Fan Reviews

Started by ikarop, Feb 07, 2013, 03:27:34 PM

Author
Fan Reviews (Read 219,872 times)

LogansFolly

LogansFolly

Quote from: WeaN on Feb 08, 2013, 12:35:24 PM
Quote from: piff on Feb 08, 2013, 12:33:30 PM
so after a decade they still havent gotten it right and avp2 2001 is the better game still...
That sounds about right.
I'm trying to remain as objective as possible, but even as a fan, trying to find bits and pieces of redeeming qualities, can't help but face the fact the game is a mess. You know when it's almost a chore to play through it something is wrong.
Dunno what they've been doing for 4 years, this has to be some kind of sick joke.

Can i ask please... what games do you like play generally? Whats your fav game of this current gen....

WeaN

WeaN

Quote from: LogansFolly on Feb 08, 2013, 12:40:05 PMCan i ask please... what games do you like play generally? Whats your fav game of this current gen....
When it comes to shooters, I mostly played the Halo series and Battlefield. Never liked CoD, haven't touched any of those since CoD4.
Dunno if that's gonna help... I would understand if people would rather give the benefit of the doubt and see for themselves... by any means, please do. That's also what I did, reserved my judgement until I got my hands of the game. And I was utterly disappointed. I'd take AvP2010 Campaign over this one's anyday, that says a lot.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Disapointing to see this game being blasted all to hell :/

Canon? Nope!lolz.

LogansFolly

LogansFolly

Quote from: WeaN on Feb 08, 2013, 12:46:13 PM
Quote from: LogansFolly on Feb 08, 2013, 12:40:05 PMCan i ask please... what games do you like play generally? Whats your fav game of this current gen....
When it comes to shooters, I mostly played the Halo series and Battlefield. Never liked CoD, haven't touched any of those since CoD4.
Dunno if that's gonna help... I would understand if people would rather give the benefit of the doubt and see for themselves... by any means, please do. That's also what I did, reserved my judgement until I got my hands of the game. And I was utterly disappointed. I'd take AvP2010 Campaign over this one's anyday, that says a lot.

.... oh bugger!(good answers imo!) Oh well lets hope mp is good!? I am more of a multiplayer fan anyway... when there are no kids fcukin up the chat ect ect!!

WeaN

WeaN

Quote from: LogansFolly on Feb 08, 2013, 12:55:02 PM
.... oh bugger!(good answers imo!) Oh well lets hope mp is good!? I am more of a multiplayer fan anyway... when there are no kids fcukin up the chat ect ect!!
If you want my opinion, MP has the potential to be better than AvP2010's, and maybe on par with AvP2 - there's a lot of customization so the fans will be much more pleased than the very limited options AvP2010 had, and the concept of class based xenos is a solid mechanic, AvP2 proved it. I'm only fearing lag. Still have bad memories from AvP2010's MP in that regard... and let's be realistic, what are the chances they can provide a lag free game when they seem to suck at everything else so far ?

Kalawaki

Kalawaki

All I see is inconsistent bitching from everyone on this forum day in, day out.

You are all whining about something you have yet to play.

Fan-based reviews are biased, everyone that is a fan usually sets their expectations way too goddamn high, and most company-based reviews require a bribe or a bandwagon to give a positive review.

Instead of being mindless sheep with no opinion for yourselves, worthlessly only taking the opinion of people that got an early copy or got paid a salary to write a few paragraph's about something, why don't you actually play the game before judging it? The entire point of video game reviews is pointless unless you share the exact same needs, preferences, and personality as the person writing the review.

Idiots.

And for those of you that have an early copy, I honestly don't give a flying f**k about Graphics, AI, or the like. I'm getting this game mostly for the multiplayer and because i'm a die-hard fan, so I would like to know what happens in the story. That's all.

szkoki

szkoki

wow smartass...guess what i've read dozens of FAN reviews...and the contras alwasy was more then the pros

but why am i talking to u we are just whining little bitches u dont want to chat with us in this forum :)

wich gives the question what the F are u doing here?

Kalawaki

Kalawaki

Quote from: szkoki on Feb 08, 2013, 01:20:26 PM
wow smartass...guess what i've read dozens of FAN reviews...and the contras alwasy was more then the pros
Fan reviews.
Biased.

Quotebut why am i talking to u we are just whining little bitches u dont want to chat with us in this forum :)
That is because half of this forum complains worse then the Bungie forums.

Quotewich gives the question what the F are u doing here?
Unfortunatly this website seems to be the one that updates the most about the latest A/P/AvP/A:CM news. Additionally, i've been here for over 5 years.

Samus007

Samus007

Quote from: WeaN on Feb 08, 2013, 12:25:35 PM
Quote from: The Runner on Feb 08, 2013, 11:43:59 AM
Quote from: WeaN on Feb 08, 2013, 09:20:31 AM
I'm at Chapter 6 and so far I only encountered them in Chapters 2 and 3. Hopefully it stays that way.

Any new aliens encountered?
Standard Drones, Lurkers, Spitters, creepy explosive ones  and
Spoiler
something akin to a Praetorian in size with a skull face that acts as a boss you have to defeat using a power loader
[close]

I'm nearing the end of my playthrough ... seriously guys, this game is bad. Honestly.
And that's coming from a die hard fan, I played all principal games that this franchise spawned... this one is by far the worst. Bad graphics, bad level design, shit ennemy AI, difficulty is either stupid or non existent... it's unpolished as f**k, bugs and glitches everywhere, and the plot is a joke.
This game has nothing going on for it except wacky fan service. Yeah we got it, it's cool to go through the sets of the movie, but if Gearbox thought this would be enough they were either truly mistaking, or taking us players/fans for a bunch of fools.

... multiplayer better be fun (and not too laggy like AvP2010), or else people are going to feel buyer's remorse. Bad.

argh... It's THAT bad huh? Dammit!!!!

szkoki

szkoki

Quote from: Kalawaki on Feb 08, 2013, 01:24:57 PM
Fan reviews.
Biased.

Quotebut why am i talking to u we are just whining little bitches u dont want to chat with us in this forum :)

Unfortunatly this website seems to be the one that updates the most about the latest A/P/AvP/A:CM news. Additionally, i've been here for over 5 years.

u saw it was the case with Prometheus last year aswell , the EXACT same case...we got bad reviews from fans aswell so we dare to believe its not good, glitches are glitches, dumb enemies are dumb enemies , linear stages are linear stages, short gametime is short gametime...u cant argue with these...and mostly these are my problems here with ACM

teras

teras

Quote from: Kalawaki on Feb 08, 2013, 01:10:53 PM
All I see is inconsistent bitching from everyone on this forum day in, day out.

You are all whining about something you have yet to play.

Fan-based reviews are biased, everyone that is a fan usually sets their expectations way too goddamn high, and most company-based reviews require a bribe or a bandwagon to give a positive review.

Instead of being mindless sheep with no opinion for yourselves, worthlessly only taking the opinion of people that got an early copy or got paid a salary to write a few paragraph's about something, why don't you actually play the game before judging it? The entire point of video game reviews is pointless unless you share the exact same needs, preferences, and personality as the person writing the review.

Idiots.

And for those of you that have an early copy, I honestly don't give a flying f**k about Graphics, AI, or the like. I'm getting this game mostly for the multiplayer and because i'm a die-hard fan, so I would like to know what happens in the story. That's all.

So, what exactly are you doing in a thread called Fan Reviews?
??? ???

Gren_86

Gren_86

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Feb 08, 2013, 04:31:39 AM
I mean, it's one thing to have high hopes but it almost seems like people here want a GOTY type game. End of the day I just want a game that is solid. I think ACM will be decent enough for me.

If another AVP or Aliens game comes out though I would hope SEGA gets a top-notch developer. I think 343 or Bungie would do wonders with this kind of series.
My thoughts exactly.

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: Gren_86 on Feb 08, 2013, 01:29:50 PM
I mean, it's one thing to have high hopes but it almost seems like people here want a GOTY type game. End of the day I just want a game that is solid. I think ACM will be decent enough for me.

If another AVP or Aliens game comes out though I would hope SEGA gets a top-notch developer. I think 343 or Bungie would do wonders with this kind of series.
My thoughts exactly.

I think SEGA might be part of the problem. 343 won't be making it, as they are a halo only company I believe, and Bungie wants to do more original stuff. I say give it to Ubisoft. Ubisoft would be the shit!

Soffish

Soffish

Quote from: Kalawaki on Feb 08, 2013, 01:24:57 PM
Fan reviews.
Biased.

Agreed with this guy, to be fair he has a point fan reviews are mostly subjective rather than objective, expectations set far to high. While currently looking at the game, yes it isn't going to be a 9 or 10. It's definitely not perfect but It still might be a half decent game. Personally I would wait for a official reviews since they are not subjective at all, they are paid to give a objective opinion on the game and look at both the positives and negatives.

Who knows, they might find more positives that you think. Just chill guys  :)

Edit: Yes I know this thread is based around fan reviews, we can still talk about published reviews. Hell some guy already posted a official article review in this forum.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Prime113 on Feb 08, 2013, 01:32:42 PM
Quote from: Gren_86 on Feb 08, 2013, 01:29:50 PM

My thoughts exactly.

I think SEGA might be part of the problem. 343 won't be making it, as they are a halo only company I believe, and Bungie wants to do more original stuff. I say give it to Ubisoft. Ubisoft would be the shit!
No, give it to ID how it was originally planned back in the 90s.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed