Started by ikarop, Feb 07, 2013, 03:27:34 PM

Author
Fan Reviews (Read 220,388 times)

thecaffeinatedone

thecaffeinatedone

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Feb 08, 2013, 02:21:46 PM
Quote from: Prime113 on Feb 08, 2013, 02:18:42 PM
Quote from: thecaffeinatedone on Feb 08, 2013, 02:12:48 PM
Welp, there's always mods and that other Alien game that's in developement.

What is that?

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Feb 08, 2013, 10:28:26 AM
The most PATHETIC thing is we all were mad how SEGA rushed AVP 2010 ahead of A:CM and we felt that AVP 2010 was indeed a rushed product make for an easy cash-in so in turn we expected even more from A:CM, to be finally this serious, very well-conceived game that is finally going to make the series justice...But guess not. We'll have to wait for yet another such instance!!! Which might never happen btw.

Oh and I wouldn't put too much hope in Creative Assembly's next Alien IP coz this is their console dev team having nothing in common with the team from Total War series and other quality PC games...Those console devs from that team made Viking: Battle for Asgard (70/100 metacritic), and Stormrise, that pathetic RTS for consoles (48/100 metacritic, 360 version, PC version got 42/100!) :D

This is yet another Alien IP but probably in works for next-gen consoles, it was meant to be a TPP game and more like Dead Space 1/2...But I wouldn't get my hopes up...

*Pours a bottle of scotch*

xenogenicide

xenogenicide

Quote from: Kalawaki on Feb 08, 2013, 01:10:53 PM
All I see is inconsistent bitching from everyone on this forum day in, day out.

You are all whining about something you have yet to play.

Fan-based reviews are biased, everyone that is a fan usually sets their expectations way too goddamn high, and most company-based reviews require a bribe or a bandwagon to give a positive review.

Instead of being mindless sheep with no opinion for yourselves, worthlessly only taking the opinion of people that got an early copy or got paid a salary to write a few paragraph's about something, why don't you actually play the game before judging it? The entire point of video game reviews is pointless unless you share the exact same needs, preferences, and personality as the person writing the review.

Idiots.

And for those of you that have an early copy, I honestly don't give a flying f**k about Graphics, AI, or the like. I'm getting this game mostly for the multiplayer and because i'm a die-hard fan, so I would like to know what happens in the story. That's all.
yes this ^ love it eat it read it

WeaN

WeaN

Quote from: WinterActual on Feb 08, 2013, 02:05:39 PMWhat about the SHARP rifle or the Ripley's rifle?
You can use what they call "Legendary weapons" in MP once you find them in Campaign, such as Hudson's pulse rifle or Vasquez's smartgun, but the ones you mentionned I've yet to see in vanilla.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

To folks who played the game: what about using sentries? Are we free to place them whenever we want? Is there any degree of freedom in welding objects? Or it is 100% up to the course of the story?

How does using sentries differ from games like RAGE where you could also use them?

Is there ANYTHING UNIQUE ABOUT THE GAME ANYMORE? Apart from having to pull out the motion tracker???

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: Prime113 on Feb 08, 2013, 01:38:33 PM
Quote from: WinterActual on Feb 08, 2013, 01:37:30 PM
Quote from: Prime113 on Feb 08, 2013, 01:32:42 PM
Quote from: Gren_86 on Feb 08, 2013, 01:29:50 PM
Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Feb 08, 2013, 04:31:39 AM
I mean, it's one thing to have high hopes but it almost seems like people here want a GOTY type game. End of the day I just want a game that is solid. I think ACM will be decent enough for me.

If another AVP or Aliens game comes out though I would hope SEGA gets a top-notch developer. I think 343 or Bungie would do wonders with this kind of series.
My thoughts exactly.

I think SEGA might be part of the problem. 343 won't be making it, as they are a halo only company I believe, and Bungie wants to do more original stuff. I say give it to Ubisoft. Ubisoft would be the shit!
No, give it to ID how it was originally planned back in the 90s.

Yeaaahh, I can dig on that, too.

I'd have Insomniac Games do it. In fact I would kill every single one of you here without hesitation for that.

Every one of you.

WeaN

WeaN

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Feb 08, 2013, 02:53:47 PM
To folks who played the game: what about using sentries? Are we free to place them whenever we want? Is there any degree of freedom in welding objects? Or it is 100% up to the course of the story?

How does using sentries differ from games like RAGE where you could also use them?

Is there ANYTHING UNIQUE ABOUT THE GAME ANYMORE? Apart from having to pull out the motion tracker???
Yeah you can place sentries wherever you like... the first time you place one is just some kind of tutorial that's why the spot is highlighted. I guess that's good news... somehow.
You only get one at a time though. Maybe that's different in coop. Dunno, I only played 1P.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Terx2 on Feb 08, 2013, 02:24:12 PM

I Beleieve someone has already made one for doom and doom 2 I just need to find the link again.
Yes I know about the DooM 2 mod, but I am talking about some other stuff  :laugh:

Quote from: WeaN on Feb 08, 2013, 02:50:01 PM

You can use what they call "Legendary weapons" in MP once you find them in Campaign, such as Hudson's pulse rifle or Vasquez's smartgun, but the ones you mentionned I've yet to see in vanilla.
Yep but I thought the Ripley's weapon is not part of the legendary weapons for some reason  :laugh:

WeaN

WeaN

I guess it's a preorder/DLC weapon, hence why it wouldn't appear in vanilla. The other Legendary weapons are ingame unlockables - Hudson's pulse rifle, Hick's shotgun, Vasquez's smartgun, Gorman's pistol - all of those you can unlock and use in MP once you find them in Campaign.

DemonicD13

DemonicD13

Leeroy712Plays
Part 7 is going up.

saintbenzie

saintbenzie

To everyone still in denial and saying everyone should make up there mind about the game by playing and ignoring reviews. When 90% of people say the game is not very good it is safe to assume the game is not very good. Some of the gameplay on youtube shows the games mishaps and downfalls very clearly. Yes there is still fun to be had but as a game and being ranked against other games it obviously is not up to par. When a game takes 8 years to make there are going to be problems.

xenogenicide

xenogenicide

has anybody tried to play online i just keep hearing the same SP bullshit blah blah blah we know that its terrible how about some MP maybe we can get something people wont complain about

Kalawaki

Kalawaki

Quote from: saintbenzie on Feb 08, 2013, 03:27:00 PM
To everyone still in denial and saying everyone should make up there mind about the game by playing and ignoring reviews. When 90% of people say the game is not very good it is safe to assume the game is not very good. Some of the gameplay on youtube shows the games mishaps and downfalls very clearly. Yes there is still fun to be had but as a game and being ranked against other games it obviously is not up to par. When a game takes 8 years to make there are going to be problems.

When 90% of america's congressmen vote to censor the internet without having any idea how the internet works, clearly the internet needs to be censored regardless.

>your logic

xenogenicide

xenogenicide

Quote from: Kalawaki on Feb 08, 2013, 03:30:48 PM

When 90% of america's congressmen vote to censor the internet without having any idea how the internet works, clearly the internet needs to be censored regardless.

>your logic
lol i like this guy he's a smartass

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: WeaN on Feb 08, 2013, 03:05:49 PM
I guess it's a preorder/DLC weapon, hence why it wouldn't appear in vanilla. The other Legendary weapons are ingame unlockables - Hudson's pulse rifle, Hick's shotgun, Vasquez's smartgun, Gorman's pistol - all of those you can unlock and use in MP once you find them in Campaign.
I thought the smartgun can be acquired only by picking it up from the ground. The way you are saying it it seems like you can select Vasquez' smartun as default weapon  :o

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: Kalawaki on Feb 08, 2013, 03:30:48 PM

>your logic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf_KrGP61uo#

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed