.
[close]

Quality plot, no doubt about it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed